Former Bill [edit: Jim Leonard] to interview for 'Pack" DC

bigK14094

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Former Bill [edit: Jim Leonard] to interview for 'Pack" DC
2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

He was always touted as being very knowledgeable about the game as a player. The story was he made up for less than all world athletic ability by using his smarts to break down tendencies and plays. 

The entire Rex Ryan system hinged on his presence on the field. 

• Agree 1

Jim Leonard taught teammates the scheme while he was on the field. I remember George Wilson saying he owed a lot to him. Not surprising that he’s thriving as a DC, perhaps he’d even do a better job than Frazier...

He was a good player and has been a successful coach so far.  I expect Leonhard to continue to succeed and would not be surprised for him to climb the ladder and someday be a good head coach.  He's a very smart guy, seems to have a great work ethic, plus has the playing experience (college and NFL) that will command respect with the players.

Jim Leonhard is the type of former player that tends to make a good coach. He's a guy that succeeded on hard work and brains. He was never the most athletic guy. But he had smarts, instinct, and tenacity.

I wish him well until he plays the Bills.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Jim Leonhard was an underrated DB who was able to call coverages at the drop of a hat based on what the OC was doing.  He's done good work as DC at Wisconsin.  He'll be a good get for the Pack. 

Finally, someone who could spell his name right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Jim Leonhard was an underrated DB who was able to call coverages at the drop of a hat based on what the OC was doing.  He's done good work as DC at Wisconsin.  He'll be a good get for the Pack. 

You deserve recognition as the first poster  (including the OP in the title) that actually spelled his name correctly.

• Thank you (+1) 1