Our next POTUS takes on Big Tech in Florida

16 minutes ago, TBBills said:

So everyone is coming to Florida and people think Florida will still be the utopia they are all thinking in this thread... This thread is going to be fun to watch as it unfolds.

I've been thinking of moving to Florida for a long time now.  We've been going to Disney annually since 2000 and I always look forward to it.  I'm getting tired of the cold, snow and lack of light in the winter time.  Maybe living there full time will be different but we're going to give it a shot anyway.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

I've been thinking of moving to Florida for a long time now.  We've been going to Disney annually since 2000 and I always look forward to it.  I'm getting tired of the cold, snow and lack of light in the winter time.  Maybe living there full time will be different but we're going to give it a shot anyway.

Ya know what you mean doc. We are as well getting tired of the cold, snow and lack of light.  Plus the population going down were we live at. A big job for a rural town going to shut down 800 workers. People told me this town was great. Movie theaters, mall full in the past. Now mall a ghost town, used to have movie threater bunch of other stuff. Lots of it shut down. Jobs moving to mexico, some big ones in the past.  

Now it's pretty much fast food and stores like Wal Mart. Such a shame.

Never been to disney world. Heard it is pretty cool.  Ya worth a shot man.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Ya know what you mean doc. We are as well getting tired of the cold, snow and lack of light.  Plus the population going down were we live at. A big job for a rural town going to shut down 800 workers. People told me this town was great. Movie theaters, mall full in the past. Now mall a ghost town, used to have movie threater bunch of other stuff. Lots of it shut down. Jobs moving to mexico, some big ones in the past.  

It now takes a lot of planning to do it right, if you haven't gone/much.  Otherwise you'll be stuck in lines.  We've streamlined it and staying on property and then having a DVC (Disney Vacation Club) allows you to get in an hour earlier or stay a few hours later, to beat the crowds.  And we by an annual pass so we can go every day and come and go as we please.  But we rent a car and do a lot of other stuff off-Disney.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

You don't have more freedom down here just FYI. It's the same...

I will say with certainty that you have not lived in other parts of the country, especially during COVID. My family who still lives in NY has had their business shuttered, which does not mention gun ownership rights, ease of opening a business, or ease of getting proper school for your child. FL is not a utopia, but it is much better than any of liberal states right now.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Orlando is growing very quickly but if you are willing to live a little ways out there is still some good deals. As for Disney I live very close and it is a cool place to visit, as is Universal. I have had annual passes to both over the years and the biggest advice I can give is always be there at opening and bring snacks so you can wait to eat till later in day when park is at busiest.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Orlando is growing very quickly but if you are willing to live a little ways out there is still some good deals. As for Disney I live very close and it is a cool place to visit, as is Universal. I have had annual passes to both over the years and the biggest advice I can give is always be there at opening and bring snacks so you can wait to eat till later in day when park is at busiest.

Yeah, being at rope-drop is key.  Getting in early though, if you can, is best.  They used to only let 1 park a day open early.  Now they're letting them all open early so we no longer have to be tied to that schedule.  And usually bring protein bars in, but end-up eating at the park for lunch.

Edited by Doc

19 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

He is doing really good job. Me too. Wish we had him instead of Cuomo.  Like some here.

Yes it is FakeBook. Deleted it last year. Tried doing again but deleted again. Don't need it. Much happier without it.

Good for you. I never joined and don't plan to.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

You’ve gotta love reporting that doesn’t SEEK to mislead! 🤣🤣🤣

This is exactly why trust in the mainstream media is in the tank!

They can’t hide it anymore...people are hip to what’s going on...

While what CNN reports is factually accurate, without context to NY and CA (that have locked down) it is very manipulative...and they do it on purpose for political reasons...

This is exactly what the Time Magazine article was talking about when describing how the media and big Tech interfered with the election...They admit it and then actually justify doing it too...pathetic journalism...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Florida’s Division of Emergency Management Director Jared Moskowitz, who is a Democrat, had already completely undercut pay to play allegations against DeSantis last month in a tweet criticizing the Miami Herald’s one-sided reporting on the subject:

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Ron's da best - EVER

Do you think the difference has anything at all to do with the fact that Florida's elderly population is disproportionately white? Combined with the distrust of the black community towards vaccines?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Do you think the difference has anything at all to do with the fact that Florida's elderly population is disproportionately white? Combined with the distrust of the black community towards vaccines?

Dems are trying to take him down proactively. He’s the first Republican they’ve seen in decades that’s articulate intelligent and has a clean patriotic background story that might threaten democratic control. 

Very similar to Obama in term of values and appeal to respective base. 

And intelligence and ability to articulate themselves 

• Agree 1