Andy Reid’s son admits drinking before accident that severely injured child [edited title]

C.Biscuit97

10 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Reid lost one son to overdose when in Philadelphia 

Yes, and some people blamed Reid for being obsessed with his job rather than his family (even though that son also worked for the team).  My word of advice to those people is do not judge from 30,000 feet. Nobody has any idea what was going on inside those relationships. To make the leap to judging is an error. 

This is tragic in so many ways......

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I forget. What are the other reasons?

Besides Tyreek Hill? And we all have our own reasons I guess. But I'm not too happy with them from the AFC chip game a couple weeks ago. They will most likely be the Bills main rival for the next 5 years or more too. Im jumping on the hate bandwagon early I guess. But yeah I can't stand them.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Like (+1) 2

I don't think dragging every KC player in this conversation is worth while. 

Focusing on what's going on now is simply this isn't a first offense, the NFL had red lights and sirens in front of them. They suspended a linebacker for insider trading on the stock market one time 🤣.

Somehow this guy has a job. How? Find that out and fix it.

• Agree 4

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

I feel very badly for everyone involved here. This is truly tragic, especially when a child is involved. There are no winners here, only losers.....some more than others. 

Well, fair to feel bad for all here, I guess, but why so much for Britt Reid?

What he did was negligent, criminal, with a long history with driving while impaired.  Not deserving of any kind of compassion.

A shame that such a good coach like Reid was such a poor father when it came to raising his sons. One son, Barrett, dead because of substance abuse, and now Britt recklessly living his life without regard for the lives of others or himself. Seems like they were rich privileged kids raised without proper guidance or guardrails.

You'd think a man seemingly capable of being a great leader of men would be able to lead his own kids to a stable, happy adulthood. 

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Focusing on what's going on now is simply this isn't a first offense, the NFL had red lights and sirens in front of them. They suspended a linebacker for insider trading on the stock market one time 🤣.

Someone asked for reasons to dislike the Chiefs.

And Britt Reid has a job, much like the aforementioned players, because Andy Reid hired him.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

What he did was negligent, criminal, with a long history with driving while impaired.  Not deserving of any kind of compassion.

A shame that such a good coach like Reid was such a poor father when it came to raising his sons. One son, Barrett, dead because of substance abuse, and now Britt recklessly living his life without regard for the lives of others or himself. Seems like they were rich privileged kids raised without proper guidance or guardrails.

You'd think a man seemingly capable of being a great leader of men would be able to lead his own kids to a stable, happy adulthood. 

What a sad state of affairs.

12 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Exactly, I realize you can’t predict life. Anything can happen with people from all walks of life, but the NFL could have prevented this black eye on Super Bowl weekend. I’m not saying that people without questionable pasts never find trouble, or those with pasts always find trouble again, but we aren’t talking about this sad story today if the league had standards. 

Edited by SirAndrew

Reid's sons both with history of being out of control.  

Hard to imagine after the disaster of his older son, that his other son would still be with the team despite all the previous significant issues, again, with substance abuse.  

wtf?

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

“Ignorance” has such a negative connotation that I hate to use the word here. It just means a lack of knowledge or awareness. I’m seeing a lot of that here. 

Of course the victims get the bulk of my sympathy. It’s a HORRIBLE tragedy. I also feel for the Reid family. They have already suffered so much. If you know anything about addiction, it muddies these waters. To call Andy Reid “such a poor father” actually makes me feel sorry for you. How many times have you met Andy Reid? How well do you know him and his family? Who are you to judge? Sometimes things go off the rails no matter how hard you try to fix it. Kids from ALL socio-economic backgrounds run into trouble. That’s a fact. 

Sometimes in life $%#& happens. I won’t judge you, you just don’t know.  I just ask that you judge less yourself. That, of course, is totally up to you in the end. We just don’t know what we don’t know. 

We lost a son to addiction, as others here have. You have NO IDEA what we went thru and how hard we tried.  Don’t be too proud if the dice rolled right for you. Our other son has an outstanding future ahead. Same genes, same values, just a different outcome. Life happens.......

As we heard from a great kid/patient at family weekend in rehab, parents take way too much credit and get way too much blame for how their kids turn out. Parents would come congratulate me after our kids sporting events. I’d say “I did nothing, but he played a great game! Just don’t tell him because he doesn’t need a big head!”   :)

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

“Ignorance” has such a negative connotation that I hate to use the word here. It just means a lack of knowledge or awareness. I’m seeing a lot of that here. 

Of course the victims get the bulk of my sympathy. It’s a HORRIBLE tragedy. I also feel for the Reid family. They have already suffered so much. If you know anything about addiction, it muddies these waters. To call Andy Reid “such a poor father” actually makes me feel sorry for you. How many times have you met Andy Reid? How well do you know him and his family? Who are you to judge? Sometimes things go off the rails no matter how hard you try to fix it. Kids from ALL socio-economic backgrounds run into trouble. That’s a fact. 

Sometimes in life $%#& happens. I won’t judge you, you just don’t know.  I just ask that you judge less yourself. That of course, it totally up to you in the end. We just don’t know what we don’t know. 

I won't judge Andy Reid but I think judging his son is fair game. You almost kill a kid on your SECOND DUI, I feel ok passing judgement.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I won't judge Andy Reid but I think judging his son is fair game. You almost kill a kid on your SECOND DUI, I feel ok passing judgement.

He will, and should, face everything coming his way. ZERO problem with that. How he got there is still sad. I’m not judging, just saying he gets what the law calls for. You can hate him for it, I feel bad when any life gets wasted. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

These are the type of things that make it so hard to root for the NFL. If Buffalo didn’t have a team, I couldn’t do it. It seems like women and children are constant collateral damage to the lifestyle of NFL players and coaches. Maybe the NFL should be like a normal employer, and not allow hires with extensive criminal backgrounds on a coaching staff. 

How does the NFL allow this. Reid's son had an extensive background. Sounds like Andy needed to spend a little less time coaching and more time being a father.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

He will, and should, face everything coming his way. ZERO problem with that. How he got there is still sad. I’m not judging, just saying he gets what the law calls for. You can hate him for it, I feel bad when any life gets wasted. 

For sure I agree...I guess my point is if that kid ends up dying I will feel eminently more badly about how that life was wasted, as opposed to how bad I feel about Britt Reid's life being wasted.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1