Andy Reid’s son admits drinking before accident that severely injured child [edited title]

Has info come out as to whether he was drinking at the chiefs facility?  If he was the Chiefs will be liable, Reid might even have a trust fund from his father, and any and all insurance he has will be footing a bill.  Andy might not be liable for the accident but I woulld bet he would ensure the girl is taken care of for life.  I mean he makes 10 mil per year and has for a long time so sending 10-15 mil to the girls famiy is probably an easy check for him to write at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

personal story on the topic. When me and my ex wife were going to the store one night we were rear ended by a drunk driver with no insurance. My then wife was 6 1/2 months pregnant. The accident cause

Prayers for the five year old and family.  Without commenting specifically on Reid, I’ll just share my opinion that driving after having even one adult beverage is astoundingly selfish.

“Ignorance” has such a negative connotation that I hate to use the word here. It just means a lack of knowledge or awareness. I’m seeing a lot of that here.    Of course the victims get the

Posted Images

Just now, aristocrat said:

Has info come out as to whether he was drinking at the chiefs facility?  If he was the Chiefs will be liable, Reid might even have a trust fund from his father, and any and all insurance he has will be footing a bill.  Andy might not be liable for the accident but I woulld bet he would ensure the girl is taken care of for life.  I mean he makes 10 mil per year and has for a long time so sending 10-15 mil to the girls famiy is probably an easy check for him to write at this point.

Unless the Chiefs provided him with the liquor they aren't going to be held responsible.

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I can almost guarantee a $10M check isn't easy for Andy Reid to write.

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I was wondering the same thing and hope that Reid was drinking there.  The pockets of the Chiefs and the NFL are deep and this 5 year old’s life is forever altered.  The family will have so many worries for so long.  Removing money as one of those worries isn’t enough, but it is probably all that can be done.

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

Unless the Chiefs provided him with the liquor they aren't going to be held responsible.

Why is that?  If it can be established that he boozed it up at their facility on a regular basis and they ignored it......a good lawyer can take that a long way.  They might be able to claim it was a one time thing which would clearly be BS, but they might get away with it.

Edited by 4merper4mer
15 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

yeah, you could be right. we will see. I do think though most personal injury lawyers with a slam dunk case know how to get these things done. It’s in their interest not to pursue it in court, which will just slow down how they get paid. And the math here isn’t going to be disputed Much— I think you get someone to put together basically a life care plan and estimate of lost earning capacity. If I had to guess, this is going to be like a $10M+.

the one issue might be whether Britt Reid doesn’t have the money and his dad or the chiefs won’t contribute to a settlement. 

If he was drinking at the Chiefs' facility, the Hunt family might have to contribute to the settlement. 

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I can almost guarantee a $10M check isn't easy for Andy Reid to write.

he's made close to 60 mil alone since he came to kc and signed an extension over 50 mil for the next 5 seasons and that doesnt count the eagles head coaching money. i have no idea how he's invested his money but i assume he invests his money and doesnt just throw it in the bank so he likely could write that check pretty easily or at worst take a loan out and pay it out over his next contract.