YoloinOhio

P Corey Bojorquez  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Re-sign or Wave Good-bye?

2. 2. If re-sign, at which tender?

• 1st round - $4.7666 mill
    • 2nd round - $3.384 mill
    • “Right of first refusal” - $2.133 mill

I'd be willing to keep him on a 3 - 4 year deal.  I'd prefer signing him instead of tendering a one year offer.  I would rather lock him up for a few years and spread out the cap hit.  Bass is still cheap.  So spending some money on the punter is fine.  

I'd favor spending on Bojo and letting Roberts walk.  At some point these threads have to be about who you let go to make room for keeping guys.  I like Roberts but any UDFA can do what he does.  They will not be able to afford Roberts as a 6th WR next year.  

He had one of the best net punt avg. this year.  In 19, he caught a ton of flack for the botched punt against the Pats.  It really wasn’t his fault.  Our ST coach, Farwell wasn’t adjusting to block when the opposition would rush 9 or 10.  We got away with only 8 blocking against the Jets and Giants, but Belichick picked up on it.  He rushed 10 and between that and Reid gave a bad snap to Bojo, that s why we lost that game.  The only reason I knew it is one of the Boston Globe guys wrote an article on it after that game.

I really don’t think he’s going to attract $4-5 mil. in compensation,  but for $2.5 mil. It makes sense.  Beane has made good decisions with Bass and Bojo.  By mid season Bass was making kicks beyond the 50, and Bojo was punting 50.8 yards, 1st in the NFL in 2020.

Edited by machine gun kelly

He has improved because his consistency has improved. The Bills have now invested 3 seasons in him and he has moved to the top quadrant of NFL punters. They have been patient with him, so time to reap the ROI. Sign him to 3-4 year deal.

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just looked it up. Cory Carter. He was competing with Bojo in camp. 2019 Battle of the Corys 

That's right.  Seemed to have promise but then tore his ACL and lost to Bojo.

This is an original round tender situation. That second round tender would make this guy the 3rd highest paid punter in the league, right above Tress Way. That doesn’t work. Having the right of first refusal is smart, because I don’t think other teams are going to be smashing down the door for any punter. I’ve been a Bojo hater, obviously I’ve been wrong and he has developed nicely, but he should’t be paid elite punter money. 

Maybe this year we draft Micheal Turk late, he’s already a legend here. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

8 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is an original round tender situation. That second round tender would make this guy the 3rd highest paid punter in the league, right above Tress Way. That doesn’t work. Having the right of first refusal is smart, because I don’t think other teams are going to be smashing down the door for any punter. I’ve been a Bojo hater, obviously I’ve been wrong and he has developed nicely, but he should’t be paid elite punter money. 

Maybe this year we draft Micheal Turk late, he’s already a legend here. 

He was a brief post-draft legend but quickly forgotten.  Did he even play this past season?  If he didn't get drafted in 2020, he has no shot in 2021.