Source: LB Matt Milano looking for “top dollar” in FA

YoloinOhio

All sorts of angles to pursue - getting a flashy FA like Haason Reddick, giving Dodson a chance, spending a high draft pick on a sure-thing, a value FA like how Darryl Williams was for us this year, spending a mid-round pick like how Milano was (only for him to gradually take over), a completely unexpected trade...

Let's see! I'm sure we all have full faith, confidence, and optimism in this staff figuring it out

The Raiders have a free agent named Nicholas Morrow who I think could be a low key Milano replacement.     He doesn't get as much publicity as Milano but he is a similar player.  I think the Raiders want to bring him back, but if he gets to the tampering period without signing a contract I would for sure put in a call to his agent. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

Is his replacement on the team. OR what about Denzel Perrymen from the Chargers. Or (havent seen his contract) Bills give up a pick for Shaq Thompson. 

Lol I’m guessing you’ve never actually watched shaq Thompson play have you?? 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My hope and prediction is that his actual long term replacement is in the draft. 2nd/3rd round. And a vet will be signed as well in FA who is starting caliber but not a superstar in the short term as they ease in the rookie.

How many are worthy of being drafted in the First 3 rounds this year? 

3 minutes ago, anguskeenan said:

Isn't Klein a virtual lock to be on the team given the way his contract is structured versus the cap? Why wouldn't it just be Edmonds and Klein/Dodson with a long-term replacement by draft? 

I think they're comfortable with that. They will need someone for nickle, which is their base defense. 3rd safety could be a sneaky signing this offseason. Someone that likes to play around the line of scrimmage and cover TEs. 

Just Finished watching the Seahawks/Bills game yesterday, Klein had a monster day and so did Edmonds. I think that they work well together. I don't think Milano is going to get the money he thinks given his injury history.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, anguskeenan said:

Isn't Klein a virtual lock to be on the team given the way his contract is structured versus the cap? Why wouldn't it just be Edmonds and Klein/Dodson with a long-term replacement by draft? 

He will definitely be on the team. Still think they add one too before the draft, ie kirksey, because they won’t know for sure how the draft will play out. Plus they need to get to 90 players. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/1/2021 at 11:26 AM, RyanC883 said:

Not sure that AFC Championship game helped him.  He's an above-average LB, albeit replaceable.  How many of those tackles were TFL?  

yeah just casual analysis seems like he made a lot of tackles 6-8 yards down field falling backwards.  I may live to regret this but I'd rather have a LB, at least one, that thumps runners at the LoS even if he misses sometimes

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you're an advocate of adding Kirksey, why?

Not advocating as much as connecting dots. Bills were very much after him last year so they must see a fit. He is a versatile LB who would have rotated with Edmunds and Milano last year.  this year he would rotate with Edmunds and Klein. He also played a ton of ST when he was in Cleveland. He’s the type of player that McDermott likes.