LOL...the Fish naming CO-offensive coordinators...

eball

30 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I gave credit to Flores in the sense they drafted 11 players, had a bunch of free agents, and he managed to turn a 5 win team to a 10 win team in one year.  How he handled the QB situation made no sense.  Why he wouldn’t keep starting Fitz until we’ll he became Fitz.  They have had 1-2 more wins.  Now I don’t think they would’ve gone farther than the wildcard game, but at least they could’ve made it to the dance.

This idea is just not defendable.  The second coordinator should’ve been give another title and responsibilities.  He could’ve still consulted with the OC, but there needs to be clear succession.

So I disagree on Fitz. I think they went to Tua at the right point. I think where he made a mistake was going back to Fitz twice as a relief pitcher. They went to Tua as soon as it became clear the team was ahead of schedule in its development. They said "okay we are better than we expected, we could potentially be a really dangerous team in 2021 if we keep developing at this pace so we better find out what we have in Tua." The mistake IMO was then not letting him play out those defeats and see how he responded. As a result they are where they don't want to be.... with a team that is really close, a roster that is pretty solid all round, but a big question mark about whether their QB is the guy or not. Maybe Houston trades them Watson and that misstep ends up not hurting. We will soon find out!

13 hours ago, eball said:

Miami's biggest problem is still going to be figuring out how to deal with Josh Allen for the next 10-15 years.

Agree. They are not that far away from Buffalo when you match roster with roster excluding the QB. Weaker on the offensive side, stronger on the defensive side, but when you add Quarterback into that the gap is significant. 

18 hours ago, eball said:

Story here.

Yeah, that's bound to work out well.  And the GM has already said Tua is the starter.

What is Flores smoking?  He arguably coached the Fish out of a playoff berth last season with his botching of the QB situation, and now he's on his 3rd/4th OC in three seasons.

This division should be the Bills' to own for years.

Flores will be gone in two years, he will be just another failed Patriots HC in a long line of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

19 hours ago, eball said:

Story here.

Yeah, that's bound to work out well.  And the GM has already said Tua is the starter.

What is Flores smoking?  He arguably coached the Fish out of a playoff berth last season with his botching of the QB situation, and now he's on his 3rd/4th OC in three seasons.

This division should be the Bills' to own for years.

Hum...they won 5 games in 2019 when people thought they'd go 0-16.  Last year they almost made the playoffs when most had them finishing last (or 3rd) in division pre-season.  Unfortunately I think Flores knows what he is doing and has exceeded expectations each season.  I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt here until he proves he doesn't deserve.  This is the team we need to be worried about.  Can't believe people are disregarding Tua so quickly after 1 season, one in which he probably wasn't 100% recovered from his hip injury.  I kinda sorta remember JA not looking that great in a lot of his first seasons games.  Yeah, I know, throwing strength yada yada yada, thats why he's compared to Brees a lot and he worked out OK.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Hum...they won 5 games in 2019 when people thought they'd go 0-16.  Last year they almost made the playoffs when most had them finishing last (or 3rd) in division pre-season.  Unfortunately I think Flores knows what he is doing and has exceeded expectations each season.  I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt here until he proves he doesn't deserve.  This is the team we need to be worried about.  Can't believe people are disregarding Tua so quickly after 1 season, one in which he probably wasn't 100% recovered from his hip injury.  I kinda sorta remember JA not looking that great in a lot of his first seasons games.  Yeah, I know, throwing strength yada yada yada, thats why he's compared to Brees a lot and he worked out OK.

Totally agree on Flores. Agree to an extent on Tua. I get why there are concerns (and I suspect they exist inside the Dolphins building too) because he didn't really demonstrate any elite traits. Equally I don't think he played poorly enough to be written off the way some are writing him off  

19 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I doubt Fitz would return with Gailey leaving and likely being a backup. I'm sure he'll go somewhere that has a rookie QB that needs a seasoned backup behind him to see if he can start again as seems like Fitz doesn't want to be a backup anymore. 

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would be very surprised if Fitz re-ups there.  I think he became fond of Tua, but not fond of how the QB situation was handled during the season or in-games.

19 hours ago, Doc said:

There's no way they bring back Fitz. 

Look up. Way up.

Edited by jeremy2020

37 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

During Flores' first season there is no question Miami outperformed expectations.  I was on the bandwagon and believed the Fish were going to be our primary competition.  The 10 win total this season is deceptive, though, and you are also discounting just how much pre-season hype they received.  Some had them going to the playoffs and nearly all said they would compete for the AFC East.

As for Tua -- if he was not 100% recovered what in the hell is Flores doing putting him out there?  That's negligent.  Flores totally butchered that process with Fitz playing well, and stories have leaked out of Miami that players were questioning what was going on.  I'm not saying Tua will be a bust -- I believe I've posted on this forum that I think his upside is as an above-average starting QB.  I just don't see any "wow" factor.  It's foolish to compare Tua to Allen -- completely different players and backgrounds.  Tua's development as a QB coming into the NFL is LIGHT YEARS ahead of where Josh was.

And finally -- this will be Flores' third season and he's on his 3rd/4th OC.  Remember how people didn't think McD understood offense?  Let's multiply that times 10.

I am simply not impressed with the decisions Flores made last season, and it's hard to forget how woefully prepared his team was in a "win and you're in" scenario against a Buffalo team he knew would start resting people.  That game made the Bills' flop against Pittsburgh's backups in 2004 look like a respectable outing.

They've got a very good defense.  Flores looks like he turned the culture around.  In my mind, the jury is definitely still out.

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Totally agree on Flores. Agree to an extent on Tua. I get why there are concerns (and I suspect they exist inside the Dolphins building too) because he didn't really demonstrate any elite traits. Equally I don't think he played poorly enough to be written off the way some are writing him off  

Very few reputable NFL people are "writing off" Tua -- but like me, it's the lack of a "wow" factor that should be concerning.  And as stated above, if Tua was not physically ready to play last season it was negligence for Flores to play him, particularly when he had a very viable option in Fitz.

On 2/2/2021 at 1:41 PM, Jauronimo said:

cheerswithgin.png

I'm guessing one Co-OC handles the day to day stuff and the other Co-OC focuses on the big picture stuff.

Look, it doesn't take a genius to know that every organization thrives when it has two leaders. Go ahead, name a country that doesn't have two presidents. A boat that sets sail without two captains. Where would Catholicism be without the popes?