Source: LB Matt Milano looking for “top dollar” in FA

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Edmunds also struggled badly on Kelce. If I had a choice between Edmunds and Milano I’d go Milano hands down. Unfortunately they don’t have that choice. 

Still, the defense struggled all year with and without Milano. They need to get better upfront fist and foremost. Let him walk. 

This my point,  why pay big money when neither guy could even slow Kelce down.  Upgrade the position if your paying big bucks

• Like (+1) 1

Well he shouldn't get it from Buffalo, hopefully for him he finds what he wants.

Our lack of ability to cover TEs (all TEs not just kelce, we were nearly worst in the league against them) doesn't scream keep the band together. Get Edmunds some help, Edmunds isn't all pro level but he definitely has potential. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Wins get you top dollar.

I don’t know if the value is there for Matt, but he may be our second or third best defensive player.

this is perhaps true, but we don't have many "elite/top dollar" defensive players.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Edmunds also struggled badly on Kelce. If I had a choice between Edmunds and Milano I’d go Milano hands down. Unfortunately they don’t have that choice. 

Still, the defense struggled all year with and without Milano. They need to get better upfront fist and foremost. Let him walk. 

Milano is our better LB and if Edmunds was a FA first I think we’d keep Milano over him. 

Just bad timing.

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

This my point,  why pay big money when neither guy could even slow Kelce down.  Upgrade the position if your paying big bucks

Who do you recommend that can stop Kelce? 

• Like (+1) 1

Rough year to hit FA for the first time. 

If there's no indication fans can return to stadiums where it makes real money for teams, I expect most of the league to mind those expenses again this year and keep the powder dry.  

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don't even want to pay Milano fair dollar, simply because I don't think it makes sense to pay two linebackers big money with a top tier QB1 contract hitting the books.   

Definitely not on board with paying him top dollar for the position.  

If Edmunds is who McDermott wants to hitch his wagon to, pay him next year and sign a cheaper vet or draft a LB or two to compete for the other spot.  

I believe our brand is higher,  we should no longer be paying huge money for average talent.  We should get the same type of deals the Patriots were getting on solid vet players. Enough of this overpaying nonsense,  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Either Beane or McDermott said in their post season press conference that Milano deserved the chance to do the best for him but, budget wise, we wouldn’t be able to pay him what he probably deserves so they must be planning for this.

I think he can do a job for us if he returns but otherwise best of luck to him.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Milano is our better LB and if Edmunds was a FA first I think we’d keep Milano over him. 

Just bad timing.

I would need to look at who is available but you can cross our two guys off that list for sure and your not getting past KC unless you stop him & Hill

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Just bad timing.

Please, please stop.  Milano is NOT, I repeat, NOT better than Edmunds.  People here are ridiculous to think so.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

I would need to look at who is available but you can cross our two guys off that list for sure and your not getting past KC unless you stop him & Hill

The way anyone beats Kansas City in full flow is offensively, by winning a high scoring game. Unless lucky enough to catch them on an off day they won’t be kept to a low score.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

well Cody Ford comes back to the right side so I think he slides to RT so the RG is the open starter (I expect Ike B to be tendered brought back as well at LG).  Feliciano at RG is cheaper than a RT and he can slide to backup C - so the analysis is Ford versus Williams at RT...Wiliiams had 9 penalties and 7 sacks at RT last season.  PFF had Williams as the 40th best FA avail with Milano as the 37th FWIW

Replacing Williams with Ford at RT is a step down.   Unless Ford develops better tackle mobility and stays healthy- two things he has yet to do.  

Replacing Milano with a rookie could also be a step down.  

I hope at least one of Williams or Milano can be retained.   

8 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Haha if you find the UFA that can stop Kelce, I’m sure that several GM’s would be interested, make sure you forward them your list!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Please, please stop.  Milano is NOT, I repeat, NOT better than Edmunds.  People here are ridiculous to think so.  

We need gamechangers. 

Even if people aren't sold on Edmunds, he has game-changing potential.  Yes, it's frustrating that he only flashes that potential and everything else is chalked up to his youth, but it's there.  That's who you pay.   Not Milano.. the definition of above average player who is NOT an impact player. 

• Like (+1) 3