Bills Today | ESPN offers this ranking for the Bills 2020 draft class. 9th best.

Best value pick: While Davis produced inconsistently from game to game, there were a handful of times this season where the fourth-rounder looked like anything but a Day 3 selection. He had three single-game grades above 84.0, joining Minnesota's Justin Jefferson as the only first-year receivers to accomplish that feat. Davis also ranked in the top three among rookies in 20-plus yard receptions (11).

So typical 

how do they not mention Bass?

(More specifically). Unless it’s mentioned in the + access. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Best value pick: While Davis produced inconsistently from game to game, there were a handful of times this season where the fourth-rounder looked like anything but a Day 3 selection. He had three single-game grades above 84.0, joining Minnesota's Justin Jefferson as the only first-year receivers to accomplish that feat. Davis also ranked in the top three among rookies in 20-plus yard receptions (11).

So typical 

Nope, wasn't mentioned in the + Access part either.  They did mention 7th rounder Jackson though. LOL

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Yeah but we didn't draft Diggs. He was drafted in 2015.

Let me repeat word for word what I wrote "Which obviously does not include Diggs which was how we used the first round pick" stating blatantly that he was not drafted with the first pick but was the player we got with the first pick( and a little more)

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Which obviously does not include Diggs which was how we used the first round pick. So if he was included I would bet we would be top 3 at worst.

And don't forget there were 5th and 6th round picks in the 2020 draft included in the Diggs deal. Two more chances for Beane & Co. to flex their late round muscles again! 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

I thought it was a good trade, but now that you put it this way

That wasn't a comment on the trade. I'll always think it was a bargain for the Bills.

But if we're talking about grading our 2020 draft (and not including Diggs in the equation), the "what might've been" 1st, 5th and 6th rounders need to be at least considered.

Zack Moss (No. 86 overall),

Gabriel Davis (No. 128 overall)

cornerback Dane Jackson (No. 239 overall) producing well above expectation relative to their respective draft slots.

Epenesa struggled in run defense, posting a poor 50.4 grade across 130 such snaps. His pass-rushing output also left a lot to be desired.

He recorded a 67.1 pass-rushing grade in 2020, with half of his 20 pressures being charted as unblocked or cleanup.

Bass - 

FG ATTEMPTED   34 T-7 

FG MADE   28 T-9th

PAT ATTEMPTED   59 2nd

PAT MADE   57 T-2nd

50+ FG ATTEMPTED - 6    MADE - 4

* Stat rankings versus all other K

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

So typical 

Poor Bass.  The kicker is so much not part of the team that he doesn't even get mentioned as a value on draft day. 😅🙄

We Love You Bass!

It's worth noting that our 1st round pick was effectively Diggs, or did they mention that somehow?

12 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Let me repeat word for word what I wrote "Which obviously does not include Diggs which was how we used the first round pick" stating blatantly that he was not drafted with the first pick but was the player we got with the first pick( and a little more)

Don't sweat it, Timmy, he's on a Roll

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

The Bills need to continue the trend given cap constraints. 

Good call, BB. With 20+% of the cap going to Josh in 2 years (or less), we need to have 4-5 draft picks make the 53-man roster each and every year for the foreseeable future, with the positions being dependent on which cap casualty vets get jettisoned along the way.

Having a great QB in today's NFL is both a blessing and a curse. What a way to live!

I think we had a really good draft class.  Interestingly, the class seemingly has more impact players AFTER the third round.  Epensea is a ? at this point, Moss was trending very well before his injury and is likely the starter on paper next season who will compete with a rookie/FA; Gabe Davis looked like a 2nd round WR at worst; Bass looks like a pro-bowl kicker, and Dane Jackson looks like a legit CB 2 from the limited play he's been given.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

So typical 

I have the Bills 2020 draft objectively as the most value extracted among all 32 teams draft classes this season. 

Bills best at extracting value from the draft since 2017. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1