I’m warming up to the JJ Watt idea

I’m warming up to the JJ Watt idea

On its face first I didn’t like it because of watts injury history then I took a look at just how many snaps he plays for Houston and you factor in the fact that we use a rotation he is in on literally over 80% of the snaps for Houston

right now and would not get that snap count here so perhaps he could stay healthy and be the dominant player that we have seen

We need an impact player on the defense why is nasty a leader in a play maker when healthy to make room for him

Cut Addison Butler Jeffersonand do some restructures

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He makes a lot of sense.  He may not be what he was, but if he’s healthy in the playoffs, he can be a difference maker.  

I see him joining the steelers or chase his ring with the chiefs, packers or Bucs if Brady returns 

• Agree 1

Even though I cam sick of hearing about him (being in Houston) and his need to for attention, He most likely wants out of the noise and non-=sense of the Texans so if we can get him cheap, yes.  He might give is a good deal headed to a contender with the Bills. a championship one thing he doesnt have on his resume.  I dont think he is along term answer obviously but good for a one year loaner.  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He makes a lot of sense.  He may not be what he was, but if he’s healthy in the playoffs, he can be a difference maker.  

I see him joining the steelers or chase his ring with the chiefs, packers or Bucs if Brady returns 

I think the biggest single mindset change for bills fans is that we are just as big a candidate for a ring chaser as any other team in the league now

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'd be all for it also. Maybe get the last couple years of what he's got left. I'm not sure how certain things will/can play out, but if they can part ways with Murphy and whatever else Beane decides to do to get $$ it could happen I guess.

I understand he's not what he was a couple years ago, but he would still very likely be better than anyone that's on the roster now. Also it seems like he hits a different switch at playoff time.

So depending on how expensive he would be, I would be excited about it myself it things were to swing that way.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think the biggest single mindset change for bills fans is that we are just as big a candidate for a ring chaser as any other team in the league now

Yup, I would agree.

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He'd cost too much; he'd be hurt too often; and his play is too diminished for this to make sense, NOW.

A number of years ago?  Would have been fun for him to be a Bill.

Agree he would probably cost a little too much, however imo I think he still has a good 2 years left. I would be more concerned about his injuries and how many games he would play more than his play being diminished. 

The guy would be good on a one or two year deal on the cheap, structured so we can cut him with no real monetary hit,  his body is breaking down after ten years in the league, so it would need to be very team friendly deal. Jmo.

Go Bills!!!

14 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He'd cost too much; he'd be hurt too often; and his play is too diminished for this to make sense, NOW.

Just when I was getting excited too :huh:

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Do you guys really want him after what he did to EJ?

I think he will go to Green Bay.  Its close to home and maybe he and Rodgers can give each other the support they both need to come out as gay.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that, 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Do you guys really want him after what he did to EJ?

I think he will go to Green Bay.  Its close to home and maybe he and Rodgers can give each other the support they both need to come out as gay.

LOL, you mean the DT having an 80 yard pick six?  I was at that game, perfect angle, it was like watching in  slow motion, you could tell when the ball was in the air it was headed to the other end zone.  I will never forget that play as much as I want to.

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If the Bills can sign for a deal that makes sense for them then I could see it. I would prefer a one year deal. His health is a concern but coming here playing for a contender maybe he can give the Bills a solid season.

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t know. I’m torn on the idea. 
I think he gets cut regardless of what happens with Watson. Problem is I don’t see him taking a low or short deal. I think we all agree we’d like to have him on a bargain deal. 

I dont know about that.

If this were 2 or 3 years ago, we'd all be saying "He's already made $100M+ with a crappy team. Of course he is going to sign with New England super cheap in order to chase a ring". And then he probably would! We've seen vets do it a number of times.

But now WE are that team. So maybe he would want to come here on the cheap. Especially when comparing the tone and culture of the organization with what he is unhappy with in Houston.

I dont think it's that far fetched.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Not to mention our biggest advocate is current team members.  This coaching staff is beloved by the players.  This isnt your fathers Bills and the success of Diggs didnt go unnoticed in league circles.  I absolutely believe we are a team that players w/o a ring would find enticing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1