Super Bowl Game Thread: Kansas City at Tampa Bay 6:30 Eastern on CBS

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The only questionable call was the defensive holding call on the guy covering Evans. That was terrible. The rest were fine. 

Reid is choking in the big game again. 

I don’t think Reid is choking. He’s not taking moronic penalties. His players are doing all the choking. It’s glorious. 

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I don't know how any Bills fan could actually want the GCOAT to win this game.  I get it, Mahomes is a prick, and KC beat us, but how can you actually root for Marcia?  Asking for a friend.

I don't care which team wins but Brady winning without Belichick supports the narrative that the Patriots were more about Brady than Belichick.  

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

I am going to go ahead and not cheer for the team with Hill, Clark, and Andy Reid's kids anywhere near it.

I don’t disagree with that point, I’d prefer they both lose. I just hate to see the refs decide a Super Bowl. They’ve been the story so far. If the Bucs actually earn it I’m fine. It looks Andy’s son is probably costing the team anyway. They seem distracted, and not on their game. The coach sets the tone. I doubt Andy is really in the game with everything that’s going on. 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Those are all penalties. The same way they were against us.

One game they get called, the other they don't.

Yep, only reason I am rooting for Tampa is KC's defense got away with a ton of holding against us and happy to see it called right this week.

• Like (+1) 1

The only reason people hate brady is because he played for a division rival and beat us sooooooo many damn times.

If he was in the NFC (like tampa) and won 6 superbowls with Tampa no one on this board would really give a S***.

So its not brady perse, its that he made some of you feel like poo on so many sundays because he was the GOAT. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CaliBills said:

I root for tampa, regardless of the QB, because two things.  1 KC beat Buffalo and KC fans are becoming the new NE fans (annoying and arrogant).  

2. I grew up in FL and TB was my second team.

Honestly, #3, I want to see Brady win one and say a big F U to the patriots and their organization thinking they could win without them.

Exactly.  We only have to deal with Brady a couple more years. But once Brady retires, all the NFL lovefest will go to Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CaliBills said:

The only reason people hate brady is because he played for a division rival and beat us sooooooo many damn times.

If he was in the NFC (like tampa) and won 6 superbowls with Tampa no one on this board would really give a S***.

So its not brady perse, its that he made some of you feel like poo on so many sundays because he was the GOAT. 

Well, yeah.

2 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

So at first I was complaining about the refs and the inconsistency favoring Brady. There is some of that, but there is more to it. I think Tampa Bay watched the Chiefs mug our receivers and coached their offense to overreact to every contact. The WR will flop when grabbed to draw attention, Brady will throw it in the area to draw a flag. As great as Josh is, of course Brady can still spot these things better and take advantage. And I really think the Tampa coaches could not have missed preparing for the "hold em every time" tactic. 

Of course, KC is doing much worse on offense, too. 

This.   They are attacking, and reacting, to the physicality WAY different than we did.  

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic