Rising Tide Lifts All Boats - Schefter sez Jets could get 1st round pick for Darnold

tyrod got us a third a couple years back, and qb value has only gone up since then.

rosen, who just sucks, got a 2nd.  i know darnold has had more time to look bad than rosen did in zona, but i think if darnold goes for a 2nd the team getting him got him cheap.  a late first or a second and a player, (or a second and like a 4th) seems like the floor the jets could get for darnold.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/4/2021 at 11:25 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Rosen fetched a 2nd because there was a widespread perception he'd come into a bad situation and because of the coaching change.

Jimmy G looked terrific in those 4 games.  But sure, part of what people were trading for was promise and potential.

The problem with Sam Darnold is he's started 38 games now, played under two HC/OCs, and looks to be getting worse not better. He's been devalued by greater exposure causing perception of lower potential.

True.

But can any of those guys say Adam Gase was my coach for 2 years? No? Then Darnold may as well be an undiscovered mystery born yesterday, all the potential (or not) in the world.

I'd sooner forgive 2 seasons of Gase over any of the other transgressions lol

The Jets are where QB's go to have their potential murdered. Until they escape that hellhole, nobody will ever know their true talent.

• Agree 5

On 2/16/2021 at 10:29 AM, Doc said:

The only assumption was saying I believe that Donald does want to improve. I don’t know what’s going on in his mind but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. As for the rest, after seeing him in college and his first three years in the NFL, those are my observations.

I am sure DONALD wants to improve.

220px-Donald_Duck_angry_transparent_back

Regarding DARNOLD unlike Allen his issue is not internal but extremal and that is harder to improve on. His offseason tutor can improve his mechanics but hard to help him anticipate pass rushes and not see ghosts.  In order to get better he is need to go to an offense like Tannehill which forces defenses to account for RB to get not see the ghosts breaking down his form early.

Oh and this

https://www.nj.com/jets/2021/02/nfl-rumors-jets-might-want-to-keep-sam-darnold-and-build-around-him-ex-gm-and-nj-native-says.html

On 2/16/2021 at 2:00 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t know how good Darnold is but he and Rosen were both places in good awful situations. More qbs are ruined than made.  Not sure I’d give a 1st but if I was Pittsburgh, I’d throw a 2nd

Maybe Jets could get that. imo I don't think so. Maybe a 3rd, but I don't think he's showed enough to warrant a 2nd round pick, especially not a 1st. Even though a team like Steelers would have a good chance at helping him improve.

Still don't think a team goes no more than a 3rd for him. Just hasn't done much imo.

37 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I am sure DONALD wants to improve.

220px-Donald_Duck_angry_transparent_back

Regarding DARNOLD unlike Allen his issue is not internal but extremal and that is harder to improve on. His offseason tutor can improve his mechanics but hard to help him anticipate pass rushes and not see ghosts.  In order to get better he is need to go to an offense like Tannehill which forces defenses to account for RB to get not see the ghosts breaking down his form early.

Oh and this

https://www.nj.com/jets/2021/02/nfl-rumors-jets-might-want-to-keep-sam-darnold-and-build-around-him-ex-gm-and-nj-native-says.html

Donald, Darnold.  If it plays QB like a duck...

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Actually Allen plays QB more like a duck - defenders are dodged like water off a duck's back. 

I like this....Allen plays QB like a duck....he sheds defenders like water....(and just when you think you've got him, he takes off and flies downfield)

4 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Maybe Jets could get that. imo I don't think so. Maybe a 3rd, but I don't think he's showed enough to warrant a 2nd round pick, especially not a 1st. Even though a team like Steelers would have a good chance at helping him improve.

Still don't think a team goes no more than a 3rd for him. Just hasn't done much imo.

After today's deal for Wentz I'm inclined to disbelieve Schefter that the Jets can swing a 1st for Darnold. 

I think the QB Tulip Mania has run its course.

The Steelers, at least last season, lacked a key ingredient I think Darnold needs which is a strong run game

Remember the 1st round pick narrative by the media? 

Yeah we knew that was pretty farfetched. 

Now its speculated that it will be a 2nd...

https://sny.tv/articles/sources-explain-how-carson-wentz-deal-affects-sam-darnold-trade-value

Sam Darnold could be available for a team's second round pick

The Jets are widely expected to use the No. 2 pick in the NFL Draft on Justin Fields or Zach Wilson, making Darnold expendable after Adam Gase nearly destroyed his career. League sources told SportsNet New York's Ralph Vacchiano that the Eagles trading Carson Wentz to the Colts for a third rounder and a conditional second rounder wouldn't change the Jets' asking price for Darnold. Vacchiano reports the Jets' asking price for their QB "has long been projected to be a second-round pick, plus maybe another mid-to-late rounder." Incredibly just 23 years old, Darnold could be an enticing target for a QB-needy team like Washington, who is reportedly interested in dealing for Darnold. It would be stunning if a team -- Washington or otherwise -- offered anything more than a second round pick for Darnold. 

Edited by DJB