"Buffalo Bills on the Move!" Rare 1987 Bills single by Norm Cady. I haven't been able to find anything about this song, and I'm the first to digitize a copy for YouTube and Archive.org

Roundybout

This is a 1987 single by Norm Cady written for the upcoming Buffalo Bills season. I digitized the song off a cassette tape I purchased at an estate sale. I've been unable to find anything about it online, which leads me to believe it is fairly rare and was likely locally produced. If anyone knows anything about the song, let us know! 

The cassette is tagged "BUF-888." There is no information on it as to where it was produced, but a phone number is listed. The cassette has three versions of the same song on either side of the tape: the full version as heard here, an instrumental-only version, and an instrumental version with backing vocals. Listen closely and hear names like Jim Kelly, Shane Conlan, and Bruce Smith. Credits on the cassette are: Written and sung by Norm Cady. Produced by Gary R. Lynn. Copyright 1987 by Norman D. Cady. 

Enjoy this rare little piece of Bills history. Download at Archive.org

Edited by BillsEnthusiast
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, nashvillebills said:

Hey, this is cool!  Not for nothing, but uploading copy-written material to the internet without proper clearances is, well......

Did you get permission from the owner of the music to make it public?  

Believe me, I tried. It seems that Norm Cady passed away a few years ago. I was unable to locate the producer. If I receive a claim, I'll be quick to remove it. I try to credit everything, even the pictures. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Believe me, I tried. It seems that Norm Cady passed away a few years ago. I was unable to locate the producer. If I receive a claim, I'll be quick to remove it. I try to credit everything, even the pictures. 

I could be wrong, BE, but a quick Google troll makes me think you saw the obit for Norman N Cady, the father of Norman D Cady, the guy you're looking for. The link below gives some info on his current whereabouts, including a phone number:

https://clustrmaps.com/person/Cady-1aj1l6

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

1 hour ago, nashvillebills said:

Hey, this is cool!  Not for nothing, but uploading copy-written material to the internet without proper clearances is, well......

Did you get permission from the owner of the music to make it public?  

That's not really how YouTube works these days. YouTube monetizes songs for the copyright owner pretty automatically, so most of the music industry is ok with anyone uploading any song to YouTube. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

That's not really how YouTube works these days. YouTube monetizes songs for the copyright owner pretty automatically, so most of the music industry is ok with anyone uploading any song to YouTube. 

Yeah I've got a few old NFL films tapes on that channel too. Some have been taken down, the rest have been demonetized. I'm not looking to profit off anything, I just want to preserve them for others to enjoy. 

49 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

I could be wrong, BE, but a quick Google troll makes me think you saw the obit for Norman N Cady, the father of Norman D Cady, the guy you're looking for. The link below gives some info on his current whereabouts, including a phone number:

https://clustrmaps.com/person/Cady-1aj1l6

Good catch. That's exactly what I was looking at. My mistake. 

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Not really.  I have dozens of bookmarks of songs taken down.  In fact these days it is hard to report stuff for they took off link to report.

54 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Not really.  I have dozens of bookmarks of songs taken down.  In fact these days it is hard to report stuff for they took off link to report.

There's algorithms built into YT by the music publishing industry. In most cases, registered songs will be flagged but be allowed to remain up without penalty to the uploader, and the monetization will be directed to the copyright holder through the publishing company. 

Certain groups forbid this, and their songs are automatically pulled down... I can't imagine there's a guy out there that wrote a 1987 song about the Buffalo Bills who would prefere nobody be able to listen to his song.  

18 hours ago, Motorin' said:

There's algorithms built into YT by the music publishing industry. In most cases, registered songs will be flagged but be allowed to remain up without penalty to the uploader, and the monetization will be directed to the copyright holder through the publishing company. 

Certain groups forbid this, and their songs are automatically pulled down... I can't imagine there's a guy out there that wrote a 1987 song about the Buffalo Bills who would prefere nobody be able to listen to his song.  

This song on its own may be copyright infringement (not exactly sure how this works). This is a re-work (new lyrics) of an old Don Gibson song called "oh, lonesome me", covered and made popular again in the 90's by The Walkers