Bills fans being mad because the KC game was chippy is Ridiculous!

JerseyBills

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

I understand that perspective, but I don’t think KC losing the Super Bowl would make me feel better about the loss, although I can see how some people would see it that way. What I find confusing is rooting against KC because the way acted during the game. I’m good with not rooting for either team, but if you’re mad at KC for being classless, how do you root for the team with Gronk ? The same Gronk who jumped on Tre White’s neck in a far more egregious play than anything KC did.

Everyone is different.  Many NFL players don’t want to see that beat them with the championship.  Like I said, it’s common.  To your point, I highly doubt the reason fans won’t support KC is because they felt they were dirty.  They just don’t want to see them win - I don’t either!

And your point about Gronk - want that like 4 years ago?   Who cares?  If Bills players can forgive Gronk for something stupid then why shouldn’t fans?

The way I see it, some fans see a KC win as the lesser of two evils due to their hate of New England.   They can stand the fact that Bills fans want to cheer for Tom Brady.  

Personally, I could care less.  I’m hoping Brady wins his 7th ring

The Chiefs played a far more aggressive style of football that day. I believe it was intentional, but that doesn’t guarantee you a win, and in fact it can backfire on you if you get too caught up in it. In the end, they were the better team that day. Is ANYONE debating that? 

I’ll be rooting for the chiefs because I believe they’ll cover -3.5

Just  worried that the Bucs will be smart and employ a good amount of 2 TE sets and force the chiefs out of their comfort zone, 2-3 LB sets

Just now, NewEra said:

I’ll be rooting for the chiefs because I believe they’ll cover -3.5

Just  worried that the Bucs will be smart and employ a good amount of 2 TE sets and force the chiefs out of their comfort zone, 2-3 LB sets

Something I wish the Bills were able to do. Anywho, hopefully that's one of the issues that gets resolved.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Chiefs played a far more aggressive style of football that day. I believe it was intentional, but that doesn’t guarantee you a win, and in fact it can backfire on you if you get too caught up in it. In the end, they were the better team that day. Is ANYONE debating that? 

Not at all. KC wins that game 8/10 times easy. Do I think KC got by with more than Buffalo? Yeah I do. Wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game though. 

Bucs-Packers was the hose job with the PI to end the game. They let both teams club each other all game then changed course on an uncatchable ball to end it. Packers have a gripe.

Buffalo wasn't good enough on that day regardless of how the refs called it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Not at all. KC wins that game 8/10 times easy. Do I think KC got by with more than Buffalo? Yeah I do. Wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game though. 

Bucs-Packers was the hose job with the PI to end the game. They let both teams club each other all game then changed course on an uncatchable ball to end it. Packers have a gripe.

Buffalo wasn't good enough on that day regardless of how the refs called it.

That’s where we differ. The refs called the penalty against the guy for body slamming Diggs but the other chippy stuff is part of football. As I said, the aggressive style can also backfire on a team if they get too caught up in it and fail to make actual plays. But in the case of the Chiefs they were able to make more plays AND do the chippy stuff in between plays...which is pretty incredible really. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s where we differ. The refs called the penalty against the guy for body slamming Diggs but the other chippy stuff is part of football. As I said, the aggressive style can also backfire on a team if they get too caught up in it and fail to make actual plays. But in the case of the Chiefs they were able to make more plays AND do the chippy stuff in between plays...which is pretty incredible really. 

I get it, I like physicality as well. When they are jumping on our OL after the play, hitting the QB after the play it is football. Just not clean football, it's not KCs fault, the refs start to call it and they knock it off. The refs didn't so they continued to do it. 

The right thing to do for Buffalo was start doing the same and force the refs hand at doing something. Sadly they didnt.

2 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I get it, I like physicality as well. When they are jumping on our OL after the play, hitting the QB after the play it is football. Just not clean football, it's not KCs fault, the refs start to call it and they knock it off. The refs didn't so they continued to do it. 

The right thing to do for Buffalo was start doing the same and force the refs hand at doing something. Sadly they didnt.

Bingo! It’s also up to our head coach to say something. I’m not sure that he did.

