Super Bowl Game Thread: Kansas City at Tampa Bay 6:30 Eastern on CBS

Just now, B-Man said:

This is easier to root for the Bucs than I thought.

Brady is going to be the GOAT no matter what, it's the *Patriots I hate.

and the Chiefs are asses.

I would rather KC destroy them. Then we can say we were easily 2nd best team. Feels better than just not being good enough. 

Just now, B-Man said:

It surprised me, but seeing all the holding and face masking the Chiefs have been pulling this game just pissed me off. And I find myself pulling for them to win also. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bucs using the gameplan I was wanting to use against the Chiefs on both sides of the ball so far.  Bracketing Kelce and Hill on offense and using a bunch of misdirection and eye-candy to scheme people open on offense.

You can't play a soft zone against them and expect to stop them.  They are too good outside of structure to stay with Kelce and Hill for 6-7 seconds.  You have to literally double those guys ever play....mirror their every move and hope your line can get pressure quick enough.  Make someone else on that offense beat you.

Against their defense, knowing they like to play man and hold WRs on every play, you have to use your scheme to try and beat them.  The refs virtually never call the holding on their DBs so you have to do something else.  Give them a bunch of things to look at.  Design plays to go to specific guys. Sure, that limits options sometimes and some will work and some won't.  Both of these offensive head coaches are masters at scheming certain players open and it is showing so far to be effective. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There are no teams in the NFL, not even the Chiefs, who can do everything. The Bills need to find some wrinkles to try and tackle KC, but they can't give up on the identity that got them to the AFCCG. 

Problem is our identity matches up terribly with the Chiefs. We can't run and we try to set up long developing pass plays with no top tier RBs or TEs to catch passes in the flat. On defense we can't rush with 4. So yes against the Chiefs we need to do different things well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This for sure. No stopping Brady’s legacy at this point. 

Chiefs and their fans need to be taken down a peg. 

• Like (+1) 1