Why I Will Never Cheer for KC- My Mother in Law

A little history.  I am a life long Bills fan, as such I taught my wife about the game and she has slowly become a big fan as well.  Our entire family was so excited about the AFC Championship game we setup our kids beds on our floor to watch the game with us.   My In-Laws on the other hand watch the games, but dont really cheer on the team.  However, they know how much we love the Bills.   Not two seconds after the Championship game ended my wife got this text from my mother in law, below.  Apparently she has been watching "All the Chiefs games since Mahomes came into the league" despite not having the NFL Ticket, and living in Western NY.   I think she was just trying to get under our skin.  For this reason I hope the Chiefs lose.   

9e9ca34d-04fb-48ef-a86b-11feb4b16d75_699931963536631-2.png.b88804249569499ba1aba3157192e7e1.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I dont like the team, or the fans. Mahomes is an okay dude though. 

I still like Mahomes, and Reid. But it's a challenge to root for that whole team today, and that fanbase.

Oh, well.  Gotta do it.  It's either them, or he who shall not be named.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Is this an appropriate place and time to say I don't like those caricatures that iPhones will make of a person? 😒

I'll bet you're not too keen on them now, too.

Honestly if I knew from word go she was a Chiefs fan Id have no issue.  My cousin is a die hard, remember him wearing the pro line Chiefs snap back in the 90s.  I am happy for him.  I didnt like her sending it seconds after the game.  

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  Sure she's been watching KC since Mahomes came into the league. 

I hate front-runners.

Shes maybe seen three total games.  They have antenna.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

A little history.  I am a life long Bills fan, as such I taught my wife about the game and she has slowly become a big fan as well.  Our entire family was so excited about the AFC Championship game we setup our kids beds on our floor to watch the game with us.   My In-Laws on the other hand watch the games, but dont really cheer on the team.  However, they know how much we love the Bills.   Not two seconds after the Championship game ended my wife got this text from my mother in law, below.  Apparently she has been watching "All the Chiefs games since Mahomes came into the league" despite not having the NFL Ticket, and living in Western NY.   I think she was just trying to get under our skin.  For this reason I hope the Chiefs lose.   

9e9ca34d-04fb-48ef-a86b-11feb4b16d75_699931963536631-2.png.b88804249569499ba1aba3157192e7e1.png

Starting to see a lot of Chiefs gear just show up on people out and about.

Just like how everyone seemed to be a life long Seahawks fan a few years ago. 

35 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Not sure how any Bills fan can root for Brady at any point for any reason. 

Because his legacy is long past the point of being in question.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Success said:

I still like Mahomes, and Reid. But it's a challenge to root for that whole team today, and that fanbase.

Oh, well.  Gotta do it.  It's either them, or he who shall not be named.

Reid lost me being ok with players that have terrible character and his kids that make extremely poor decisions. Seems like he’s not that good of a person if the common denominator in all this is him. Not to mention pretty much every fan of theirs that I’ve met was a women beating pos.

I don’t care about Brady any more now that he’s out of the division. I hope both teams lose but if I had to pick one I want tampa to blow them out by 60.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  Sure she's been watching KC since Mahomes came into the league. 

I hate front-runners.

I have a roommate who roots for QB's...she loved Brady, but ditched him (to her credit) after deflate-gate.  Now she is all about Mahomes.  I like the kid, but she is so freaking obnoxious.  I had to watch the Bills/Cheifs game on my own.  

• Like (+1) 1

My wife is a fair weather football fan. When we played the Cardinals this season, I was going crazy after the Diggs td at the end of the game. My wife says "you know the bills are gonna lose". Not 2 mins later the hail mary happens. She's never allowed to speak during a bills game again 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

Not sure how any Bills fan can root for Brady at any point for any reason. 

I have nothing against anyone on the Bucs besides Brady and Gronk.  But because of them, I can’t root for them. 

If the Chiefs win, you could argue we were the 2nd best team in the league.  I’ll take that 

• Agree 1