Carson Wentz on the move?

whatdrought

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Eagles fans commenting on this were less than enthused to contribute 

I mean all the people questioning what he's done for them....it's like the SB winning season didn't happen. Sure Foals brought them home but Wentz got them to the show.

On 2/7/2021 at 5:49 PM, first_and_ten said:

When I read that they want a first round pick or maybe two for him, I laughed!! He was absolutely terrible this past year!! Why do coaches and GMs always think that they can make him great? I would draft a QB with my own first round pick rather than trading mine for him.

The last time Ryan Pace used his 1st round pick on a QB he took Mitch Trubisky and left Mahomes and Watson on the board. How Ryan Pace is still a GM is a mystery. If he spends a first on Carson Wentz after that he wants firing on the spot.

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean all the people questioning what he's done for them....it's like the SB winning season didn't happen. Sure Foals brought them home but Wentz got them to the show.

Foles started the last 6 games, including all 3 playoff games, going 5-1. His one loss was the last game of the year when they only played him and the other starters a few drives. The 5-1 record under Foles compared to the 11-2 record Wentz put up doesn't look any different except for the number of games played. And 3 of Foles wins were in the playoffs, two of which Foles and the Eagles put up big numbets.

Wentz is 3 games above .500 overall with only 35 wins through his 5 year career. The Eagles have made the playoffs 3 different years while Wentz has been there. He's started only 1 game, attempted a mere 4 passes, completing only 1 before yet again leaving the game injured. With what he's getting paid he's got to stay on the field & win, especially during the postseason.

29 minutes ago, ALF said:

Two 2nd rd picks is generous to take his salary

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/carson-wentz-18950/

He can always restructure. 

Eagles are in a tough spot. Colts didn't offer much more for Stafford either. So Colts seem to be sticking with not giving up a 1st. The question is will there be any other team in on Wentz. 

38 minutes ago, ALF said:

Two 2nd rd picks is generous to take his salary

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/carson-wentz-18950/

i agree. The Eagles should be giving the Colts two 2nd round picks.

I don’t quite understand what the Colts are thinking. That said, wentz will do fine behind that line and with that running game. 

11 hours ago, Nester said:

I dont like this.

If anyone can fix Wentz it’s Frank Reich. 
I see us playing the colts in the playoffs over the next few years. 

Reich has got a lot to fix.  But what he cant fix is Wentz being injury-prone.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/10/2021 at 8:17 PM, Warcodered said:

What show?  He got them to 11 wins??.  Nick Foles won every meaningful game for the Eagles in that stretch.  They made a mistake trading Foles.  They could have paid Foles half they paid Wentz and gotten way more for him back then.  

• Like (+1) 1