MVP vote - Josh got 2nd most votes

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

While I agree those players would be good choices he is 37 and you can't blame the team for thinking of the future.

When is the last time a QB sat and watched for more than a year and then became a great qb?  Rodgers, 15 years ago.  

You can’t blame them for wanting a QB.  That’s true. To the contrary, you can also say that them choosing a QB may have cost them a shot at another super bowl.  

cue @Mr. WEO “which rookie would have improved the team so much that they would have would have beat the bucs?”  

answer: we’ll never know either way, but what we do know:  the packers ended their season in the same spot they did last year.  A dollar short.....with a draft class that didn’t contribute a penny

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

.....I wish they would maybe more clearly define the parameters of the award.....

If you are voting for the player who means the most to his teams success....then I can see why a Rogers or Allen would and should win that award.  The Packers are a 6-10 team without Rodgers...the Bills probalby 8-8 without Allen this year.  I think the Chiefs roster with Chad Henne, could probably manage 10-6 in the AFC west as it was this season....so to the extent that Rodgers and Allen mean more to their team...they are deserving of the MVP award......If the award goes to the guy that is teh "LEAUGE" MVP....then that proably should go to someone like Mahomes when he's being talked about as a guy breaking records and going to another super bowls...they vote on regular season...so there is that as well.  one thing to note...Mahomes is a PETTY PRICK when it comes to this stuff....you might see him flash a 1, 2....3? at some point during the game.

The same thing for "coach of the year"  Frankly, I'd have given that to Shanahan....he had the 49ers competitive most games despite a glut of injuries and playing with 2nd or 3rd string QB's all year....It was amazing that team didn't completely collapse.....but that award usually goes to a coach whose team just went 10-6 and was bad the year before....to where voters think that coach...coached em up to being in the playoffs.  

I'll take lombardis though, if given a choice.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Interesting that Mahomes got two more votes than Allen as far as "offensive player of the year."  Mahomes nauseating amount of weapons seemed to work against him as far as what the voters viewed as "value" to their team as far as the MVP vote goes.

EtmDGNSXMAI7_iF?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So, some stupid Steelers voter had to give a vote for Big Ben? How can you not vote for Alex Smith coming back from a horrific injury to help lead the WFT to the division title?

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I have a feeling Josh is more worried about getting the SB appearance/win as a team than individual accolades like this—that said, I fully support the upthread sentiment that it will still happen in due course. Rodgers had an otherworldly season for a QB on the wrong side of 35+, can we agree? 

Yes, especially when it seemed his relationship with the team could be strained with them drafting his replacement and not any weapons. 

5 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

not sure what the “rodger’s way” is but okay. 

why don’t you like the guy? Because he’s not a complete robot in press conferences like the other 95% of the league? Because he’s actually honest from time to time?

Maybe because he routinely does stuff like cancels being a groomsman in his close friends wedding the day of by text.

Or that he has basically not talked to anyone in his family for years.

Sometimes money changes people and they forget where they came from and who they are.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Reminder that Allen would've won MVP if he didn't hurt his shoulder.

I still think he re-aggravated something in the divisional game

he still ran some but the designed runs disappeared and his mannerisms/mechanics all tightened up on that side

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I have a feeling Josh is more worried about getting the SB appearance/win as a team than individual accolades like this—that said, I fully support the upthread sentiment that it will still happen in due course. Rodgers had an otherworldly season for a QB on the wrong side of 35+, can we agree? 

I dunno, Allen's stated goal is to get paid like Mahommes. You don't get paid like that by playing like Dilfer.

Now, Allen being an mvp candidate surely helps the team, these aren't mutually exclusive, but Allen wants to be the best qb ever and a hall of famer period, no different from Rodgers.

Would Allen trade some individual stats for championships, yes, I believe he is a very team driven player, but he wants to win while playing in a way that most helps the team win. If the coaches stopped using him in a way that he feels that is happening, especially if they take the ball out of his hands and go super run heavy, you would absolutely have a Diggs with the Vikings type situation.  This coaching staff listens though and encourages players to give constructive input and use it as an opportunity to teach.

Anyway, Rodgers is the same, he's just more honest about it, and in a place in his career where he can get away with saying it.

• Like (+1) 2

Rogers had a great year, no doubt.  I hate him, but how does Brady not get one vote?  Tampa was going nowhere last year with Winston.  Now they could win the Super Bowl and did by beating Rogers.  Head scratcher. 

6 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Reminder that Allen would've won MVP if he didn't hurt his shoulder.

That's very far from clear.

The argument is that for a four-game stretch we did much worse than any other time of the season, but that four-game stretch is also when we played 3 of the top seven defenses, in the Rams, Fins and Pats.

May have been a factor, though.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

For Stefanski, maybe because the Browns broke the playoff drought and gave the Chiefs a much better game than the Bills did?

As for your final comment, how was your tour of the Capitol building?😜

Relax, just being funny. Is it too soon?

Except about the Stefanski issue, your anecdotal reasoning doesn't convince me.

Edited by CSBill

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They did.  May have cost them a Super Bowl birth.  Tee Higgins or Chase Claypool would've been a nice weapon for Aaron to have.

Any player had a better shot to help them than Love.  Time will tell if Love was the right pick but the odds are low.

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

.....I wish they would maybe more clearly define the parameters of the award.....

If you are voting for the player who means the most to his teams success....then I can see why a Rogers or Allen would and should win that award.  The Packers are a 6-10 team without Rodgers...the Bills probalby 8-8 without Allen this year.  I think the Chiefs roster with Chad Henne, could probably manage 10-6 in the AFC west as it was this season....so to the extent that Rodgers and Allen mean more to their team...they are deserving of the MVP award......If the award goes to the guy that is teh "LEAUGE" MVP....then that proably should go to someone like Mahomes when he's being talked about as a guy breaking records and going to another super bowls...they vote on regular season...so there is that as well.  one thing to note...Mahomes is a PETTY PRICK when it comes to this stuff....you might see him flash a 1, 2....3? at some point during the game.

The same thing for "coach of the year"  Frankly, I'd have given that to Shanahan....he had the 49ers competitive most games despite a glut of injuries and playing with 2nd or 3rd string QB's all year....It was amazing that team didn't completely collapse.....but that award usually goes to a coach whose team just went 10-6 and was bad the year before....to where voters think that coach...coached em up to being in the playoffs.  

I'll take lombardis though, if given a choice.

You think Barkley could have led the Bills to 8-8?  :lol:

No, the Bills would have been worse than the Pack would have been without Rodgers.  The Bills had no running game, the defense was spotty and they played the 5th hardest schedule.  No backup QB would have gotten them to 8-8.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Agree with most of this post except the bolded part.  2020 Bills with Matt Barkley starting are 5-11 at best. 

I think your roster overall, is pretty good...you guys would know better than me though what Barkley would do if he was driving the car.

• Like (+1) 1