Andy Reid’s son admits drinking before accident that severely injured child [edited title]

C.Biscuit97

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Since the injuries are described as life threatening, depending upon specifics it could be a week or weeks before we know if he's out of danger and months before we know what the permanent impairment will be.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/family-creates-gofundme-campaign-for-child-injured-in-crash-involving-chiefs-britt-reid

34 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Geesh, head trauma and a subdural bleed.  Not good.

I'm all for helping these people but the people who should be donating Big Time are Britt Reid and the KC Chiefs organization

Anyone know how to contact them?  They don't have to put their names on it but there should be a couple of anonymous $20k donations just to make sure this family isn't having to choose between being at their child's bedside or making the rent.

OK, I just went tohttps://www.chiefs.com/stadium/fanexperience, clicked "Have a Representative Contact You" and asked why there aren't major donations from Coach Reid and Coach Britt Reid and other Chiefs to the GoFundMe of the precious little girl who was left critically injured with brain swelling when Coach Britt Reid drove into her car, because that family should not be left hanging while things get sorted.

If anyone has a better idea I'll do that too.

The Gofundme is in the above link from Roy Hobbs

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm all for helping these people but the people who should be donating Big Time are Britt Reid and the KC Chiefs organization

Anyone know how to contact them?  They don't have to put their names on it but there should be a couple of anonymous $20k donations just to make sure this family isn't having to choose between being at their child's bedside or making the rent.

OK, I just went tohttps://www.chiefs.com/stadium/fanexperience, clicked "Have a Representative Contact You" and asked why there aren't major donations from Coach Reid and Coach Britt Reid and other Chiefs to the GoFundMe of the precious little girl who was left critically injured with brain swelling when Coach Britt Reid drove into her car, because that family should not be left hanging while things get sorted.

Reid will be paying that family a lot of money one way or the other. 

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

It could... Especially because Andy Reid had nothing to do with what happened, yet he will get criticism from many because it was his "kid." 

Yeah the way kids are raised has nothing to do with how they turn out or what kind of adults they become. Britt just raised himself from birth. Gimme a break. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

Is there any proof of this statement?  I looked and did not find anything other than that he applied for custody.  I'm not saying it isn't true, but I would think it would be easier to find if it was true.

A lot of this sounds similar to when we had to listen to the Patriots*** fans explain how the cheating was just a misunderstanding.  One of my favorites was that Brady called the equipment guy "the deflator" because he lost a lot of weight recently.

Well...you are certainly right that google search doens't help....  I have heard local radio guys in KC say it several times....like many details of that story...not alot was said about the conlcusion of the whole thing once all the initial reports came out.  I'll look at this more when I have time and see if I can find something defintive that backs up what I am saying here.

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I've been on twitter demanding the same thing....The Chiefs...the Rieds...do it through surrogates if need be for legal reasons...whatever....no reason this shouldn't be handled.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, krf139 said:

This is nothing. Look at what Tyreek Hill did and nobody in KC seems to care 

Did he seriously injure a child where they are going to very much suffer the rest of their life minimum, be on life support and/or could die?

This is nothing?

You SERIOUSLY need to reevaluate your soul.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Well...you are certainly right that google search doens't help....  I have heard local radio guys in KC say it several times....like many details of that story...not alot was said about the conlcusion of the whole thing once all the initial reports came out.  I'll look at this more when I have time and see if I can find something defintive that backs up what I am saying here.

If your local radio guys are anything like ours, I wouldn’t trust that they have their facts straight. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Very true, but in the meantime they probably need help NOW.  This is so sad. People who run out of gas are rarely traveling in lofty socio-economic circles. As @Hapless Bills Fan said, they probably have immediate needs, like rent. 

Money will never make this alright, but I hope they can get by while their kids fully recover. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

From what I know about addiction, if you’re a recovering drug addict, it isn’t recommended that you drink at all.  
Addicts  with often replace their addiction to drugs with alcohol or prescription meds etc.  Most aren’t able to casually drink a beer or two without it turning into something more.  So we’re people close to him cool that he was drinking?  Or did he hide it?

Also if he had a prescription to Aderall as he said - why would his doctor prescribe a drug used for recreational purposes to someone with a past of substance abuse?

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

From what I know about addiction, if you’re a recovering drug addict, it isn’t recommended that you drink at all.  
Addicts  with often replace their addiction to drugs with alcohol or prescription meds etc.  Most aren’t able to casually drink a beer or two without it turning into something more.  So we’re people close to him cool that he was drinking?  Or did he hide it?

Also if he had a prescription to Aderall as he said - why would his doctor prescribe a drug used for recreational purposes to someone with a past of substance abuse?

I believe Britt Reid was diagnosed with ADHD and Adderall is used to treat it. 

38 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Because there are a lot of soulless doctors who will do anything for the right price.

On 2/5/2021 at 7:45 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Prayers for the five year old and family.  Without commenting specifically on Reid, I’ll just share my opinion that driving after having even one adult beverage is astoundingly selfish.

You're entitled to your opinion, but not everyone who goes out to dinner and has a drink is a menace to society. All things in moderation. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The problem is if she’s a typical single working mom of three, how is she gonna pay the hospital bills which can be thousands even with decent insurance, and her rent if her job doesn’t give her paid time off to sit with her critically injured kid in the hospital.  

It took us more than a year to get our insurance settlement after an inattentive driver ran a red light, smashed my daughters car right where I was sitting, and sent me to the neuro unit with a subdural bleed.

We have savings and we had another car plus we own our house.  

Most working single parents not in that situation

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I've been on twitter demanding the same thing....The Chiefs...the Rieds...do it through surrogates if need be for legal reasons...whatever....no reason this shouldn't be handled.

Right, anonymous donations if need be but don’t let the girl & family have to worry about bill collectors or evictions or lack for care insurance doesn’t cover while things get sorted

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The problem is if she’s a typical single working mom of three, how is she gonna pay the hospital bills which can be thousands even with decent insurance, and her rent if her job doesn’t give her paid time off to sit with her critically injured kid in the hospital.  

It took us more than a year to get our insurance settlement after an inattentive driver ran a red light, smashed my daughters car right where I was sitting, and sent me to the neuro unit with a subdural bleed.

We have savings and we had another car plus we own our house.  

Most working single parents not in that situation

Agree completely. My hope for her is that the hospital in this situation will just file a bunch of liens for the expenses that will be collected as part of her recovery again Reid. 

I could be wrong, but Reid is probably worried about criminal charges and a huge civil lawsuit— so seems likely he will be laying low.