Derek Carr reportedly in demand, could lead to trade

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So the whole idea of this notion, per Thad Brown, is that the Raiders want to trade Carr for 2 firsts.

Then take those and their next two firsts and flip them for Watson.

4 1st for Watson? 

6 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

When the Bills were going through the drought I cant remember a time where quality QB's were available for trade like now. We did trade for Bledsoe but that was it for 15+ years. Go figure

It really is a crazy time right now.

52 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Rumors are the Raiders are trying to trade Carr and a bunch of picks for Watson. 

For once the focus is on keep players and plugging up a piece or two. If the team resigns D.Williams, Mongo, Milano, Roberts, Ty and Barkley I don't see too many holes on this roster just a couple more pieces needed to get the team over KC.

I think the point is that we're not likely going to be able to re-sign D Williams, Mongo, and Milano much less all of them PLUS Roberts, Ty Nsekhe, and Barkley.

And don't forget Isaiah McKenzie, Ike Boettger, Dean Marlowe and Levi Wallace who are either re-signings or holes

We can cut some players to create cap but then we have to fill those holes.

That was the whole point of Beane's presser saying we're going to have to make some hard choices.

I would like whatever the Mariota is better than car crowd is smoking because that take is objectively terrible.

I think it's going to take five or six first to get Watson and the reason why Carr doesn't just get moved for him is because Houston wants draft picks as opposed to players. 

Stafford just moved for two first round picks and Carr is better than Stafford and 3 years younger.  Two first round picks for Carris a deal that makes sense if your Chicago or if your San Francisco and you are currently looking to upgrade that position. That deal is in realistic for the Broncos because they're in the same division.

It's funny because QB is actually becoming somewhat of a "fungible" position.  There are a lot of excellent ones out there, and more coming out every year that look really good right out of the gate, or at least very soon afterwards.   So that makes me wonder why any team would trade for anything less than the best.  

Any team that trades for Derek Carr deserves what they get.  He's eminently replaceable

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the point is that we're not likely going to be able to re-sign D Williams, Mongo, and Milano much less all of them PLUS Roberts, Ty Nsekhe, and Barkley.

And don't forget Isaiah McKenzie, Ike Boettger, Dean Marlowe and Levi Wallace who are either re-signings or holes

Barkley won't tipped the scales.  He should play for food and extra game tickets for his wife's pals at this point.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

4 1st for Watson? 

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just decoding the central premise of the OP:

For that to happen, the Raiders would have to receive two first-round picks for Carr, which they would then package with their own first-rounders in 2021 and 2022 to present a compelling offer of four first-round picks to the Texans for Watson, who has reportedly asked be traded.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

It's funny because QB is actually becoming somewhat of a "fungible" position.  There are a lot of excellent ones out there, and more coming out every year that look really good right out of the gate, or at least very soon afterwards.   So that makes me wonder why any team would trade for anything less than the best.  

Any team that trades for Derek Carr deserves what they get.  He's eminently replaceable

I’ve always felt there’s also something “off”about Carr as a leader and teammate. 

• Agree 1