Carson Wentz on the move?

whatdrought

19 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I thought the same, reunited with Reich I'm sure is what Wentz wants. And the Colts were dangerous this year with rivers.

No they weren't.  That Offense was a dud--24 passing TDs and barely above 4000 yards.  A single receiver with over 50 catches and 700 yards.  24 passing TDs.  And now they would be replacing Rivers with a QB who has had one season that rose above somewhat above average.

Maybe you meant "dangerous this year with Rivers....handing the ball off"?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

No they weren't.  That Offense was a dud--24 passing TDs and barely above 4000 yards.  A single receiver with over 50 catches and 700 yards.  24 passing TDs.  And now they would be replacing Rivers with a QB who has had one season that rose above somewhat above average.

I mean, Rivers looked incapable of playing QB the year past. 

His game was elevated.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If Rivers wasn’t dangerous, not sure what that means about Bills defense.  I think Indy will be hard pressed to upgrade Rivers unless they land Wilson or Watson.  

31 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Dude, "barely above 4000 yds passing" is barely outside a top-10 passing offense

Last I heard, TDs counted the same if they're rushing or passing.  Top-10 scoring offense.

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, "barely above 4000 yds passing" is barely outside a top-10 passing offense

Last I heard, TDs counted the same if they're rushing or passing.  Top-10 scoring offense.

4100 yards got you to 18th last year.  Colts were 14 (if you don't count net passing).   24 TDs passing was good for tied for 22nd.  with the Dolphins, and fewer than passing powerhouses SF, Jags and Chicago--3 teams that combined started 8 different QBs.

Like I said, Colts were a dangerous Offense...with Rivers handing off the ball.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

You must not have watched the playoff game vs the bills. Rivers had over 300 yards and 2 tds. If his recievers didn't drop 2 catchable passes the bills wouldnt have a playoff win this year. Rivers played way better against us than Jackson. Im not saying rivers was elite, im saying the Colts were a dangerous team that could have beaten the bills lead by rivers who limited them in some aspects. Wentz is light years more athletic and can make huge plays.

Somewhat above average? I'm not a huge Wentz fan by any means, but he was the clear cut nfl mvp and got the eagles to the playoffs. Who was calling his plays? Reich.

8 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

You must not have watched the playoff game vs the bills. Rivers had over 300 yards and 2 tds. If his recievers didn't drop 2 catchable passes the bills wouldnt have a playoff win this year. Rivers played way better against us than Jackson. Im not saying rivers was elite, im saying the Colts were a dangerous team that could have beaten the bills lead by rivers who limited them in some aspects. Wentz is light years more athletic and can make huge plays.

Somewhat above average? I'm not a huge Wentz fan by any means, but he was the clear cut nfl mvp and got the eagles to the playoffs. Who was calling his plays? Reich.

Fitzy had over 300 yards snd 2 TDs vs the Bills..were the Dolphins a “dangerous” offense with Beardy too?

Wentz has appeared in a total of 1 career playoff game—-he lasted 2 series before he was again injured and could not finish the 1st Q.

You think, after you “have watched” him play last year, that he’s poised to make “huge plays” by some magic that only Frank Reich possesses?   

He’s a zero in the locker room and a dud  on the field.  

Weo, I don’t know, the Colts were 10th in overall offense, 11th passing/game, 11th rushing/game.  They also have 8th in defense, 20th against the pass, but 2nd against the run.

I am not a huge Wentz fan, but he may need a change in scenery, and Reich might be able to get something out of him.  Where the Colts are at is they have a very good team with a good line.  If Wentz will ever succeed, it would be there.  The Colts need a QB and no way they can more that far north in the draft to get one.  So they are left hopefully a trade.

Listening to Pat Kirwan the other day, he speculated Brandon Marshall who is known to stretch the truth is off on the Wilson rumors.  Pat mentioned they were in the same room for him getting Man of the Year, and he didn’t sense any of these thoughts about wanting out in Seattle.  He did say Wilson is probably sick of getting his head knocked in from all the sacks.

I don’t see Watson or Wilson going anywhere so you’re left with Wentz.  Stafford and Goff are gone.  Who’s left?  Now, two 2nds seems like a fair deal.  Not a thing more.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Weo, I don’t know, the Colts were 10th in overall offense, 11th passing/game, 11th rushing/game.  They also have 8th in defense, 20th against the pass, but 2nd against the run.

I am not a huge Wentz fan, but he may need a change in scenery, and Reich might be able to get something out of him.  Where the Colts are at is they have a very good team with a good line.  If Wentz will ever succeed, it would be there.  The Colts need a QB and no way they can more that far north in the draft to get one.  So they are left hopefully a trade.

Listening to Pat Kirwan the other day, he speculated Brandon Marshall who is known to stretch the truth is off on the Wilson rumors.  Pat mentioned they were in the same room for him getting Man of the Year, and he didn’t sense any of these thoughts about wanting out in Seattle.  He did say Wilson is probably sick of getting his head knocked in from all the sacks.