Dude, we're down to discussing Cole Beasley's Pineapple on Pizza ad and Josh Allen's Coldstone Creamery treats and upcoming Fortnight tournament as competition for second-guessing and psychoanalyzing our last game.

If you want different or better football content from fans here, the way to achieve that is.....wait for it....help to provide it.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, we're down to discussing Cole Beasley's Pineapple on Pizza ad and Josh Allen's Coldstone Creamery treats and upcoming Fortnight tournament as competition for second-guessing and psychoanalyzing our last game.

If you want different or better football content from fans here, the way to achieve that is.....wait for it....help to provide it.

It’s a long offseason Hapless. I’m just happy this offseason was three weeks shorter than we’ve become accustomed to. Go Bills

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm not seeing how throwing a punch at a guys head after the whistle is a "part of football". Jones absolutely should've been ejected and I think that would've really reigned in a lot of the chippiness. 

Props to the Chiefs for altering how they played to take advantage of the unofficial playoff rulebook, where defensive holding is only called if it's obviously blatant, and dirty/late hits are just "playing physical" 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Everyone is different.  Many NFL players don’t want to see that beat them with the championship.  Like I said, it’s common.  To your point, I highly doubt the reason fans won’t support KC is because they felt they were dirty.  They just don’t want to see them win - I don’t either!

And your point about Gronk - want that like 4 years ago?   Who cares?  If Bills players can forgive Gronk for something stupid then why shouldn’t fans?

The way I see it, some fans see a KC win as the lesser of two evils due to their hate of New England.   They can stand the fact that Bills fans want to cheer for Tom Brady.  

Personally, I could care less.  I’m hoping Brady wins his 7th ring

I don’t care much about Gronk either, I’m just making the point that some fans are rooting against KC because of dirty plays. Brady is a cheat and Gronk committed one of the dirtiest plays I’ve ever seen, so I didn’t understand how some Bills fans are all about the Bucs suddenly. To each their own, I just find some of the Brady love around here kind of gross.

23 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'm not seeing how throwing a punch at a guys head after the whistle is a "part of football". Jones absolutely should've been ejected and I think that would've really reigned in a lot of the chippiness. 

Props to the Chiefs for altering how they played to take advantage of the unofficial playoff rulebook, where defensive holding is only called if it's obviously blatant, and dirty/late hits are just "playing physical" 

Exactly. I was livid when that happened. I bet that if he returned a punch in the same exact manner, Bills would have been flagged. The saying is, the 2nd player always gets caught. Issue in this particular incident is the officials saw Jones throw the 1st punch and did nothing. I recall reading somewhere  the ref went to Chiefs side line and just said something along the lines of, " calm it down, or don't let it happen again", Something to that extent.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 3

I won't root for either team.  I dislike both teams and their fans.  I hope my numbers hit and I end up with more money than I started with at the beginning of the game.  I also want to see both QBs get hit repeatedly after the whistle.  Mahomes because that is how the Chiefs play and they deserve a little karma, and Brady because he is a giant douche.  

7 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Exactly. I was livid when that happened. I bet that if he returned a punch in the same exact manner, Bills would have been flagged. The saying is, the 2nd player always gets caught. Issue in this particular incident is the officials saw Jones throw the 1st punch and did nothing. I recall reading somewhere  the ref went to Chiefs side line and just said something along the lines of, " calm it down, or don't let it happen again", Something to that extent.

If the refs would have called a penalty on that play, they would have to eject Jones for throwing a punch.  They were not about to kick out one of the Chiefs best players at that time in the game.  It was BS and Jones should have watched the rest of the game from the locker room.

Edited by chknwing334
  • Like (+1) 3

So you think Diggs getting suplexed and Mongo punched in the helmet is chippy? The late hit on Allen when the game was out of reach? That to me is not chippy, it’s the officials making the game into a complete ***** show. It would be like if the NBA called fouls for barely touching someone in the regular season like they do now but then in the playoffs went back to allowing Jordan era fouls of elbows to the face and kidney punches. 

The transition from the regular season to the playoffs should not change that much. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can you send me a link to that Fortnight tourney.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1