Andy Reid’s son admits drinking before accident that severely injured child [edited title]

C.Biscuit97

14 minutes ago, SDS said:

your post was though. 

I don't think so, SDS. Yeah, it may come of as crass but there is a reason for that. The NFL will whistle while walking by the graveyard when it comes to one of their own being responsible for assault on females or this incident here. They are great at pointing fingers until it comes to themselves and I know you are smart enough go realize that's exactly what I meant by my original post.

Did any pre-game show even mention this? By "this" I mean a Kansas City coach, who is the son of the HC, not being at the game because of a suspected DWI in which a 5 year old girl may die?

Of course it won't be big news. Not on the NFL's big day.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 5

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You REALLY don’t want to answer this question lol.  

The answer is obvious.  If you’re confused for some reason please explain the origin of your confusion.  It’s as if you’re asking why 2+2=4.  Do you know why 2+2=4?

3 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Ariel's injuries can be seen as she rests from her hospital bed following the crashGoFundMe

The one 5 year old kid is near death & a GoFundMe page has raised more than $123,000 for her since it was started Saturday.

This I'm really glad to hear.  I want the kid's mom to be able to divide her time between the hospital and taking care of her kid and not worry about finding a new reliable car if her car was totaled or paying the rent.

Then I hope they get a good lawyer and soak Britt Reid if he's found to have been drinking and/or driving recklessly (if he suffered a sudden catastrophic steering linkage failure, Never Mind).

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

It is a reasonable theory, but I am not at all familiar with the term "contacts."

I got nothin'.  I wouldn't have thought law enforcement lingo would differ across the country?  Or do different laws state to state give rise to different lingo?

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The answer is obvious.  If you’re confused for some reason please explain the origin of your confusion.  It’s as if you’re asking why 2+2=4.  Do you know why 2+2=4?

Then just answer the question if it’s obvious.

2+2 is not a subjective topic so its not a very good example.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Drunk drivers who severely injury and or kill innocent people are scum and should be shot by firing squad.  

1 minute ago, Mopreme said:

Drunk drivers who severely injury and or kill innocent people are scum and should be shot by firing squad.  

Edited by Mopreme

7 hours ago, Beast said:

Did any pre-game show even mention this? By "this" I mean a Kansas City coach, who is the son of the HC, not being at the game because of a suspected DWI in which a 5 year old girl may die?

I didn't watch any of the pre-game shows.

I heard the incident mentioned by one of the announcers near the end of the game.

• Like (+1) 2

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2021-andy-reid-addresses-sons-car-accident-says-my-heart-bleeds-for-everyone-involved/

"My heart goes out to all those that were involved in the accident, in particular the family with the little girl who is fighting for her life," Andy Reid said. "Just from a human standpoint, my heart bleeds for everyone involved in that.

"From a human standpoint, yeah, it's a tough one. From a football standpoint, I don't think that was the problem."

I will say, that inconsistent officiating is IMO a problem for the NFL

I did wonder if the NFL didn't want the Chiefs to win with this hanging over them, and sent some officiating guidance to the refs to call legit penalties on DH and PI

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Surgery surely was the reason. 

? Britt Reid had surgery?  (Edit: OK I see Andy Reid said in interviews that he had). 

I could be wrong but I didn't think arrests or charges were typically delayed for surgery.  I thought they charged suspects anyway and just arranged to release the patient into custody or even have a law officer in the hospital if considered needful.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Beast said:

I don't think so, SDS. Yeah, it may come of as crass but there is a reason for that. The NFL will whistle while walking by the graveyard when it comes to one of their own being responsible for assault on females or this incident here. They are great at pointing fingers until it comes to themselves and I know you are smart enough go realize that's exactly what I meant by my original post.

Nance snuck in a reference late

In the game saying the family is in CBS’ prayers. Cringeworthy. I agree with you -  — they did everything within bounds not to spoil the big day. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

? Britt Reid had surgery?  (Edit: OK I see Andy Reid said in interviews that he had). 

I could be wrong but I didn't think arrests or charges were typically delayed for surgery.  I thought they charged suspects anyway and just arranged to release the patient into custody or even have a law officer in the hospital if considered needful.

You might be exactly right, I just that would be the reason since he hadn't been. 

Don't you think he will be?

17 minutes ago, White Linen said:

You might be exactly right, I just that would be the reason since he hadn't been. 

Don't you think he will be?

Based on the facts presented in the news articles, at a minimum he should be charged with reckless driving and whatever else fits

If it turns out he was over the legal limit, he should be arrested and charged with DUI

Whether he will be?  Rich and powerful people and their family members have a way of skating.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Based on the facts presented in the news articles, at a minimum he should be charged with reckless driving and whatever else fits

If it turns out he was over the legal limit, he should be arrested and charged with DUI

Whether he will be?  Rich and powerful people and their family members have a way of skating.

A well off family near us in FL got their kid out of his first two DUI’s using expensive lawyers. In his third DUI he killed an off duty cop. That gets you a VERY long sentence. 

If I’m having more than one glass of wine out at dinner (remember that?), either the wife drives or we would Uber. But I can’t judge here either. We got our son out of trouble more than once. He never hurt anyone, but the .082 was expensive.  Life is complicated....... 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't you think that it might depend on what kind of surgery we are talking about?

Edited by Bill from NYC

10 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Don't you think that it might depend on what kind of surgery we are talking about?

I have no opinion on the matter.  Judging from what I saw in the ER in Boston the police were sometimes wanting to charge or arrest a guy if the pieces were all in the same room and a pesky thing like stat CT scan or trauma surgery wouldn't hold them back, but that was decades ago and it may have had some nuance about what the alleged crime was or consideration of 'flight risk' that I was unaware of.  I defer to your expert information.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have no opinion on the matter.  Judging from what I saw in the ER in Boston the police were sometimes wanting to charge or arrest a guy if the pieces were all in the same room and a pesky thing like stat CT scan or trauma surgery wouldn't hold them back, but that was decades ago.  I defer to your expert information.

No HBF, I too am out of the loop for some time. I am just thinking that if a person was getting certain major surgeries, the procedure wouldn't be postponed to process an arrest that can wait.