Tyreek Hill impressed by Justin Zimmer

YoloinOhio

39 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The real question is, will he be wearing an appropriate number next year if he makes the team?

With Harry coming on down the stretch (after his benching) and hopefully getting back to pre-ACL level, Eddie playing well, and Zimmer showing some stuff, our interior has some exciting things to look forward to!

He does have a trash # for a DT

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He does have a trash # for a DT

Yep. AT first I was like "meh, it's unique" but now it just grosses me out. Pretty much for DL it needs to be:

71, 75, 78, 90-99

That's pretty much it and those 70 numbers take a special player to pull it off. 

1 hour ago, artmalibu said:

Created by football writer Kent Lee Platte, RAS attempts to illustrate how an NFL prospect's measurables compare historically with those in his position group. On a 1-to-10 scale, a grade of 5 indicates a prospect with "average" athleticism and a grade of 10 indicates the most athletic prospect at the position. Zimmer's RAS score ranks ahead of every defensive tackle prospect from the past 10 years, including current NFL stars Ndamukong Suh, Aaron Donald and Gerald McCoy:

Past prospects in 10 years so they did not include Kyle.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:11 AM, Big Turk said:

Just watched the play again...Zimmer came pretty close to catching him until he really accelerated...that was pretty impressive for a 300+ lb guy to do that, but the play with him running downfield on Johnson's pick 6 against the Ravens was pretty impressive too...

Yeah, I've been impressed by Justin Zimmer. 

Charlie Hustle!

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Charlie Hustle!

I think he has played  pretty well down the stretch 

I was looking at his Spotrac page the other day.. Firstly I was surprised to see he will be nearly 29 when the next season rolls around... shows that he has spent some time bouncing around practice squads...

He is signed next year for what I assume is League minimum -$920k...

Given he hasn’t made a lot of money over his career... hope he can continue to play well in 2021 and sign another 2-3 deal with the Bills for some bigger money..

On 2/5/2021 at 11:10 AM, DaggersEOD said:

Looks like the guy bounced around the league but made the most out of his limited time on the field.

I wonder what's held this guy back for so long? His measurables are obviously elite for his position and he plays hard every snap.

Does he have off the field issues? Does he have a hard time grasping Defensive schemes? Is he too small and usually gets pushed back?

This is an honest question.  When he made the play vs. the Pats*, it hit me as a lucky play by a fringe player, but he continued to make plays and TBH was one of the more visible players on our D somehow.

Why hasn't he been given more opportunities prior to now?

wasnt a high draft pick 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Charlie Hustle!

If he got that name from that play then it actually fits.

Zimmer had no chance in hell of actually catching Hill.......it's just in his nature to not give up.

Pete Rose didn't get that nickname because he dove into bases head first..........he got it in spring training from the Yankees laughing at him on the bench after Rose leapt up over the fence to attempt to catch a 450' Mickey Mantle home run that was "100 feet over his head".:lol:

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If he got that name from that play then it actually fits.

Zimmer had no chance in hell of actually catching Hill.......it's just in his nature to not give up.

Pete Rose didn't get that nickname because he dove into bases head first..........he got it in spring training from the Yankees laughing at him on the bench after Rose leapt up over the fence to attempt to catch a 450' Mickey Mantle home run that was "100 feet over his head".:lol:

It wasn't because he was into gambling?