MVP vote - Josh got 2nd most votes

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

there isn’t one.  

Rodgers had a crap season last year. Sign a replacement QB and he gets pissed and performs better?

it’s a popularity contest compiled with 

grabbing headlines. 

Lamar Jackson won one IMO laughable

what drove Mahomes to win it too years ago?

Josh is overlooked because of the long drought.  Is that his fault?

3 years as a starter and 2 playoff seasons. 

Josh isn't overlooked.  The fact that he finished ahead of Mahomes tells me that.  If Rodgers had the same year last year he had this year Lamar would've have won MVP and maybe received four votes like Josh.  Just bad timing.

As far as Mahomes two years ago....50 TD's, 8 INT's, 5,097 yards passing, 113.8 passer ratting.  Pretty, pretty, good.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

When is the last time a QB sat and watched for more than a year and then became a great qb?  Rodgers, 15 years ago.  

You can’t blame them for wanting a QB.  That’s true. To the contrary, you can also say that them choosing a QB may have cost them a shot at another super bowl.  

cue @Mr. WEO “which rookie would have improved the team so much that they would have would have beat the bucs?”  

answer: we’ll never know either way, but what we do know:  the packers ended their season in the same spot they did last year.  A dollar short.....with a draft class that didn’t contribute a penny

it was $100 short last year.  It was a Packers choke/giveaway dime short this year.  

Keep dying on that hill

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

MVP is now a QB award.  If Tennessee had a better record, Henry would have been in the mix.

Henry's qb threw for 3800 and 33tds. Henry is great,  but isn't the sole reason his team was good. Huge part,  but not the end all be all. His team was still .500 when he was held under 100 yrds rushing. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

it was $100 short last year.  It was a Packers choke/giveaway dime short this year.  

Keep dying on that hill

Bwhahaha!  You were the one that said the packers were just lucky last season and will be worse this season.  You died on that hill.  I’m just the one that keeps reminding you.  😂 

58 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Josh isn't overlooked.  The fact that he finished ahead of Mahomes tells me that.  If Rodgers had the same year this year he had last year Lamar would've have won MVP and maybe received four votes like Josh.  Just bad timing.

As far as Mahomes two years ago....50 TD's, 8 INT's, 5,097 yards passing, 113.8 passer ratting.  Pretty, pretty, good.

When Kelce hangs em up Patrick will come down a notch. And when Tyreek leaves they'll be another drop off.  Now is the window we need to surround Josh with a young elite RB/ TE.  Sorry Devin, Zack and Dawson. You're not it.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

not sure what the “rodger’s way” is but okay. 

why don’t you like the guy? Because he’s not a complete robot in press conferences like the other 95% of the league? Because he’s actually honest from time to time?

You know, I think Rodgers is an excellent QB.  I always kind of like the Packers as a default team...but there is something a little unlikable about him.  I appreciate that he is not a cookie-cutter responder. and politically, I think he and I are symaptico.  But, there is an air of smugness about him that isn't very appealing.  I like him, but I can see why some don't.  Though, anyone who makes the argument that he isn't good, or overrated (nobody here seems to be making that argument) is just off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Buftex said:

You know, I think Rodgers is an excellent QB.  I always kind of like the Packers as a default team...but there is something a little unlikable about him.  I appreciate that he is not a cookie-cutter responder. and politically, I think he and I are symaptico.  But, there is an air of smugness about him that isn't very appealing.  I like him, but I can see why some don't.  Though, anyone who makes the argument that he isn't good, or overrated (nobody here seems to be making that argument) is just off.

that’s a very fair assessment and I agree. I just won’t and don’t even entertain these posters here that say he’s some sort of demon because he doesn’t fall in line all the time. 

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Bwhahaha!  You were the one that said the packers were just lucky last season and will be worse this season.  You died on that hill.  I’m just the one that keeps reminding you.  😂 

Yeah I was wrong on that but admitted so----and then  I pointed out that they actually got BETTER this year, despite picking Love.  Pay attention.

Hey maybe that other 1st round rookie could have won got the Packers into the SB....by saying:  "Aaron, run into the EZ to tie this game up!!"  and, right after that: "hey Coach, we can't settle for a FG here!!".

Two of the worst back to back decisions in NFL Conference Championship game history.  They blew it, plain and simple.  That was their best chance for the SB (infinitely better than last year, despite picking Love) in 10 years. 

You're the one who keeps punching yourself in the head on this.  You're a masochist.  But I'm no sadist so I'll leave at the above.

4 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Henry's qb threw for 3800 and 33tds. Henry is great,  but isn't the sole reason his team was good. Huge part,  but not the end all be all. His team was still .500 when he was held under 100 yrds rushing. 

Tannehill did so well because of threat of Henry running.  He has disappeared in the post season twice now.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah I was wrong on that but admitted so----and then  I pointed out that they actually got BETTER this year, despite picking Love.  Pay attention.

Hey maybe that other 1st round rookie could have won got the Packers into the SB....by saying:  "Aaron, run into the EZ to tie this game up!!"  and, right after that: "hey Coach, we can't settle for a FG here!!".

Two of the worst back to back decisions in NFL Conference Championship game history.  They blew it, plain and simple.  That was their best chance for the SB (infinitely better than last year, despite picking Love) in 10 years. 

You're the one who keeps punching yourself in the head on this.  You're a masochist.  But I'm no sadist so I'll leave at the above.

How am I subjecting myself to pain by telling you that you were wrong.  It doesn’t hurt me that the packers didn’t win a super bowl.  

I haven’t been wrong on anything here.  I’ve been right the entire time. The packers coming up just short is in my favor.  Not yours.  You can try and spin it however you like.  You’d just be wrong. Again

• Like (+1) 1