Carson Wentz on the move?

whatdrought

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's amazing, if true, that the Bears would consider dumping Trubisky and pay 2 1sts for....Carson Wentz!! 

I recall previous threads claiming regular fans like us could never aspire to the level of football smarts that NFL GMs possess.........

Somewhere on a Bears forum there is a poster saying "you think you know more than Ryan Pace, an NFL GM?"

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Colts would be a good move.  I like Wentz and think Frank could help him

Not only the Frank connection BUT the Colts have an OL where Wentz can actually do what he does best is pushing the ball downfield without running for his life 

Edited by Putin

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Rivers actually played well last year.  Indy will be hard pressed to replace him.  Unless he was sand bagging to get out of Philly, Wentz will be a downgrade from Rivers.   

Wentz is pretty good on a good team. Rivers is also. I think with their run game Wentz should get a lot of easy action throws. He'll bounce back. His mobility also adds another dimension.

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Wentz is pretty good on a good team. Rivers is also. I think with their run game Wentz should get a lot of easy action throws. He'll bounce back. His mobility also adds another dimension.

Yea I lived in the Philadelphia area back in 2017, Wentz was pretty darn good that year. He has really struggled the last few years but the team around him was a mess. I don’t think he is all world but I still think he is a pretty good quarterback and an upgrade from Rivers if he went to Indy.

if the bears trade for him it’s just more of the same dysfunction and he will probably continue to struggle.

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

So they can the super bowl-winning coach in part for presiding over Wentz’s implosion and going with the other guy, then they are going to turn around and ship off Wentz anyways? Okay I guess. Not sure what Roseman is doing down there.

Apparently, neither is Roseman (sure what he's doing).  Guess he'll have to change his wall art.

56 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Rivers actually played well last year.  Indy will be hard pressed to replace him.  Unless he was sand bagging to get out of Philly, Wentz will be a downgrade from Rivers.   

I don't think Wentz was sandbagging. 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If you think he's a franchise QB then yes you are.

I guess that kind of raises the question why would they have that viewpoint (that he's a franchise QB)

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

More interested in what happens to Fletcher Cox.  Can’t imagine that guy wants to waste the couple good years he has left on a rebuilding team.  I imagine Ertz ends up with Wentz and Reich.  

Yeah he was one of my guys to watch out for this offseason. I would call to see his availability. Philly is already killing their cap if they move Wentz 

• Like (+1) 1

I have a house I overpaid for at $350k. My family had one great year in said residence.  A tornado took out the kitchen. The shingles blew off. However I will swap it out for any house valued at half a mill (as long as the house is on the water).

Edited by Cruiserplayer
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I agree and I really like frank 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Apparently, neither is Roseman (sure what he's doing).  Guess he'll have to change his wall art.

I don't think Wentz was sandbagging. 

I guess that kind of raises the question why would they have that viewpoint (that he's a franchise QB)

He’s not a franchise QB at all. He lost all his confidence, his teammates hated him and wanted Foles over him and even Pederson knew that Wentz wasn’t the answer. He’s a middle tier bridge QB