Source: LB Matt Milano looking for “top dollar” in FA

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://fansided.com/2021/02/01/bills-free-agent-matt-milano-looking-top-dollar-free-agency/

In the latest Stacking the Box column, FanSided’s national NFL reporter Matt Verderame has heard from a source that linebacker Matt Milano is looking for “top dollar” in free agency.

“Per source, Milano is looking for top-dollar at his position,”  writes Verderame. “Although he’s without Pro Bowl or All-Pro accolades, Milano has been a playmaker and culture-maker. The fourth-year man has racked up 101 tackles in 2019 and then 3.5 sacks and win hits in 2020, while providing quality coverage. He’ll have a strong market.”

https://fansided.com/2021/02/01/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-super-bowl-preview/

Yeh he was nonexistent in the Chiefs game time to turn the page 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

well Cody Ford comes back to the right side so I think he slides to RT so the RG is the open starter (I expect Ike B to be tendered brought back as well at LG).  Feliciano at RG is cheaper than a RT and he can slide to backup C - so the analysis is Ford versus Williams at RT...Wiliiams had 9 penalties and 7 sacks at RT last season.  PFF had Williams as the 40th best FA avail with Milano as the 37th FWIW

I doubt Ford will be the starting RT this year.  If he is, we are in trouble.  Big trouble

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

well Cody Ford comes back to the right side so I think he slides to RT so the RG is the open starter (I expect Ike B to be tendered brought back as well at LG).  Feliciano at RG is cheaper than a RT and he can slide to backup C - so the analysis is Ford versus Williams at RT...Wiliiams had 9 penalties and 7 sacks at RT last season.  PFF had Williams as the 40th best FA avail with Milano as the 37th FWIW

I get letting milano walk here, but thats leaves almost zero excuse to let Williams walk too.  He was a stud this year, NO REASON AT ALL TO CREATE NEW HOLES.  You can only plug so many holes w/ the draft and id rather use them to actually upgrade then spin our tires, and get less production at the same time

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Well... I wouldn't pay him top dollar for a LB. Our LB corps was far from scary.

Can't blame the man for wanting to get paid. It's a short career and he knows how one injury at the wrong time could cost you tens of millions of dollars. 

Use the $$ to re-sign Feliciano and maybe even Williams on the OL. 

Agree, take care of the O line and keep josh from regressing by keeping the pocket clean. Unfortunately if we were able to keep Milano we could have afforded more of a glamor pick in the first like an RB or some offensive weapon. But if Milano is out the door, that pick has to be best LB available.

• Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Good for him

No way I'm paying top LB for him, good player for sure but it's a hard no for me 

We will see what he is actually looking for, its not like he was gonna come out and say " ya im looking to take a team friendly deal" but if he really does demand top dollar, that's a hard no for buffalo.