Bills Today | ESPN offers this ranking for the Bills 2020 draft class. 9th best.

On 2/2/2021 at 5:25 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Zack Moss (No. 86 overall),

Gabriel Davis (No. 128 overall)

cornerback Dane Jackson (No. 239 overall) producing well above expectation relative to their respective draft slots.

Epenesa struggled in run defense, posting a poor 50.4 grade across 130 such snaps. His pass-rushing output also left a lot to be desired.

He recorded a 67.1 pass-rushing grade in 2020, with half of his 20 pressures being charted as unblocked or cleanup.

Bass - 

FG ATTEMPTED   34 T-7 

FG MADE   28 T-9th

PAT ATTEMPTED   59 2nd

PAT MADE   57 T-2nd

50+ FG ATTEMPTED - 6    MADE - 4

* Stat rankings versus all other K

FWIW ESPN rated Epenesa as the second best DE in the draft following only Chase Young.

On 2/1/2021 at 7:42 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Best value pick: While Davis produced inconsistently from game to game, there were a handful of times this season where the fourth-rounder looked like anything but a Day 3 selection. He had three single-game grades above 84.0, joining Minnesota's Justin Jefferson as the only first-year receivers to accomplish that feat. Davis also ranked in the top three among rookies in 20-plus yard receptions (11).

So typical 

how do they not mention Bass?

(More specifically). Unless it’s mentioned in the + access. 

The part I highlighted red made me think about the Diggs trade...some have said that since the Vikes got Justin Jefferson with our 1st round pick, they actually came out ahead in the trade (i.e., we could have stayed put and just picked Jefferson). But not only does Diggs come with more experience and leadership than Jefferson (as good as the kid looks), but we also came away with Gabe, who is being compared to Jefferson (despite not having the massive yardage output that Jefferson had this season). Now I'm not saying Gabe is as good as Jefferson, right now, but he's at least comparable in potential.

Jefferson:  88 rec/125 tar     1,400 yards     15.9 y/rec     7 TDs     70.4 catch %

Davis:  35 rec/62 tar     599 yards     17.1 y/rec     7 TDs     56.6 catch %    

(If you prorated Gabe's stats out to the same # of targets as Jefferson, he would have had 1,208 yards---just needs to improve that catch % and have more opportunities. He did have the same number of TDs with more than 50% fewer targets.)

Stefon & Gabe > Jefferson

Now, I know Gabe really doesn't weigh in when you are just talking about the trade with the Vikings (because we didn't get that pick from the Vikes, it was ours). And trades are always so difficult to ever truly assess because there are so many moving parts (and teams wouldn't pick the same player, etc.), but here is kind of where it currently stands (as best as I can figure) as far as compensation for each team:

THE BILLLS received:

WR Stefon Diggs

CB Dane Jackson (7th rounder from the Vikings)

THE VIKINGS received (this is not exactly what the Bills gave up, but what the Vikings made out of it):

WR Justin Jefferson (1st round pick from the Bills)

2021 4th round pick (acquired from Bears for Bills 2020 5th round pick - Bears selected DE Trevis Gipson from Tulsa with the original 5th round pick) 

2021 4th round pick from the Bills in Diggs trade

2021 5th round pick (acquired from the Ravens for swapping 2020 6th round picks and the Vikes giving up the 2020 6th rounder from the Bills)

4 minutes ago, folz said:

The part I highlighted red made me think about the Diggs trade...some have said that since the Vikes got Justin Jefferson with our 1st round pick, they actually came out ahead in the trade (i.e., we could have stayed put and just picked Jefferson). But not only does Diggs come with more experience and leadership than Jefferson (as good as the kid looks), but we also came away with Gabe, who is being compared to Jefferson (despite not having the massive yardage output that Jefferson had this season). Now I'm not saying Gabe is as good as Jefferson, right now, but he's at least comparable in potential.

Jefferson:  88 rec/125 tar     1,400 yards     15.9 y/rec     7 TDs     70.4 catch %

Davis:  35 rec/62 tar     599 yards     17.1 y/rec     7 TDs     56.6 catch %    

(If you prorated Gabe's stats out to the same # of targets as Jefferson, he would have had 1,208 yards---just needs to improve that catch % and have more opportunities. He did have the same number of TDs with more than 50% fewer targets.)

Stefon & Gabe > Jefferson

Now, I know Gabe really doesn't weigh in when you are just talking about the trade with the Vikings (because we didn't get that pick from the Vikes, it was ours). And trades are always so difficult to ever truly assess because there are so many moving parts (and teams wouldn't pick the same player, etc.), but here is kind of where it currently stands (as best as I can figure) as far as compensation for each team:

THE BILLLS received:

WR Stefon Diggs

CB Dane Jackson (7th rounder from the Vikings)

THE VIKINGS received (this is not exactly what the Bills gave up, but what the Vikings made out of it):

WR Justin Jefferson (1st round pick from the Bills)

2021 4th round pick (acquired from Bears for Bills 2020 5th round pick - Bears selected DE Trevis Gipson from Tulsa with the original 5th round pick) 

2021 4th round pick from the Bills in Diggs trade

2021 5th round pick (acquired from the Ravens for swapping 2020 6th round picks and the Vikes giving up the 2020 6th rounder from the Bills)

WRT the trade....  

The Bills improved immensely while the Vikes dropped from 10-6 to 7-9.  

• Like (+1) 1