Andy Reid’s son admits drinking before accident that severely injured child [edited title]

C.Biscuit97

Has info come out as to whether he was drinking at the chiefs facility?  If he was the Chiefs will be liable, Reid might even have a trust fund from his father, and any and all insurance he has will be footing a bill.  Andy might not be liable for the accident but I woulld bet he would ensure the girl is taken care of for life.  I mean he makes 10 mil per year and has for a long time so sending 10-15 mil to the girls famiy is probably an easy check for him to write at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, aristocrat said:

Has info come out as to whether he was drinking at the chiefs facility?  If he was the Chiefs will be liable, Reid might even have a trust fund from his father, and any and all insurance he has will be footing a bill.  Andy might not be liable for the accident but I woulld bet he would ensure the girl is taken care of for life.  I mean he makes 10 mil per year and has for a long time so sending 10-15 mil to the girls famiy is probably an easy check for him to write at this point.

Unless the Chiefs provided him with the liquor they aren't going to be held responsible.

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I can almost guarantee a $10M check isn't easy for Andy Reid to write.

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I was wondering the same thing and hope that Reid was drinking there.  The pockets of the Chiefs and the NFL are deep and this 5 year old’s life is forever altered.  The family will have so many worries for so long.  Removing money as one of those worries isn’t enough, but it is probably all that can be done.

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

Unless the Chiefs provided him with the liquor they aren't going to be held responsible.

Why is that?  If it can be established that he boozed it up at their facility on a regular basis and they ignored it......a good lawyer can take that a long way.  They might be able to claim it was a one time thing which would clearly be BS, but they might get away with it.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

yeah, you could be right. we will see. I do think though most personal injury lawyers with a slam dunk case know how to get these things done. It’s in their interest not to pursue it in court, which will just slow down how they get paid. And the math here isn’t going to be disputed Much— I think you get someone to put together basically a life care plan and estimate of lost earning capacity. If I had to guess, this is going to be like a $10M+.

the one issue might be whether Britt Reid doesn’t have the money and his dad or the chiefs won’t contribute to a settlement. 

If he was drinking at the Chiefs' facility, the Hunt family might have to contribute to the settlement. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

he's made close to 60 mil alone since he came to kc and signed an extension over 50 mil for the next 5 seasons and that doesnt count the eagles head coaching money. i have no idea how he's invested his money but i assume he invests his money and doesnt just throw it in the bank so he likely could write that check pretty easily or at worst take a loan out and pay it out over his next contract. 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

How many truly wealthy people you acquainted with?  There are some truly good and generous wealthy folk, but some of them are also the worst skinflints you've ever met - the kind of people who would give cans of expired olives and relish brands they dislike to a food drive instead of money or making the effort to provide something helpful and nourishing.

They also, generous and skin-flint, want to be the ones to choose how they spend their money, not have expenditures wished on them.

I wouldn't bet on any such thing as Andy Reid voluntarily stepping up to write a big check.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How many truly wealthy people you acquainted with?  There are some truly good and generous wealthy folk, but some of them are also the worst skinflints you've ever met - the kind of people who would give cans of expired olives and relish brands they dislike to a food drive instead of money or making the effort to provide something helpful and nourishing.

They also, generous and skin-flint, want to be the ones to choose how they spend their money, not have expenditures wished on them.

I wouldn't bet on any such thing as Andy Reid voluntarily stepping up to write a big check.

I know plenty and they are some of the most generous people I know.  I get it, it's the cool thing to say to just hate on rich people and some can be absolute #######s for sure but that hasn't been the norm I experience and especially the ones who made their money themselves.  I do tend to see the good in people and I would imagine Reid as a father not being able to live with himself watching a family struggle to care for their child.  

I am also the guy who after my mom and bro conspired to steal almost 70k from me still bought them a house cause before my Dad died he told me to make sure they always had a roof over their head. ( they both ended up straigtening their ***** out) So I tend to be a guy who sees good in people when maybe I shouldn't who knows.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Lol.  Money is relative...not many rich people can easily write a check for 15 million.  I think we have to let the process play out.  

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I know plenty and they are some of the most generous people I know.  I get it, it's the cool thing to say to just hate on rich people and some can be absolute #######s for sure but that hasn't been the norm I experience and especially the ones who made their money themselves.  I do tend to see the good in people and I would imagine Reid as a father not being able to live with himself watching a family struggle to care for their child.  

I am also the guy who after my mom and bro conspired to steal almost 70k from me still bought them a house cause before my Dad died he told me to make sure they always had a roof over their head. ( they both ended up straigtening their ***** out) So I tend to be a guy who sees good in people when maybe I shouldn't who knows.  

It wasn't my intent to hate on rich people.  Just to point out that just because Reid is wealthy, I don't think it follows that he's gonna open his wallet for that family.

• Agree 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It wasn't my intent to hate on rich people.  Just to point out that just because Reid is wealthy, I don't think it follows that he's gonna open his wallet for that family.

well that's what your post implies with all the talk of they would rather give spoiled food to the poor than open their wallets.  Reid seems like a pretty genuine guy and also happens to make 10 mil plus per year for the past 5 years and the next 5 years plus decades more of coaching so unless he just blows his cash willy nilly at burger joints he could clear his conscience a bit and help the family out.   BTW can you imagine the optics if he didn't do anything?  

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So if you earn wealth it's a bad thing to "choose" how to spend it? 

I'm nowhere near wealthy, well off sure, but wealthy is a whole new level, but I dislike people telling me how to spend my money so I understand their sentiment. 

Just my .02

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

well that's what your post implies with all the talk of they would rather give spoiled food to the poor than open their wallets.  Reid seems like a pretty genuine guy and also happens to make 10 mil plus per year for the past 5 years and the next 5 years plus decades more of coaching so unless he just blows his cash willy nilly at burger joints he could clear his conscience a bit and help the family out.   BTW can you imagine the optics if he didn't do anything?  

What part of "There are some truly good and generous wealthy folk" says that to you?

4 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

So if you earn wealth it's a bad thing to "choose" how to spend it? 

I'm nowhere near wealthy, well off sure, but wealthy is a whole new level, but I dislike people telling me how to spend my money so I understand their sentiment. 

Just my .02

I don't disagree.  My point was that even if Reid is the sort of wealthy person who is good and generous, I still don't think it can be assumed he's gonna just open out his wallet and write a big check, because generous or skinflint, all the wealthy folk I know wish to make their own decisions as to how their money gets spent.

And just to be perfectly clear, I don't blame them at all for that.  It's their money.

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I think anyone who thinks the NFL is going to allow this to be a daily story over money is 🥜

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How will they stop it?  Do you feel the NFL will ante up?  Or ??

There’s going to be a settlement. It doesn’t matter who is “legally” responsible, the NFL, the Chiefs and the Reid family are going to avoid the court of public opinion. Nobody wins in this public relations fiasco. Someone is going to get paid whether it’s public or not. Just cut the check.