LOL...the Fish naming CO-offensive coordinators...

eball

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean so basically did San Francisco last season and they made the Superbowl....... admittedly that was a different situation because their HC calls the plays anyway and is an offensive guy. 

They are basically making Studesville run game coordinator and Godsey passing game coordinator. I don't think that in itself is flawed. But they need to work out who calls the plays. 

And the QB coach "will have input."  Too many damn cooks and this will end poorly.  I'm beginning to question what I thought earlier this season about Miami becoming the Bills' biggest threat in the East.  I don't think Flores knows what he's doing.

Edit:  Oh, and the best thing about this?  The Bills keep Dorsey so when Daboll gets a HC job after next season's SB championship Dorsey will slide in to the Bills' OC role.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, eball said:

Story here.

Yeah, that's bound to work out well.  And the GM has already said Tua is the starter.

What is Flores smoking?  He arguably coached the Fish out of a playoff berth last season with his botching of the QB situation, and now he's on his 3rd/4th OC in three seasons.

This division should be the Bills' to own for years.

Flores is a genius!  Makes it much tougher to poach coaches from Miami in the future if all have coordinator titles!

13 minutes ago, eball said:

And the QB coach "will have input."  Too many damn cooks and this will end poorly.  I'm beginning to question what I thought earlier this season about Miami becoming the Bills' biggest threat in the East.  I don't think Flores knows what he's doing.

Edit:  Oh, and the best thing about this?  The Bills keep Dorsey so when Daboll gets a HC job after next season's SB championship Dorsey will slide in to the Bills' OC role.

I still think Flores is a good coach. Saleh screwed the Dolphins on this OC hire. The Dolphins wanted to hire Mike McDaniel... the run game coordinator from the 49ers and as a co-OC without the title the 9ers couldn't block it. But then Saleh took the Jets job and hired Mike LaFleur the 49ers passing game coordinator as his OC so Shanahan officially promoted McDaniel to the single "Offensive Coordinator" and he preferred that than going to Miami.  

more teams moving to a running game and passing game coordinator....pros and cons...someone has to call the play and I can see debate-friction as to when to call what kind of play...like on 4th and 2 and you call a time-out you cant have those 2 guys arguing over the play call...

• Like (+1) 1

Well, they played two qbs last year. If they add a third qb to play, will they add a third coordinator?

They are really getting high off their own farts IMO. Yup, they kinda sorta made two qbs work for a season. It can't work forever. You're going to have to let your top pick sink or swim sooner or later.

37 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think he’s going to be out of a job pretty soon. Him dicking around with the QB position and OC position is what’s going to get him fired. 

I hope you’re right.  I think he’s done a great job so far.  I don’t think starting Tua was a mistake for the franchise going forward.  It was a mistake if winning in 2020 was the only thing on his mind.....which I don’t think is the case.  He coaching long term and playing Tua was smart imo.  Fitz isn’t the answer and the best case scenario for that team was make the playoffs and lose in round 1.  

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean so basically did San Francisco last season and they made the Superbowl....... admittedly that was a different situation because their HC calls the plays anyway and is an offensive guy. 

They are basically making Studesville run game coordinator and Godsey passing game coordinator. I don't think that in itself is flawed. But they need to work out who calls the plays. 

That’s a different situation.  No one has gone the co-coordinator route because it probably doesn’t work.

Miami interview some good candidates at OC like “Pep” Hamilton and Matt “Blame” Canada.  Glad they went with these two. Now, time to sell continuity to the fan base!