YoloinOhio

P Corey Bojorquez  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Re-sign or Wave Good-bye?

2. 2. If re-sign, at which tender?

• 1st round - $4.7666 mill
    • 2nd round - $3.384 mill
    • “Right of first refusal” - $2.133 mill

Bojo is a RFA in 2021. He is 24, a former UDFA signed off of the Patriots PS. Led NFL in 2020 regular season in punting yard average at 50.8. Bojo punted from the opposite side of the field only 3 times this past regular season. He punted only 49 times total. 

Projected tenders are based on future salary cap estimations and are subject to change when a future salary cap is made official.

https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders/

Edited by YoloinOhio

Always been a fan of the kid.  Resign for sure. 

would love to get the right of first refusal but could that lead to someone swooping him?  I think he’s worth the extra mill....but do we have to spend it?  Interesting choice.

I think it depends on the cap #. If it’s 175-180, right of first refusal.  If it’s 180+ 2nd rd tender 

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Hes an RFA right?  No brainer....

The question is....what tender

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I definitely think an effort should be made to re-sign him, the question is whether or not he's even worth the minimum tender though.  That would put him in the top 1/3 of punters salary-wise.  If we were flush w/ cap space, then yes.  I don't think he's worth the higher tenders (though if someone wants to surrender the pick, then thank you very much), but I don't think his market value is much less than that & I wouldn't want to lose him over a few hundred K.  Then again, perhaps a better solution for both parties would be a multi-year deal.

• Like (+1) 3

I think they make him the lowest tender.  That said, I am not sure anyone can say they are sold on him.  He has eliminated some of the very bad mistakes (dropped snaps, bad holds, blocks, frequent shanks). But he is still not great at the finesse stuff--pinning teams inside the 10. 

I expect they will bring in some legit camp competition.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We need to keep Bojorquez.

Use the 2nd round tender, because it would suck if another team comes along and signs him and we get nothing in return, although I'm confident the Bills would match an offer for him.

He played a lot better than he did in the previous season. We could have something special with this guy.

Just give him more practice time as a Holder.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Always been a fan of the kid.  Resign for sure. 

would love to get the right of first refusal but could that lead to someone swooping him?  I think he’s worth the extra mill....but do we have to spend it?  Interesting choice.

I think it depends on the cap #. If it’s 175-180, right of first refusal.  If it’s 180+ 2nd rd tender 

The question is....what tender

Got ya, I dont know the market well for punters.   I would think RoFR with the fact everyone has to deal with reduced cap.   Most teams have their own cap issues to work around.  There is always a risk.  If the 2nd round tender is cheap for a punter I guess I would do that.   But the cap will mean some tough decisions if its 175.  

I was upset that Beane didn't draft a punter last year. Now I'm really glad he didn't. And I have more proof that Beane and his crew are rock stars.

Bojo's the perfect punter for the Bills. When he's got 70 yards or so to work with, he crushes it 60-65, pinning the other side deep. And when he punts from around mid-field, he crushes it 60-65 for a touchback. However, because of the latter, McD is more likely to go for it on 4th and short around midfield. PERFECT!!!

So we need to keep him, if at all possible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think they make him the lowest tender.  That said, I am not sure anyone can say they are sold on him.  He has eliminated some of the very bad mistakes (dropped snaps, bad holds, blocks, frequent shanks). But he is still not great at the finesse stuff--pinning teams inside the 10. 

I expect they will bring in some legit camp competition.  

The punt that went out inside the 1 gives me hope!

I think we retain him and go with the 2nd round tender.  We don't want to get into a bidding war over a punter.  I doubt most teams would be willing to give up a 2nd rounder for a punter though.  This kid has developed into one of the best punters in the game and field position is huge.  Credit the organization for recognizing his talent and sticking with him as he developed, despite the many calls (on this board - can you believe it?) to move on from him.  Their patience is paying dividends.  This is a good example of trusting the process.  Same goes for Bass, who was shaky at the beginning of the year, but they stuck with him.  I can live with his missed PAT in the AFCCG given that he nailed 2 51 yard FGs in the same game.

• Like (+1) 2

I’ve always liked him, he was just super inconsistent. This year was his best but also the least usage. 
I guess if we’re gonna be a high powered offense I don’t totally care since we shouldn’t be punting much. 
Im ok with whatever happens here. If he’s back he’s back if not 40 punts shouldn’t be crazy hard to replace 

58 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

I definitely think an effort should be made to re-sign him, the question is whether or not he's even worth the minimum tender though.  That would put him in the top 1/3 of punters salary-wise.  If we were flush w/ cap space, then yes.  I don't think he's worth the higher tenders (though if someone wants to surrender the pick, then thank you very much), but I don't think his market value is much less than that & I wouldn't want to lose him over a few hundred K.  Then again, perhaps a better solution for both parties would be a multi-year deal.

This is an option I thought is available and used often.  I'm under the assumption that the "tender" offers are to guarantee a team

keeps itself in the negotiations IF the player has offers from other teams.

The tender offer salaries are a 1 year contract deal but I thought a team could negotiate a multi year deal that does not have to

have that minimum salary in it.

I guess what I'm asking is couldn't the Bills designate Bojo as a "first right" tender at ($2.1M for 1 year) but end up signing him

to lets say a 3 year $5 Million ($1.67M per year) contract?

Does anyone know this for sure?