Super Bowl LVI: Bills among favorites to hoist Lombardi Trophy

HOUSE

By Ryan Talbot | rtalbot@nyup.com

The Buffalo Bills have staying power as one of the NFL’s best teams according to oddsmakers.

Odds for Super Bowl LVI have been released by Bet Online and Buffalo finds themselves tied for the second best odds in the league to win the big game and hoist the Lombardi Trophy following the 2021 regular season.

The Kansas City Chiefs, looking to win the Super Bowl in back-to-back years this Sunday, are the betting favorites at 5/1, but Buffalo--as well as the Green Bay Packers, Los Angeles Rams and Tampa Bay Buccaneers--come in at 12/1.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/02/super-bowl-lvi-bills-among-favorites-to-hoist-lombardi-trophy.html

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

2021 will be a very interesting season. The Bills had pressure to win the East in 2020 but this season will be massive in terms of expectations.   Intriguing how they will handle it. 

No more flying under the radar with no pressure and playing 16 games at 1:00. That's just the national media. With the local media/fans in WNY expectations will be huge like you said.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If Watson can stay out of the afce, I don't see why the same 4 teams won't  be playing next year. 

Watson will either be quarterbacking the Houston Texans or sitting out the season.  Book it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If Watson can stay out of the afce, I don't see why the same 4 teams won't  be playing next year. 

Because it never happens like that. But of course the Bills should be among the favorites. Fairly young team with a qb who turned into a superstar.  I hope they stay hungry because a lot of young teams let stuff go to their heads and never make it back. 

definitely doesn’t seem like it would be the case with this group.  

39 minutes ago, eball said:

Watson will either be quarterbacking the Houston Texans or sitting out the season.  Book it.

Nah he is getting traded. I started where you were, but when Simms says it is over I believe him. Houston loses too much if he sits. 

Edited by GunnerBill

13 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Seems high TBH. 

Does anyone really see us getting back to the AFC Championship game? 

This offseason is going to have alot of turnover and turmoil because of the lower salary cap, which NO one was expecting before COVID.

Lots of hard decisions will be made. The teams frontoffices that can handle and cope best with this situation will make gains.

In Beane I Trust.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Does anyone really see us getting back to the AFC Championship game? 

Yes. Our cap situation isn't bad, our young QB is improving every year, and we've got a solid #1 receiver, a reliable chain-moving slot receiver, and a WR who just came off of a great rookie season. Our OC is returning, most of the defense should remain intact, and I'm confident in Beane's ability to replace those who leave in free-agency.

And we have a great HC.

Tell us why you don't think we'll be back.

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

2021 will be a very interesting season. The Bills had pressure to win the East in 2020 but this season will be massive in terms of expectations.   Intriguing how they will handle it. 

I think they have embraced it at this juncture 

15 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Yes. Our cap situation isn't bad, our young QB is improving every year, and we've got a solid #1 receiver, a reliable chain-moving slot receiver, and a WR who just came off of a great rookie season. Our OC is returning, most of the defense should remain intact, and I'm confident in Beane's ability to replace those who leave in free-agency.

And we have a great HC.

I expect significant changes on defense. Star will return, a few players will be gone, possibly Milano, we'll draft defense and add through FA.  It's too early to pick odds on next season.

We could also have 2 or 3 new starting offensive lineman. It's going to be a critical offseason for Beane.

38 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

And we have a great HC.

Beane needs to draft and/or sign 2 WRs or a pass catching TE.  Hard to count on a 32 year old Beasley coming back from a broken leg, and Brown seems unlikely to be retained.  Diggs is great, but he can’t be the only playmaker on offense, especially with a mediocre at best running game.

I expect Buffalo to be a contender next year, but there’s going to be significant roster turnover needed.

37 minutes ago, Billl said:

Beane needs to draft and/or sign 2 WRs or a pass catching TE.  Hard to count on a 32 year old Beasley coming back from a broken leg, and Brown seems unlikely to be retained.  Diggs is great, but he can’t be the only playmaker on offense, especially with a mediocre at best running game.

I expect Buffalo to be a contender next year, but there’s going to be significant roster turnover needed.

The Bills don't have to make ANY moves in terms of WR or TE.  Beasley just finished the best year of his career & doesn't need surgery. He'll go into next season fully healthy.  Knox is our starting TE - he has made steady improvement all season & IS a "pass catching TE."  Gabe Davis can easily move into the position vacated by Smoke if the latter moves on, and we have a speedster from last year's draft who didn't even play yet.

Thanks for the input, though. Dontchya have a game this weekend to be mulling over before being concerned about the Bills' prospects for '21?

Edited by Success

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

A little risky counting on Davis taking Browns spot.... we saw this offense suffer in the playoffs with a beat up WR group. Adding another good WR is ideal, IMO. That said, I doubt they do. It only took them 3 years to realize they need to get better at the position. 

I expect it to be a VERY low offseason priority, if they even address it.  They were happy to get Hodgins in the 6th last draft and surprised he fell that far.  He had some bad luck this year, but I'd expect him to crack the line-up before they use draft capital on another wideout.  And it's very doubtful they look at FA for that.

Diggs, Beasley and Davis is a formidable starting trio.  It's just not a position of real need.