Source: LB Matt Milano looking for “top dollar” in FA

YoloinOhio

https://fansided.com/2021/02/01/bills-free-agent-matt-milano-looking-top-dollar-free-agency/

In the latest Stacking the Box column, FanSided’s national NFL reporter Matt Verderame has heard from a source that linebacker Matt Milano is looking for “top dollar” in free agency.

“Per source, Milano is looking for top-dollar at his position,”  writes Verderame. “Although he’s without Pro Bowl or All-Pro accolades, Milano has been a playmaker and culture-maker. The fourth-year man has racked up 101 tackles in 2019 and then 3.5 sacks and win hits in 2020, while providing quality coverage. He’ll have a strong market.”

https://fansided.com/2021/02/01/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-super-bowl-preview/

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well... I wouldn't pay him top dollar for a LB. Our LB corps was far from scary.

Can't blame the man for wanting to get paid. It's a short career and he knows how one injury at the wrong time could cost you tens of millions of dollars. 

Use the $$ to re-sign Feliciano and maybe even Williams on the OL. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 25
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://fansided.com/2021/02/01/bills-free-agent-matt-milano-looking-top-dollar-free-agency/

In the latest Stacking the Box column, FanSided’s national NFL reporter Matt Verderame has heard from a source that linebacker Matt Milano is looking for “top dollar” in free agency.

“Per source, Milano is looking for top-dollar at his position,”  writes Verderame. “Although he’s without Pro Bowl or All-Pro accolades, Milano has been a playmaker and culture-maker. The fourth-year man has racked up 101 tackles in 2019 and then 3.5 sacks and win hits in 2020, while providing quality coverage. He’ll have a strong market.”

https://fansided.com/2021/02/01/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-super-bowl-preview/

Not sure that AFC Championship game helped him.  He's an above-average LB, albeit replaceable.  How many of those tackles were TFL?  

• Agree 4

Guess Frazier better get used to using Klein the way he was in the Seattle and Charger games.  Unless Milano is vastly overestimating his market, which he might be considering the cap situation, I doubt the Bills resign him. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Guess Frazier better get used to using Klein the way he was in the Seattle and Charger games.  Unless Milano is vastly overestimating his market, which he might be considering the cap situation, I doubt the Bills resign him. 

Klein will be here per his contract which improves flexibility but I expect a fair offer to Milano and then a plan to replace him in the draft if he takes more elsewhere. I think the LB position is easier to replace on the draft, and get immediate production from as a rookie,  than say RT. 

• Like (+1) 20
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Well... I wouldn't pay him top dollar for a LB. Our LB corps was far from scary.

Can't blame the man for wanting to get paid. It's a short career and he knows how one injury at the wrong time could cost you tens of millions of dollars. 

Use the $$ to re-sign Feliciano and maybe even Williams on the OL. 

well Cody Ford comes back to the right side so I think he slides to RT so the RG is the open starter (I expect Ike B to be tendered brought back as well at LG).  Feliciano at RG is cheaper than a RT and he can slide to backup C - so the analysis is Ford versus Williams at RT...Wiliiams had 9 penalties and 7 sacks at RT last season.  PFF had Williams as the 40th best FA avail with Milano as the 37th FWIW

1 minute ago, First Round Bust said:

well Cody Ford comes back to the right side so I think he slides to RT so the RG is the open starter (I expect Ike B to be tendered brought back as well at LG).  Feliciano at RG is cheaper than a RT and he can slide to backup C - so the analysis is Ford versus Williams at RT...Wiliiams had 9 penalties and 7 sacks at RT last season.  PFF had Williams as the 40th best FA avail with Milano as the 37th FWIW

I don't love the idea of Ford at RT. RG maybe, but not tackle. 

I would definitely re-sign Feliciano because of his versatility and the role he plays bringing some personality to the OL. He isn't going to cost a ton of $$. 

Williams depends on the $$ he will command, I think. We might get lucky with teams strapped for cash and get him back for another 1 year deal with the idea that he can cash in next season when there's more $$ to be had. That allows us time to draft and develop a guy at tackle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

I expect them to resign Williams and Ford to RG. Maybe that’s optimistic on Williams but I expect an emphasis on the OL this offseason. I predict Morse to be cut, resign Mongo to play Center. Camp competition at LG.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 8

I think were gonna see both Milano and Daryl Williams go. They are going to get big money elsewhere. It seems to mean Beane will be digging into bargains/cut players this year. This is the beginning of the replacing Free Agents with "Draft well" guys.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Klein will be here per his contract which improves flexibility but I expect a fair offer to Milano and then a plan to replace him in the draft if he takes more elsewhere. I think the LB position is easier to replace on the draft, and get immediate production from as a rookie,  than say RT. 

Pete Werner would look good in a Bills uni, don't you think Yolo? :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 5