YoloinOhio

Levi Wallace: RFA  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Re-Sign or Wave Goodbye?

2. 2. If re-sign, which tender?

• 1st round - $4.766 mill
    • 2nd round - $3.384 mill
    • “Right of first refusal” - $2.133 mill

Going to list a new UFA or RFA every day or so ... Levi Wallace is a RFA in 2021. He will be 26 and has started 23 games in 2 seasons.

The new league year begins at 4 p.m. March 17. The deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets is April 23.

Projected tenders are based on future salary cap estimations and are subject to change when a future salary cap is made official.

https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders/

Edited by YoloinOhio

Going to cost next to nothing, it’s an easy decision to tender IMO. 

I like this concept a lot. I’ve honestly always thought that crowdsourcing like this COULD be a valuable tool for front offices to use in their decision making process. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder if anyone will give him an offer sheet. Probably not, but you never know. 

I would say it depends on the tender we give him. Likely going to be original round with no compensation attached. 

Levi catches a lot of heat on here and can be outmatched sometimes but we sure as heck could of done a lot worse the last few years. 
He’s a fantastic story, seems to be a fantastic human being, you 100% bring him back. 
One of these new GM’s may have done a little homework I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get an offer from a corner needy team 

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, UB2SF said:

This is great, Yolo!  Beggar/chooser here: would be great to have the cap hit as part of the data for each player.  But I'll still read/respond anyways!  

I’m not sure what it will be - I’m terrible with projecting contracts. Last year it was 697k. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I like this concept a lot. I’ve honestly always thought that crowdsourcing like this COULD be a valuable tool for front offices to use in their decision making process. 

I picture Beane sitting by the fire in his robe, checking the TBD daily poll to make personnel decisions. Why not?

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I would say it depends on the tender we give him. Likely going to be original round with no compensation attached. 

That would be quite insulting to a player who has started 23 games here.  

• Like (+1) 2

I voted re-sign, but we need to truly allow Dane Jackson to compete for the job, he might just be what we all want him to be. 

Go Bills!!!

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I picture Beane sitting by the fire in his robe, checking the TBD daily poll to make personnel decisions. Why not?

I’m actually dead serious lol

FanGraphs does their crowdsourcing for MLB player contracts and they’re almost nearly spot on when it comes to the value the player ends up receiving. 

Fans as a whole are all over the place, but if you get enough opinions in one place it could be a useful tool. 

22 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

This is always admittedly confusing to me. I always thought it was 1st, 2nd, 5th or original round tender. Over The Cap says 1st, 2nd, and “right of first refusal” are the 3 available RFA tenders.

https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders/

2021 Projected RFA Tenders

TypeAmount

First Round$4,766,000

Second Round$3,384,000

Right of First Refusal$2,133,000

26 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Why do you say it costs next to nothing?  The lowest RFA amount is $2.13 million and that is just the right of first refusal without draft pick compensation.  Last year he made $750K so that is a almost a 200% raise.  He was undrafted so they can't use the original round tender. The second and first round tenders are $3.2M and $4.6M respectively.  

So this decision is not as easy as it seems.

I think Levi is a good player and equal to or better than Norman.  I would tender an offer at the second round $3.2M amount.  If someone matched I'd take the second round pick and let Levi go.  I would be fine if he played 2021 on a one year deal at $3.2M

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2