[Vague Title] deion jones falcons

dbfla10

4 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

Would you trade this years #1 for Deion Jones and let Milano walk this year, and Edmunds walk next year? Falcons are in cap trouble and look like they are rebuilding.

I love the player but that is a wild idea.

Let Milano walk, move Edmunds outside. Edmunds may benefit from being able to think less and focus on using his rare size and speed. 

Find an instinctive field general and get them in the middle of that D. Preferably someone with elite physicality. 

I’m hoping every move on the D side of the ball is made to beat KC. If you want to play zone against Mahomes you better come up and hit his WR and TE. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

I love the player but that is a wild idea.

Let Milano walk, move Edmunds outside. Edmunds may benefit from being able to think less and focus on using his rare size and speed. 

Find an instinctive field general and get them in the middle of that D. Preferably someone with elite physicality. 

I’m hoping every move on the D side of the ball is made to beat KC. If you want to play zone against Mahomes you better come up and hit his WR and TE. 

I say let Edmunds walk cause I dont think they could afford both him and jones. 

Edited by dbfla10
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

Would you trade this years #1 for Deion Jones and let Milano walk this year, and Edmunds walk next year? Falcons are in cap trouble and look like they are rebuilding.

No.  Thats way too much for a LB who would still cost about 10M per year (and isn't a pro bowler or all-pro).  

Atlanta gets no cap savings trading him this year either.  

Edited by dneveu

I say this as a guy who had a 1st round grade on Deion Jones coming out of LSU and as someone who absolutely loves the player, so maybe I'm biased, but yes, I'd consider it. When you look at the cap number he'd bring across (about $8.5m this year and about $10m next year) it is very manageable. And I really don't know that I think the Bills are going to be in a spot at #30 to get anyone close to Jones as an impact player for 2021 or 2022. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, dbfla10 said:

Teams rarely have a 1st round grade for a player that late in the round. Jones is by far better than any player the Bills could take at 30.. The window is now to make it to a SB.

The bolded is absolutely true. Having done a mock last night with different GMs for each team I really did not love the options for the Bills at #30. I think the Bills have a window that will extend for some years but Jones is only 26 it isn't like he is a 29 year old. 

24 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

No Freakin' Way.  What is there about Deion Jones that persuades you he is fit to hold Milano AND Edmunds cleats?  Yes, he's a good player, but if he were on our team we'd be all talking about how he isn't the impact player we expected.

11 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

Teams rarely have a 1st round grade for a player that late in the round. Jones is by far better than any player the Bills could take at 30.. The window is now to make it to a SB.

If they don't have a first round grade on a player that late in the round, then the thing to do is trade back into the 2nd for extra picks. 

Not forgo signing two of our "drafted and developed" talent for a guy who is no way a substitute for two of our best.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If they don't have a first round grade on a player that late in the round, then the thing to do is trade back into the 2nd for extra picks. 

Not forgo signing two of our "drafted and developed" talent for a guy who is no way a substitute for two of our best.

Or you trade up higher.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Edit: make the title something that indicates what about Deion Jones?  "Trade our 1st for Deion Jones and Replace Edmunds" or something.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I think you could trade for Jones and keep Edmund next year too. And Jones the next 3 years is cheaper than I think Milano will be. Over the next two years he will cost an AAV of just over $9m... the third year is a bit more expensive ($12.5m) but you can get out for $3m at that point. If Milano would take a $9m a year, 2 year deal, then I think almost everyone would want to sign him. Jones is better than Milano.

Trading back from #30 is an option (a very real one IMO) but an impact player still relatively young in his prime is an option too. And if we want to talk about needing speed on defense..... Jones is FAST. 

20 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

But the Falcons get no cap relief anyways so I don't see any possibilities.

This bit is true. I don't see it from the Falcons perspective. Give up one of your best players, only 26 years old and save less than $1m. 

Edited by GunnerBill

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We’re not exactly talking about a top 10 pick here.  

A late 1st for a proven player is at least worth discussing.

Noah Igbinoghene 

Deandre Baker 

Mike Hughes 

T. J. Watt

Vernon Butler 

Damarious Randall 

Jimmie Ward 

Alec Ogletree 

AJ Jenkins 

Muhammad Wilkerson 

Jahvid Best 

Last 10 years of pick #30.  1 great player, 2 good players.

Oh nooooooooooooooooo

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The bolded is absolutely true. Having done a mock last night with different GMs for each team I really did not love the options for the Bills at #30. I think the Bills have a window that will extend for some years but Jones is only 26 it isn't like he is a 29 year old. 

Who was there at 30 for us?

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Noah Igbinoghene 

Deandre Baker 

Mike Hughes 

T. J. Watt

Vernon Butler 

Damarious Randall 

Jimmie Ward 

Alec Ogletree 

AJ Jenkins 

Muhammad Wilkerson 

Jahvid Best 

Last 10 years of pick #30.  1 great player, 2 good players.

Oh nooooooooooooooooo

There’s too much value put on draft picks, especially 1st rounders. I’m guilty of this too.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Who was there at 30 for us?

So I wasn't the guy making the Bills pick but I was assisting the guy who did (it was for Matt Miller's new site). We had a list of 5 targets... the 5th of which was Najee Harris (more his doing than mine) but he was the only one of our 5 left. I don't think there were any first round graded players left (based on the work I've done so far). We took Najee because it was a 1 round mock and a bit of fun.... in reality in that scenario I'd have traded out of the round I think.