Derek Carr reportedly in demand, could lead to trade

YoloinOhio

45 minutes ago, Billl said:

Nobody’s giving up one first rounder for Carr let alone two.  The guy is just good enough to not get a top draft pick but not good enough to make the playoffs.

LOL without really wanting to debate the QB prowess of Derek Carr, does anyone else here enjoy Antiques Roadshow? 

I kind of feel the aftermath of the Stafford trade is like that show proclaiming some unassuming old vase is actually worth big $$.  Everyone watching the show starts thinking "Hmmmm, I got a vase looks pretty much like that, wonder what it's really worth?" and looks about for an appraiser.

I think Mayock be all "sheee it, if Detroit can get two firsts and a third for that 33 year old 12-year vet coming off 2 years of broken vertebrae, wonder what my under-30 QB with just 7 years wear-n-tear really worth?"

Stop the Tulip Mania

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

What team would in their right mind give up 2 number 1s for Carr?

That stupidity is up there with the bills trading a 1st because Rob Johnson looked good in 1 game or the seahawks paying Matt Flynn 60 million because of 1 game in a week 17 meaningless match up

There lucky Wilson turned out after that Flynn money boy that brings back memories that was so dumb dude did absolutely nothing after that. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 97bills said:

There lucky Wilson turned out after that Flynn money boy that brings back memories that was so dumb dude did absolutely nothing after that. 

Didn’t Matt Flynn sign with the bills at one point or am I misremembering my Matts

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

How so?

First of all the first round picks were not this year's - they were 2022 and 2023.  So they're already worth less than 1st rounders in 2021.  And one of the two firsts was clearly an exchange for taking on Goff's contract.  The Lions got a 1st and a 3rd in "real" value for Stafford, and another 1st for the Goff contract, as I see it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, y2zipper said:

I would like whatever the Mariota is better than car crowd is smoking because that take is objectively terrible.

I think it's going to take five or six first to get Watson and the reason why Carr doesn't just get moved for him is because Houston wants draft picks as opposed to players. 

Stafford just moved for two first round picks and Carr is better than Stafford and 3 years younger.  Two first round picks for Carris a deal that makes sense if your Chicago or if your San Francisco and you are currently looking to upgrade that position. That deal is in realistic for the Broncos because they're in the same division.

Boy I think he would be great with 49ers 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL without really wanting to debate the QB prowess of Derek Carr, does anyone else here enjoy Antiques Roadshow? 

I kind of feel the aftermath of the Stafford trade is like that show proclaiming some unassuming old vase is actually worth big $$.  Everyone watching the show starts thinking "Hmmmm, I got a vase looks pretty much like that, wonder what it's really worth?" and looks about for an appraiser.

I think Mayock be all "sheee it, if Detroit can get two firsts and a third for that 33 year old 12-year vet coming off 2 years of broken vertebrae, wonder what my under-30 QB with just 7 years wear-n-tear really worth?"

Stop the Tulip Mania

I’ll admit, I had no idea where you were going with the Antiques Roadshow thing, but I’ll be damned if it didn’t turn into a solid analogy.

33 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Also well said.

Edited by Billl
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

When the Bills were going through the drought I cant remember a time where quality QB's were available for trade like now. We did trade for Bledsoe but that was it for 15+ years. Go figure

That's what I have been thinking. There are actually options available and you don't have to settle for one, that is just crazy. 

I could see the Saints throwing their hat into one of these QB trade situations.  After whatever drama was going on with Michael Thomas, package him with a 1st, next years 1st and some extra draft capital, plus another salary or two they need to get off the books.  Wouldn’t surprise me, Payton isn’t going to want to oversee some long rebuild.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

First of all the first round picks were not this year's - they were 2022 and 2023.  So they're already worth less than 1st rounders in 2021.  And one of the two firsts was clearly an exchange for taking on Goff's contract.  The Lions got a 1st and a 3rd in "real" value for Stafford, and another 1st for the Goff contract, as I see it.

I guess you could look at it as one of the firsts are in exchange for taking on Goff's contract. But the Rams are still eating 22 million in dead cap in 2021 as a result of the trade. So it isn't like the trade dumps that much money into their coffers and in fact combining Stafford's 2021 cap number and Goff's dead money in 2021 it will cost the Rams 8 million.

The Rams save 14 million in 2022 but I doubt they paid a 1st round pick for a net of 6 million cap dollars over the course of two seasons.

I don't think it's a huge move but Carr would play perfect in the Patriots system imo.

I don't think it's a huge move but Carr would play perfect in the Patriots system imo.

4 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

What team would in their right mind give up 2 number 1s for Carr?

That stupidity is up there with the bills trading a 1st because Rob Johnson looked good in 1 game or the seahawks paying Matt Flynn 60 million because of 1 game in a week 17 meaningless match up

Matt Flynn "only" got 20 million for 3 years with 9 guaranteed from Seattle. A massive overpay but not that tragic.