Reunited with my 1970 football cards

Ra-cha-cha

I thought I lost these for sure in a move, in 1985.  The person who I moved from back then recently contacted me and asked me if I wanted my stuff.  Without going into any specifics about the move, I am very glad to have been reunited with these 1970 memories..........

a IMG_4122.jpg

a IMG_4123.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Fantastic.

You have some great ones there. classic old AFL superstars like Namath and OJ in his second year (too bad you dont have the rookie card, at one point it was worth a stupid amount of money).

That is his rookie card. This is one of my favorite sets too... the back of the cards are pretty cool. Sometime notes what a players job was during the offseason... Garo Y was a necktie salesman of all things.

Edited by T&C
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

I had the entire set, collected them the old school way, one pack at a time.  I'll never forget that the last card I needed was Packers backup quarterback Don 
Horn.

I came to cards in 1973.  I was 8 years old.  I remember buying pack after pack, putting together nearly an entire set.  I had multiples of all the Bills players, but never could pull an OJ Simpson.  The brothers who lived next door to me, who always had the best toys, the best everything, collected cards too.  They had 4 of the Simpson cards. I tried every trade combo I could think of for that one card.  The older brother wouldn't budge.  Finally, I went all Mike Ditka on him, and offered him every single card I owned (up to that point, it was lots of 1973 football, hockey and basketball) for that one damn card. Every Buffalo Bill, Sabre and Brave. He finally accepted my offer.  

I have amassed a pretty huge card collection over the decades, but that one card is still my most treasured card. You can probably get a nice one now for about $10.00  It was a beauty.  At that time, most of the football cards were kind of portrait shots of the player, with no helmet.  But this card had an action shot of Juice, mid "shake and bake" move, as a Bears linebacker (#60 Wally Chambers) is tailing behind him.  Just a beautiful card...the only complaint, OJ's helmet is just solid white, as they didn't have copyright for logos.  

image.png.0062b0466da4814ef9f1b3c672570ec1.png

19 hours ago, Ra-cha-cha said:

I thought I lost these for sure in a move, in 1985.  The person who I moved from back then recently contacted me and asked me if I wanted my stuff.  Without going into any specifics about the move, I am very glad to have been reunited with these 1970 memories..........

a IMG_4122.jpg

a IMG_4123.jpg

Those boxes are probably worth more than most of the cards!  Very nice!

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.