Derek Carr reportedly in demand, could lead to trade

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Rumors are the Raiders are trying to trade Carr and a bunch of picks for Watson. 

For once the focus is on keep players and plugging up a piece or two. If the team resigns D.Williams, Mongo, Milano, Roberts, Ty and Barkley I don't see too many holes on this roster just a couple more pieces needed to get the team over KC.

you are talking about a 25% roster update (including re-signing our own)

As much as this sounds like a Gruden decision, I still think Houston won’t do it.  Once they hold tight past the draft, Watson doesn’t have leverage.  Andrew Brandt made too much sense on his podcast.  He’s on Ross Tucker’s show once a week.  Very astute and knows the management role (Packers), and the agent side.

8 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Folks here being wrong not too long ago is irrelevant to the discussion today. 

Not really.   speaks to ability to assess QB talent.    Just like this past season a number of guys proclaimed Tua to be the real deal and an upcoming superstar.  Yet he there is now tremendous noise around him being offloaded.

12 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

When the Bills were going through the drought I cant remember a time where quality QB's were available for trade like now. We did trade for Bledsoe but that was it for 15+ years. Go figure

Alex Smith.  Culpepper.  Brees was available at one time.  Cassel.  Cutler. Palmer.  Foles.  Bradford.  Jimmy g.  Tannehill.  

3 hours ago, H2o said:

No team is giving up two #1's for Carr. 1st and a 3rd? Maybe. Chicago possibly, Washington, or maybe Indy. This isn't a move LV makes unless they have the Watson deal already in place.

I didn't think anyone would give up 2 1sts for Stafford either.  

9 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I could see the Saints throwing their hat into one of these QB trade situations.  After whatever drama was going on with Michael Thomas, package him with a 1st, next years 1st and some extra draft capital, plus another salary or two they need to get off the books.  Wouldn’t surprise me, Payton isn’t going to want to oversee some long rebuild.

Honestly he'd be a good fit with New Orleans.  But they arent trading picks - they're so cap screwed they need their picks.  

12 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

He is worth more in my opinion. Young QB's who are elite are hard to find. But realistically the Texans are going to have to hope for a package of picks that includes 4 firsts as a bedrock. 

Maybe 5 1st rounders?  lol come on.  

Gruden is the only guy in the NFL who would give up 4 1sts for Watson.  

13 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I hope Watson goes to LA. It might help us by giving Mahomes a tougher path to the first round bye every season. 

Why would the Chargers trade for Watson?

Edited by CIrvine
Multiple posts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

No team is giving up two #1's for Carr. 1st and a 3rd? Maybe. Chicago possibly, Washington, or maybe Indy. This isn't a move LV makes unless they have the Watson deal already in place.

I would say that no one is trading a first for Carr, but then again, I thought Matt Stafford was barely worth a third rounder...

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Correction: he's a bum.

Imo, he is neither. In the couple of games I saw this year, he seemed to show flashes of the talent he displayed in his first couple of years. But something is off now and I couldnt place my finger on it (and I dont have the inclination to re-watch Raiders games). Not supported by stats, but I feel he could still serve as an adequate starter if the rest of the team is above average. Or as a bridge QB. I for one am not ready to relegate him to the scrap heap yet. But I do think Gruden is very optimistic if he thinks he can get 2 x 1st round picks for him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1