QB Recruit - BEST NAME EVER

DrDawkinstein

He would make the greatest pimp of all time too. His slogan could be (though not sure about the possible copyright infringement)

"For a great low rate, you can get online! Go to The General and save some time!"

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

In case anyone is wondering, he is the nephew of John David Booty.

And thereby also the nephew of the more historically significant Josh Booty..........the 5th overall pick of the 1994 MLB draft while also the #1 football recruit(QB) in the nation.   

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And thereby also the nephew of the more historically significant Josh Booty..........the 5th overall pick of the 1994 MLB draft while also the #1 football recruit(QB) in the nation.   

I have to admit, I don't know how you talked about baseball and historical significance in the same sentence with a straight face.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Glad he is a QB and not a WR, or else someone might say "Booty was streaking down the field WIDE OPEN!"

Oh, just think about the scramble possibilities. 

"Booty options right, gives them a little juke at the line, and then it's off to the races."

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I have to admit, I don't know how you talked about baseball and historical significance in the same sentence with a straight face.

History?   Hey some of our best baseball players gave up a couple years of their careers to help save you soccer playing, injury faking wimps from Hitler and this is the respect you give?   Sheesh.:beer:

Josh Booty is actually a good example of why we have better athletes at QB today.........the guaranteed baseball money was huge compared to the earnings potential as a QB in football at the time.    Booty wanted more than anything to be the QB at LSU but he couldn't pass on the huge guaranteed money.   Drew Henson followed him as famous dual sport athlete QB but Henson actually preferred baseball(and he was signed with the Yankees, who you of course have never heard of or seen people wearing Yankee hats around town I'm sure).   They both should have stuck with football.......the increase in degree of difficulty from HS to pro football is much less than in pro baseball.   Much easier to project that's why  after failing at baseball they were able to practically walk off the street into reserve roles in the NFL.    With all the arm talent in the US it amazes me that we still have QB's at the Shrine game and Senior Bowl every year who can't even throw a football but at least it's almost to a point where every team at least has a starting QB who can pass for one.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

History?   Hey some of our best baseball players gave up a couple years of their careers to help save you soccer playing, injury faking wimps from Hitler and this is the respect you give?   Sheesh.:beer:

Josh Booty is actually a good example of why we have better athletes at QB today.........the guaranteed baseball money was huge compared to the earnings potential as a QB in football at the time.    Booty wanted more than anything to be the QB at LSU but he couldn't pass on the huge guaranteed money.   Drew Henson followed him as famous dual sport athlete QB but Henson actually preferred baseball(and he was signed with the Yankees, who you of course have never heard of or seen people wearing Yankee hats around town I'm sure).   They both should have stuck with football.......the increase in degree of difficulty from HS to pro football is much less than in pro baseball.   Much easier to project that's why  after failing at baseball they were able to practically walk off the street into reserve roles in the NFL.    With all the arm talent in the US it amazes me that we still have QB's at the Shrine game and Senior Bowl every year who can't even throw a football but at least it's almost to a point where every team at least has a starting QB who can pass for one.

I blame people doing the college recruiting.  How guys with arms like Aaron Rodgers and Josh Allen fail to get a D1 Scholarship offer out of High School absolutely blows my mind.  

5 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

Do you know why there are 1000 great baseball baseball movies and zero great soccer movies?  Because soccer blows.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Do you know why there are 1000 great baseball baseball movies and zero great soccer movies?  Because soccer blows.

So, you know everything about the rest of the universe, but nothing about the rest of this planet???   🤷‍♂️

21 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

How can you ignore the cinematic masterpieces like Goal! and Escape To Victory? The boundary pushing Bend It Like Beckham? The general cuteness of Air Bud: World Pup?

Although I will grant you that The Battered Bastards of Baseball is one of my favourite things I've watched in the past year.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.