Super Bowl Game Thread: Kansas City at Tampa Bay 6:30 Eastern on CBS

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah....under the same pressure Allen had, Mahomes was much much worse. Allen put up 2 TDs and close to 400 yards of offense still...Mahomes had no TDs and 2 INTs and barely 250 yards.

I don't want to hear this crap about how much better Mahomes is than Allen. Under the same conditions Mahomes looked 10 times worse.

this is a great point. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Weird how it took so long for KC to be exposed as a one dimensional track meet offense, basically the Rams of 2018. 

Only 2 weeks after we were exposed as the same.

It was like watching a mirror of that game tonight.  Weird deja vu.  Mahomes even had 20-30 yard sprinting backwards dropbacks.

• Agree 2

I watched the game because it is usually interesting to see really good teams play. I found myself not caring too much who won, since I am not a KC fan and not a TB fan. I despise Brady (and some of the other TB players), but I also don't like the Chiefs especially after the way they played us 2 weeks ago. I am not happy that Tampa Bay won, but neither am I unhappy that KC lost. What I feel, most of all, is the desire for the Bills to get better next year!

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

FB_IMG_1612755320986.jpg

He did hit the guy in the face on that throw.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I don’t mean it was an issue, I’m just saying if I’m Brady, I’d consider retirement. I just see this turning out real ugly his final season, and I’m ready to see it. 

Yeah I’d agree. But people said that about THIS season and look how it turned out. The guy just has a burning desire to succeed that is pretty much unsurpassed in sports history, other than maybe Jordan. Brady is a douche but he’s damn good. People just can’t dispute that. I’m very very glad he’s out of the AFC East finally. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

It was like watching a mirror of that game tonight.  Weird deja vu.  Mahomes even had 20-30 yard sprinting backwards dropbacks.

mahomes invented the 30-yard sack. I was shocked when josh had two of them. He hasn’t taken sacks that bad ever. 

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The Chiefs got thumped...couldn't happen to a better team. Even at the cost of brady winning another SB, ring, MVP.

I said I’d never root for Brady, and mocked all those who said they would because KC beat us. Once the game started after this past week of events, I couldn’t root for KC. 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Mahomes is playing like hot garbage tonight. He has chucked a bunch of balls that should have been INTs. KC has some great receivers that have been making adjustments all night to throws.

Credit Mahomes for getting the ball in the right zip code with the heat he is under, but welcome to life for most QBs.

he has also chucked some unbelievable balls that his WRs have dropped for TDs.

• Agree 1

Brady, retire?

The guy is already thinking who to be nice to in the locker room, to encourage them to come back next year and give them the best chance to repeat.

In his mind, a repeat SB would put even more distance between him and Belichick, and everyone else in history. 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

mahomes invented the 30-yard sack. I was shocked when josh had two of them. He hasn’t taken sacks that bad ever. 

He did occasionally, but it only happens against teams with really fast defenses. The weaker teams can't corral him well enough to stop a throwaway. However, I am cautiously optimistic he can polish off the last few rough edges from his game in year 4.

Just now, Ray Stonada said:

Brady, retire?

The guy is already thinking who to be nice to in the locker room, to encourage them to come back next year and give them the best chance to repeat.

In his mind, a repeat SB would put even more distance between him and Belichick, and everyone else in history. 

Let's stop him next year.

6 minutes ago, Success said:

Except Allen was a hell of a lot better under constant duress than Mahomes was.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Ray Stonada said:

Might not be a fair comparison: the Bills weren't missing both tackles, and TB's D-line is better than KC's.  

Everyone was downplaying losing 2 starting tackles a bit much. 

Against the Bucs line? That's pretty devastating.  Too much to overcome, and it showed on the field. Mahomes was never comfortable.

• Agree 1