Why Mahomes is Mahomes

zow2

Saw him in an interview, and he's talking about how cool it would be to be the repeat champs, etc..  He's excited for it.  He wasn't being cocky or arrogant, but he just has a confidence and swag about him.  The guy is not rattled whatsoever by the big stage and the big moment.  He knows going in that he will play well, it's not even a question.  That combined with his arm, athletic ability and QB IQ, is a pretty lethal combination.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 6
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1

They have the best team in the NFL. Sure, Mahomes may very well be the future GOAT, but gosh darn that team is loaded. They can run, they can pass, their defense is loaded. Their coaching is so good that they squeeze every last drop of potential out of mid round, late round and even undrafted players. Very good everything.

• Like (+1) 1

Mahomes is great.  

He also has the best offensive coaching and weapons in football.  

Both can be true - It only frustrates me when the same people who won't acknowledge this, (simply due to Mahomes always having that coaching and those weapons) then act like Allen's improvement is directly tied to Stephon Diggs.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's the most naturally gifted passer the NFL has ever seen and it's not really close.    

He also doesn't have any negative characteristics that could be his downfall.

If he stays healthy the top QB spot is his to lose for the next 10 years.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not to mention an actual running game

They averaged 5 more yards than us. Their running game was hardly special. Especially when you have Mahomes. 

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Mahomes is great.  

He also has the best offensive coaching and weapons in football.  

Both can be true - It only frustrates me when the same people who won't acknowledge this, (simply due to Mahomes always having that coaching and those weapons) then act like Allen's improvement is directly tied to Stephon Diggs.  

Dude is an Offside penalty from going to his 3rd SB in his first 3 year starting. It’s insane and a lot of that was carrying a subpar defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

47 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Saw him in an interview, and he's talking about how cool it would be to be the repeat champs, etc..  He's excited for it.  He wasn't being cocky or arrogant, but he just has a confidence and swag about him.  The guy is not rattled whatsoever by the big stage and the big moment.  He knows going in that he will play well, it's not even a question.  That combined with his arm, athletic ability and QB IQ, is a pretty lethal combination.  

Just because he's likable, that doesn't mean it's not arrogance. If Brady says the exact same things, we start praying the words get lodged in his throat, and he dies of asphyxiation.

He’s faced very little adversity. 
Hill has barely missed more than 2-3 games and stayed healthy. Kelce is mostly always healthy. He has the perfect setup. Always has since day one. I think people forget how great that team looked with Alex smith sometimes. 
Of course he’ll still be good without those guys but I doubt they dominate the league if Kelce tore an ACL or Hill broke an ankle or something. 
He’s human. He throws a lot of bad balls too. He’s a top 5-10 quarterback with just about any supporting cast but he’s not just sooooooooo much better than any other quarterback to ever play after 3 seasons. I don’t want to take away from his accomplishments cause he still had to execute the offense and make those throws. There’s a happy medium to OH MY GOD HE IS THE BEST EVER and he’s a product of the team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

This is amazing analysis.  Right up there with, "the sky is blue" and "water is wet".  🤣🤣🤣🤣

It never ceases to amaze me, how many people comment about how stupid a thread is, or a dumb analysis.. but then proceed to read the thread and comment on it?!?  

Anyway- for the record I am aware how talented the KC offensive personnel is, as well as their defense and coaching.   

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1