SB commercials

djp14150

21 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Best commercials were the Bud Light/Budweiser reunion & the Jeep meeting in the middle commercial.

The worst commercials were Oatley, Paramount Streaming, Watermelon Mountain Dew and that weird commercial with the 4 midget cowgirls buying boots.

You liked the Jeep one? I thought it was pretty lame.

Like, if you want to preach to us don't try to sell us Jeeps at the same time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

It wasn't so much that the Jeep commercial was preachy (it was). It was kind of a downer. 

I think they were going for the same thing as the Clint Eastwood Chrysler commercial in 2012 - the one coming after the great recession and Chrysler/GM rescue packages. But that one just seemed to sound a more optimistic tone, a kind of "our best days are in front of us" thing. This one? Not so much.

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, it didn't make me want to buy a Jeep, almost none of these car commercials do, that being said it was a great message.

I honestly thought it was a Budweiser commercial at first.

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

WTF was up with the torcher ad for the car buying service Vroom.  Seriously a guy tied to a chair with a guy holding jumper cables for a family SuperBowl event?   What poor taste.   

Are you kidding me, that was hilarious!! I don’t know how many bad experiences I’ve had when I went car shopping. When I say, I had to say “no” about 30 times or more, it’s not an exaggeration. Once a salesman gets you in the door, they would say and do whatever to get you to sign. After several bad experiences, then going to Carmax, which is hassle free, I won’t go to another dealership ever again!

50 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Best commercials were the Bud Light/Budweiser reunion & the Jeep meeting in the middle commercial.

The worst commercials were Oatley, Paramount Streaming, Watermelon Mountain Dew and that weird commercial with the 4 midget cowgirls buying boots.

Something that was funny to me, was that right after the melon flavored Mountain Dew commercial there was one for diabetes testing.

For me, the It Wasn't Me commercial was the best but the Alexa one was pretty great too.

35 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yeah, it didn't make me want to buy a Jeep, almost none of these car commercials do, that being said it was a great message.

I honestly thought it was a Budweiser commercial at first.

It had Jeeps every few seconds. Subliminal advertising. And then obviously at the end there was plenty to Jeep advertising.

I just don't like the double agenda. Call for unity and all that if you want, but don't try to sell me a Jeep at the same time.

32 minutes ago, MJS said:

It had Jeeps every few seconds. Subliminal advertising. And then obviously at the end there was plenty to Jeep advertising.

I just don't like the double agenda. Call for unity and all that if you want, but don't try to sell me a Jeep at the same time.

Car commercials are always pretentious, and most of them are not that funny.

The last time that I really had a good laugh from a car commercial was the Volkswagon commercial featuring the little boy dressed as Darth Vader.

• Like (+1) 1

I live in Canada and we get the same crappy subbed in Canadian commercials we have seen all season  :(

For a few years I got away with watching on Seattle channels and getting them but CTV wised up and simo cast over those channels too :(

• Like (+1) 1

I respect Jeep for trying.  A message like that, sadly enough, is a risk in 2021.  

The people I was with, mostly “right of center”, collectively rolled their eyes at it.  

I checked “Woke Twitter” - they were predictably angry and miserable about it. 

State Farm and Cheetos had the best commercials, imo. 

Edited by SCBills

• SDS unpinned this topic

Thought the "Drake from State Farm" commercial was kind of funny. This year as a whole though, the entire SB experience from home was meh. From the pregame, to the commentary, to the commercials, to the halftime performance, all of it was nothing like years past. The only thing awesome was watching the Chiefs get mollywhopped for 60 minutes. 

Liked the Drake from State Farm one.

The Toyota commercial (which never mentioned cars at all and only had Toyota logo at the end) about the para-olympic swimmer hit home with me (old sap that I am).

Not sure why, but I laughed out loud at the short Zyrtec commercial near the end of the broadcast with the guy having a sneezing attack during outdoor couples yoga/stretching.

Alexa commercial with Michael B. Jordan was great...as someone else mentioned, I was a bit surprised that the "wet" comment made it through.