P Corey Bojorquez  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Re-sign or Wave Good-bye?

2. 2. If re-sign, at which tender?

• 1st round - $4.7666 mill
    • 2nd round - $3.384 mill
    • “Right of first refusal” - $2.133 mill

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

He was a brief post-draft legend but quickly forgotten.  Did he even play this past season?  If he didn't get drafted in 2020, he has no shot in 2021.

He did play, 1st team all pac 12. #1 in country in yards per punt at 49.5

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 3:46 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

This is an original round tender situation. That second round tender would make this guy the 3rd highest paid punter in the league, right above Tress Way. That doesn’t work. Having the right of first refusal is smart, because I don’t think other teams are going to be smashing down the door for any punter. I’ve been a Bojo hater, obviously I’ve been wrong and he has developed nicely, but he should’t be paid elite punter money. 

Maybe this year we draft Micheal Turk late, he’s already a legend here. 

I think he deserves to be the third highest punter in the league, the problem is that we don't use him enough. Still though, it's really not breaking the bank either way, and last thing this team needs to scramble to find a punter. We have a good thing going, not to mention as a place holder, he's done a great job for Bass.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not dissatisfied with the Bills move signing Haack as our punter.  Careerwise, he's got an average that's 0.3 yds/punt less than Bojo.  He's been more consistent year to year.  He also pins the other team inside the 20 more often vs. punting touchbacks.

I still see Bojo as a "statistically, the other team's starting position is bad" kind of guy who booms them but also squibs them - inconsistent.  Then there's the "flake factor" - "Laces Out, Bojo!" and the fake punt that wasn't, or whatever that was.

But, it is surprising to me that Bojorquez is still unsigned as a FA.  He did lead the league in yds/punt this past year.

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not dissatisfied with the Bills move signing Haack as our punter.  Careerwise, he's got an average that's 0.3 yds/punt less than Bojo.  He's been more consistent year to year.  He also pins the other team inside the 20 more often vs. punting touchbacks.

I still see Bojo as a "statistically, the other team's starting position is bad" kind of guy who booms them but also squibs them - inconsistent.  Then there's the "flake factor" - "Laces Out, Bojo!" and the fake punt that wasn't, or whatever that was.

But, it is surprising to me that Bojorquez is still unsigned as a FA.  He did lead the league in yds/punt this past year.

Appears to me he's way overplayed his value to teams.  Not only have the Bills let him go, but no other teams appear to be knocking down the doors after him.  Sounded a little bit like the Bills wanted him to sign a longer term contract, but maybe he only wanted one year in hopes of cashing in big next year when cap goes up?

Do wonder if part of the reason the Bills weren't completely sold on him was the issues with holding and how many times laces were in wrong direction.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Appears to me he's way overplayed his value to teams.  Not only have the Bills let him go, but no other teams appear to be knocking down the doors after him.  Sounded a little bit like the Bills wanted him to sign a longer term contract, but maybe he only wanted one year in hopes of cashing in big next year when cap goes up?

Do wonder if part of the reason the Bills weren't completely sold on him was the issues with holding and how many times laces were in wrong direction.

I remember Rian Lindell saying this about kickers and the same holds true about punters. There are only 32 spots in the league. So most guys aren’t rolling the dice and bouncing from team to team if they don’t have to. There’s a lot more risk in testing the market, and Bojo is probably finding this out the hard way. 

• Like (+1) 1