I’m warming up to the JJ Watt idea

Love the leadership he'd bring to the team, but think he still demands 13-15 million a year, which is very rich for a 32 year old defensive end.   I think he makes more sense for teams like the Browns, Colts, or Patriots who have a little more money, but if the cap ends up more than the expected 175 million, I'd welcome him here.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Do you guys really want him after what he did to EJ?

I think he will go to Green Bay.  Its close to home and maybe he and Rodgers can give each other the support they both need to come out as gay.

If Rodgers is gay he is doing quite a good job hiding it with some smokin' hot girlfriends. 

If the Texans cut him then yes (He doesn't have a dead cap number). Which they should do if they're rebuilding, to give him an opportunity to win now.

Even then, he;s looking at a minimum of Mario Addison money. 3 years 30M. Though the Bills end up saving 10M by cutting Mario. You're basically trading him for Mall Milano (which I would do without hesitation). He still had a pretty good PFF grade for his 2020 season

Edited by appoo
  • Agree 1

His current output is not that great.  I mean he is a cool dude and would be great in the community and in the locker room but he is not the JJ Watt of 5 years ago in terms of on field production, he no longer exists.  Severe back injuries are bad for a defensive lineman.

LOL at all these people thinking this is madden. "Sure we will take him, but only on a vet minimum deal." Pie in the sky high hopes here. He'll get cut for his salary cap figure but he's not signing somewhere for half of what he was making, he will get 14+

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m warming up to the JJ Watt idea

On its face first I didn’t like it because of watts injury history then I took a look at just how many snaps he plays for Houston and you factor in the fact that we use a rotation he is in on literally over 80% of the snaps for Houston

right now and would not get that snap count here so perhaps he could stay healthy and be the dominant player that we have seen

We need an impact player on the defense why is nasty a leader in a play maker when healthy to make room for him

Cut Addison Butler Jeffersonand do some restructures

I just don't think he will come here. 

Id be shocked if he didn't sign with Pittsburgh to play with his brothers. 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think the biggest single mindset change for bills fans is that we are just as big a candidate for a ring chaser as any other team in the league now

We def aren’t as big a candidate as the chiefs.  Any team with Brady and Rodgers and teams that play in the NFC (because they don’t have to go through the chiefs to make the SB) are better candidates imo.  The Steelers are (for JJ Watt) because he brothers play there.  We’re probably up next.  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We def aren’t as big a candidate as the chiefs.  Any team with Brady and Rodgers and teams that play in the NFC (because they don’t have to go through the chiefs to make the SB) are better candidates imo.  The Steelers are (for JJ Watt) because he brothers play there.  We’re probably up next.  

Count me in as happy if we don’t get the self promotional JJ Watt but lol at the notion that we’re undesirable as seems to be the picture you’re trying to paint,