I don’t see Watson or Wilson going anywhere so you’re left with Wentz.  Stafford and Goff are gone.  Who’s left?  Now, two 2nds seems like a fair deal.  Not a thing more.

can always try making an offer to Chucky for Derek Carr.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Fitzy had over 300 yards snd 2 TDs vs the Bills..were the Dolphins a “dangerous” offense with Beardy too?

Wentz has appeared in a total of 1 career playoff game—-he lasted 2 series before he was again injured and could not finish the 1st Q.

You think, after you “have watched” him play last year, that he’s poised to make “huge plays” by some magic that only Frank Reich possesses?   

Just quoting the above for posterity on the off chance NE gets Wentz.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 2/13/2021 at 3:28 AM, Mr. WEO said:

I wouldn't say Fitzpatrick himself made the offense dangerous, but as a team ya the dolphins played elite D and Fitzpatrick lead them to alot of wins with arguably the least talented wr core in the nfl. 

How does his playoff injury make him a bad QB? He still got them all the way there. And reich was in charge of that offense, that made him almost NFL mvp. Now Wentz would be reunited with Reich, with an elite O line, young emerging recivers and rbs, and an excellent defense. I'm not saying Wentz is an nfl mvp, he was bad this year. But he could be put into an even better situation than when he took the eagles to the playoffs.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:51 PM, BuffaloRebound said:

If Rivers wasn’t dangerous, not sure what that means about Bills defense.  I think Indy will be hard pressed to upgrade Rivers unless they land Wilson or Watson.  

It says they were vulnerable against balanced offensive attacks. Teams who could effectively run and play-action, but also go decisive, 3-step rhythm passing on early downs...they give a defense like the Bills trouble. Hence the VERY different results against Indy and Baltimore in the playoffs, for example. 

On 2/13/2021 at 1:51 AM, BuffaloRebound said:

The wildcard was one of his best games of the year. Was a guy who knew it might be his last rodeo going down swinging. For most of the season Rivers was a below average NFL QB.

On 2/13/2021 at 1:23 PM, machine gun kelly said:

That’s true, but he wants two #1’s doesn’t he?  I thought that’s what I read.  Carr nor Wentz are worth that price.

Agreed but Carr can at least play.... Wentz not so much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I wouldn't say Fitzpatrick himself made the offense dangerous, but as a team ya the dolphins played elite D and Fitzpatrick lead them to alot of wins with arguably the least talented wr core in the nfl. 

How does his playoff injury make him a bad QB? He still got them all the way there. And reich was in charge of that offense, that made him almost NFL mvp. Now Wentz would be reunited with Reich, with an elite O line, young emerging recivers and rbs, and an excellent defense. I'm not saying Wentz is an nfl mvp, he was bad this year. But he could be put into an even better situation than when he took the eagles to the playoffs.

Wentz's second best year came after Reich was gone.  Colts have mediocre WRs, decent RBs.  Defense is #10.  

I can't imagine Colts fans being exited to go from Manning to Luck to Brissett to Old Man Rivers to a totally burnt out Wentz.

What a nightmare.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wentz's second best year came after Reich was gone.  Colts have mediocre WRs, decent RBs.  Defense is #10.  

I can't imagine Colts fans being exited to go from Manning to Luck to Brissett to Old Man Rivers to a totally burnt out Wentz.

What a nightmare.

Cots are in tough spot. That team is built to win right now. Losing Luck was completely unforeseen. I'd argue they had a better plan than most to get through it. Brissett is a top backup in the league and he played reasonably well in 2019. Going to get Rivers who is likely a HOF QB who used to play for your HC is a smart move. No panic moves and doesn't look like they are not going to overpay for Wentz.

Personally I would have loved to see Stafford on that team. 

29 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Cots are in tough spot. That team is built to win right now. Losing Luck was completely unforeseen. I'd argue they had a better plan than most to get through it. Brissett is a top backup in the league and he played reasonably well in 2019. Going to get Rivers who is likely a HOF QB who used to play for your HC is a smart move. No panic moves and doesn't look like they are not going to overpay for Wentz.

Personally I would have loved to see Stafford on that team. 

Luck was gone over 2 seasons ago, yet organization is still without a plan for QB long term.  

Stafford is Rivers without the HOF career.  He's at the tail end.  The irony is that the Rams just got rid of  Goff (better than Wentz) to pick up an aging Stafford.  Name another 1st round QB who was a ProBowler his first 2 seasons as full time starter who brought his team to the playoffs for the first time in 16 years and then the SB the following year.  3 playoffs in his 4 years as full season starter---and then was traded for some aging vet who achieved little in his former town.

Imagine, if the Bills don't make the playoffs next year,  the Bills giving up on Josh  and trading him for....Derek Carr.  Crazy.

On 2/11/2021 at 2:25 AM, GunnerBill said:

The last time Ryan Pace used his 1st round pick on a QB he took Mitch Trubisky and left Mahomes and Watson on the board. How Ryan Pace is still a GM is a mystery. If he spends a first on Carson Wentz after that he wants firing on the spot.

This is spot on