Source: LB Matt Milano looking for “top dollar” in FA

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, Kelsayrundefense said:

As he should

Exactly-always made me laugh when people on here continue to say things like “he’s a team player” or “I read he’s a minimalist so he doesn’t really care about money” as if having money doesn’t make you those things. What is he supposed to say anyway-“you know what, I would really like to get paid less than what I feel I’m worth” 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Milano doesnt deserve top dollar at his position.  He deserves 80% of a top five at his position contract.   If you aren't playing 20% of the time, you only get 80% of the pay.

Bottom line, you pay guys who score touchdowns top dollar. 

That suggests that guys who prevent touchdowns are highly valuable as well. 

Milano was suppose to be a guy athletic enough to cover TEs. Bills gave up more receptions to TE this year than any other team. Hes not a strong "box" LB as he really struggles against the run. Not real sure what the payoff is to pay him top dollar... Bills will let him walk, sign an AJ klein type guy and draft young.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

He hurt our feelings, so now hes not an NFL caliber player?

You missed the point.  Milano’s a really good player but his body just isn’t going to hold up for many more seasons.  I hope we re-sign him.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Milano doesnt deserve top dollar at his position.  He deserves 80% of a top five at his position contract.   If you aren't playing 20% of the time, you only get 80% of the pay.

Bottom line, you pay guys who score touchdowns top dollar. 

Wins get you top dollar.

I don’t know if the value is there for Matt, but he may be our second or third best defensive player.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://fansided.com/2021/02/01/bills-free-agent-matt-milano-looking-top-dollar-free-agency/

In the latest Stacking the Box column, FanSided’s national NFL reporter Matt Verderame has heard from a source that linebacker Matt Milano is looking for “top dollar” in free agency.

“Per source, Milano is looking for top-dollar at his position,”  writes Verderame. “Although he’s without Pro Bowl or All-Pro accolades, Milano has been a playmaker and culture-maker. The fourth-year man has racked up 101 tackles in 2019 and then 3.5 sacks and win hits in 2020, while providing quality coverage. He’ll have a strong market.”

https://fansided.com/2021/02/01/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-super-bowl-preview/

Good luck with that,  he is not worth anything more than 8-10 mllion which is more than fair IMO,  he misses tackles and is not even a pro bowl player.  I think he is good but not great and once you start paying good players crazy money your roster will never be able to add talent and improve.  Just look at Kelce in our championship game,  if this guy was great why could he not shut Kelce down?. 

So were going to pay him more money and still have no player good enough to cover KELCE, let him walk and just upgrade the position. I said before the championship game if Milano can shut down Kelve then i would pay whatever he wants.  The fact is he could not even contain him,  our LB position is weak and one of worse at covering TE'S in all of the NFL.   Like i said 8-10 mllion or let him go,  the nonsense of culture is BS TALK.  Unless you're locked in a closet everyone knows Allen & our offence carried the team this season. 

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't even want to pay Milano fair dollar, simply because I don't think it makes sense to pay two linebackers big money with a top tier QB1 contract hitting the books.   

Definitely not on board with paying him top dollar for the position.  

If Edmunds is who McDermott wants to hitch his wagon to, pay him next year and sign a cheaper vet or draft a LB or two to compete for the other spot.  

• Like (+1) 3