NFL Honors Awards Show Tonight: Any Bills make it?

BillsDude

McD not getting Coach of the Year is a joke.  

The Browns finished in 3rd place.  

They were supposed to make the playoffs....in 2019.  And had the roster to do so this year and needed to play the Steelers minus Ben to get in.

We go 6-0 in division.  Play one of the hardest schedules in the league.  Fell to 7-3 after the Hail Murray.....then proceed to not lose again until the AFC Championship game.  

Joke.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Of course we’d have two of the biggest highlight plays against us 🤦‍♂️

And we lost both those games ;)

But we won 13 so who cares ? ;)

13 hours ago, White Linen said:

I mean who wouldn't show off AA cups?

If she would learn to love the meat she wouldn't be so skinny ;)

Stefanski beating McDermott strikes me as very strange - maybe the former called a better game in the divisional round compared to the latter in the championship round but it’s meant to be about the season as a whole.

I’m surprised of the vote count difference between Rodgers and Josh as well. Maybe I’m biased on both counts but feel Josh should have been much closer at the very least.

• Like (+1) 1

As far as Coach of the year, on the main page there is a nice article from Syracuse’s paper this morning that underlines why McDermott should’ve definitely received the award over Stefanski.  McD in her item a mess in 17, turned our team around from a 17 year drought, has now made 3 of 4 years, won the AFCE, a first in 25 years, and made it back to the AFCCG.  Stefanski had the #1 pick in Mayfield from 18, Myles Garrett, a stud from day 1, possible the best RB tandem in the league, and a lot of talent, and we still went 13-3, to their wins.  We also won two playoff games, whereas the Browns lost.  The last point I remember is we finished 6-0 in division to their 3-3 record.  In what way did McD not deserve coach of the year?

Like Allen, he’ll have many more chances for it, and 5 years from now, the Pegulas will be calling McBeane (both of them), are you boys ready for another 5 years.  Just think positively we will have our GM, HC, and franchise QB for a total of 13 years before we ever enter a carousel again, and then some.

You're our HC of the year Mr. McD.

• Agree 1

All I've heard the last couple years about the Browns is how talented the team is, perhaps the MOST talented in the entire league a good many analysts have stated!

If this is the case, why does Stefanski get so much credit? It is pretty obvious from the record that the coach of the year got outperformed by at least McDermott and perhaps others. The media got going on him mid-season as the favorite and didn't let up. Shame.

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

McD not getting Coach of the Year is a joke.  

The Browns finished in 3rd place.  

They were supposed to make the playoffs....in 2019.  And had the roster to do so this year and needed to play the Steelers minus Ben to get in.

We go 6-0 in division.  Play one of the hardest schedules in the league.  Fell to 7-3 after the Hail Murray.....then proceed to not lose again until the AFC Championship game.  

Joke.  

All year, we kept on reading how poor the Bills' point differential was.

Cleveland finished at -11 for the season.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

All year, we kept on reading how poor the Bills' point differential was.

Cleveland finished at -11 for the season.

Ill give you another one from my earlier post.  The Bills were 6-3 against teams with a winning record after week 17.  The Browns, 2-4.  If you include the playoffs, the Browns were 3-7, and the Bills, 8-4!

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed... just gotta hope they don’t get Watson. Would probably make them division favorites.

You can't make this ***** up.

Maybe you should go back and watch week 17 again. Watson doesn't close that gap.

Edited by Beast

12 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed... just gotta hope they don’t get Watson. Would probably make them division favorites.

There’s the guy we all remember.

..... They better hope Watson can help their defense because Allen made them look pop Warner twice last year. 

6 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

All I've heard the last couple years about the Browns is how talented the team is, perhaps the MOST talented in the entire league a good many analysts have stated!

If this is the case, why does Stefanski get so much credit? It is pretty obvious from the record that the coach of the year got outperformed by at least McDermott and perhaps others. The media got going on him mid-season as the favorite and didn't let up. Shame.

Because last year the talent didn't matter. Cleveland went from 6-10 to 11-5. Ended a 18 year playoff drought and won a playoff game. The talent from last year to this year didn't change much. Only thing that changed was the coach.

Add in that Stefanski did all that without an offseason and without a preseason as a first time head coach. Mcdermott is a great coach, and he would have deserved it too, but he has had his system in place for 4 years now makes this offseason situation a lot easier to manage.

Edited by cle23

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

Because last year the talent didn't matter. Cleveland went from 6-10 to 11-5. Ended a 18 year playoff drought and won a playoff game. The talent from last year to this year didn't change much. Only thing that changed was the coach.

Add in that Stefanski did all that without an offseason and without a preseason as a first time head coach. Mcdermott is a great coach, and he would have deserved it too, but he has had his system in place for 4 years now makes this offseason situation a lot easier to manage.

I'm going with the guy who won his division with a 13-3 record and unseated a dynasty of 20 years. No award from me for competent coaching instead of incompetent. Oh and McDermott did it with a less talented team. SMDH

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I'm going with the guy who won his division with a 13-3 record and unseated a dynasty of 20 years. No award from me for competent coaching instead of incompetent. Oh and McDermott did it with a less talented team. SMDH

Unseated a 7-9 team with hot garbage at QB. I honestly have no clue how they even ended up at 7-9. 

McDermott is a great coach. Imagine, the Browns were planning to hire him instead of Hue Jackson until Haslam stepped in. 

As I said, McDermott was fully deserving of the award. If he would have won it I would have completely understood. But it's amazing seeing people act like Stefanski did an "ok" job this year. He completely changed the team and the culture. In one year. Without any offseason at all.