Jadeveon Clowney as a UFA

Dkollidas

Had literally almost zero production this year for Tennessee (literally zero sacks in 8 games played). 

But he’s an athletic freak who’s been near 10sks multiple times. 

McDermott discussed players coming here and “becoming the best version of themselves”.

All that being said, could he come to Buffalo on a one year, $2m-$3m prove it deal? He’s an elite talent who’s never been able to put it all together and imo is a perfect fit for the Shaq Lawson role in our defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

16 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Had literally almost zero production this year for Tennessee (literally zero sacks in 8 games played). 

McDermott discussed players coming here and “becoming the best version of themselves”.

All that being said, could he come to Buffalo on a one year, $2m-$3m prove it deal? He’s an elite talent who’s never been able to put it all together and imo is a perfect fit for the Shaq Lawson role in our defense. 

But never got to. How many does he have in last 2 years? 3? Vet minimum maybe 

22 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Yes, we would take him at 2-3 mill per year.  That won’t happen 

There’s a reason nobody signed him long term. There’s a reason he had to take a late deal last offseason. 
He has always been about top dollar and I don’t blame him for that. I can’t envision he’ll sign a really cheap deal anywhere though 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't care what that groundhog saw or didn't see yesterday....nothing says "Spring is coming" like the first of the several annual Clowney threads!

Hell, it’s a fall topic as well, but you know, he has a name, so ...

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think he's a possibility but not at $2m-$3m.   I think he could be had possibly on a one year $8-$10m a year deal which should be taken in a heartbeat.  Cutting Addison and Butler can more than make up that amount.

I just don’t see him getting that much after putting up 3 sacks in his two seasons of play.

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

There’s a reason nobody signed him long term. There’s a reason he had to take a late deal last offseason. 
He has always been about top dollar and I don’t blame him for that. I can’t envision he’ll sign a really cheap deal anywhere though 

Agreed. I’m just wondering if he’s gotten to the point, and more so the league (with the cap being lowered) that they won’t pay for a guy who just has a name with no production. 

I believe a 1yr $2M deal with maybe $1M guaranteed is something worth looking into for both sides 

• Agree 1

I don't think he would come to Buffalo for super cheap, he would go back to the seahawks. He seemed to enjoy his season there and if he's playing cheap anyways....

With that said for cheap, yeah why not? But I wouldn't offer alot. He chose to be a mercenary and didn't produce, thats on him.

7 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I believe a 1yr $2M deal with maybe $1M guaranteed is something worth looking into for both sides 

Every team in the league would consider that. I think clowney might sit a year out if that’s his only offers. Or wait until a team has injuries and gets desperate. Shoot he might get a bigger offer from the XFL than 1-2 million.