How Allen will Work to become a better QB

8 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Not sure I can read it if Nick Wright didn't contribute. He has so much knowledgeable information on Josh.

Bills fans seriously need to stop paying attention to that guy. He says ridiculous stuff on purpose because he knows hundreds of bills fans will get all worked up over it and amplify his comments.

He’s a troll that craves attention. Don’t give it to him.

(this comment is not directed at you, just talking in general). 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Josh had playoff Yips last season against Houston and got over them.

Josh had playoff Yips this season in the AFFCG leading to the SB.  He will get over them as well.

Not to beat a dead horse.  Get Josh a run game and watch him get even better mentally, not having to do it all himself.

PERSPECTIVE 

Would you think of a 29 year old quarterback, playing really well, in the top QB stats and wins as too old to improve, or not able to? 

Josh has 5 NFL seasons to develop before he even gets there. Think about that...

We have so many great years of football ahead of us. Let’s enjoy the chase as fans and support our man under center. 

Dude is ballin’ out and I can’t wait to see what’s next!

Go Bills! 🏈💯

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Josh had playoff Yips last season against Houston and got over them.

Josh had playoff Yips this season in the AFFCG leading to the SB.  He will get over them as well.

Not to beat a dead horse.  Get Josh a run game and watch him get even better mentally, not having to do it all himself.

Knowing Josh there probably will be a element of improvement to his game from 2020. His deep ball albeit better needs some more fine tuning. He has to learn to stop taking these 25 yard sacks. Throw the ball away before you actually step out of bounds. And calm your nerves a little before games, especially big games. Daboll has to give him a better run game. This will be critical to beat KC.

Get better around Allen starting with the TE position. If you want to beat the K C Chiefs Buffalo needs to get more physical. Use the Andy Reid football team like a blueprint. Buffalo needs a Kelce. To me this should be Buffalo's top priority. Josh Allen is intelligent with the drive and the tenacity it takes to become a champion IMO. Allen will continue finding ways to hone his craft IMO. Buffalo needs to continue upgrading the team around him. Najee Harris is the next best thing you can do for Allen IMO. Myself personally, you can't keep swinging and missing at the RB position. Hit the home room.

Edited by Figster

2 hours ago, Figster said:

Get better around Allen starting with the TE position. If you want to beat the K C Chiefs Buffalo needs to get more physical. Use the Andy Reid football team like a blueprint. Buffalo needs a Kelce. To me this should be Buffalo's top priority. Josh Allen is intelligent with the drive and the tenacity it takes to become a champion IMO. Allen will continue finding ways to hone his craft IMO. Buffalo needs to continue upgrading the team around him. Najee Harris is the next best thing you can do for Allen IMO. Myself personally, you can't keep swinging and missing at the RB position. Hit the home room.

If you mosey over to the "how to improve the run game" thread and keep a watch on Cover1, as far as run game goes there's reason to share blame.

I think we need an upgrade on OL, myself, as well as an upgrade in "work on it"

Good luck finding Kelce or Kittle, though I believe an upgrade at TE is due.

Allen has opportunities to hit throws to RB or Knox he's not taking, that could move the spheroid down the field.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you mosey over to the "how to improve the run game" thread and keep a watch on Cover1, as far as run game goes there's reason to share blame.

I think we need an upgrade on OL, myself, as well as an upgrade in "work on it"

Good luck finding Kelce or Kittle, though I believe an upgrade at TE is due.

Allen has opportunities to hit throws to RB or Knox he's not taking, that could move the spheroid down the field.

Singletary falls flat on his face in what should have been a big gainer. Oline had zero to do with it. Like Singletary Knox drops footballs. Good TE's don't drop footballs. 

Good luck you say on drafting the next Kelce? How about good scouting and the right amount of attention on a postion that increases Buffalo's physicallity in the passing game that is long over due.

Allens ball distribution appears to coincide with the the amount of confidence Allen gains by the individual achievements of each receiver. Something an intelligent QB would naturally do IMO.

The way I see it Hapless fixing the problem requires an upgrade in Allens security blankets IMO. 

Edited by Figster

12 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I think it’s just to much in his instincts for him to stop taking a bad sack or two cause he tries to extend plays...so my guess is him checking into more running plays and in general using his running backs more in the offense 

I think it'll be this, with checking down to RB passes more also. This assumes they add a good receiving RB for Singletary's role.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The one thing that continues to be an issue, although was a bit better this year, is deep ball accuracy.  When you have a guy running wide open for an easy 6 an NFL QB cant miss em, its inexcusable.   He could use to get the ball out faster, but so much of that has to do with talent around him as well.  

Agreed, but his issue as I see it on deep balls is simply never putting air under it. Look at Matt Barkley -- he throws lollipop deep balls, but if a guy has the defender beat, he's gonna catch it because he will have the time to adjust and track it down. There is no time to adjust to Allen's deep balls, so they have to be really accurate. I was watching some highlights of DeShaun Watson deep balls, and he simply launched it up high and expects his receiver to go get it. He gets a lot of TDs that way. One issue with Allen is that his arm is so goddamn strong that throwing a ball 50 yards with velocity on a low arc is basically effortless for him. 

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Agreed, but his issue as I see it on deep balls is simply never putting air under it. Look at Matt Barkley -- he throws lollipop deep balls, but if a guy has the defender beat, he's gonna catch it because he will have the time to adjust and track it down. There is no time to adjust to Allen's deep balls, so they have to be really accurate. I was watching some highlights of DeShaun Watson deep balls, and he simply launched it up high and expects his receiver to go get it. He gets a lot of TDs that way. One issue with Allen is that his arm is so goddamn strong that throwing a ball 50 yards with velocity on a low arc is basically effortless for him. 

So he basically needs to get more control of his arm strength - take weight off the fall I’m order to give it a better trajectory?

15 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Easy to do in a dome - now try that in buffalo in january.  Russel Wilson had like 30 TDs at the midway point this year and a lot of them were like that.  Then weather turns a bit and it becomes more challenging to chuck the ball 40 yards accurately without a bit of heat behind the ball.

30 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I think it’s just to much in his instincts for him to stop taking a bad sack or two cause he tries to extend plays...so my guess is him checking into more running plays and in general using his running backs more in the offense 

I'd like to see him continue to develop his fakes.  He's shown the shoulder fake, and some head fakes - but thats what makes mahomes so dirty against zone.  He whooped edmunds on fakes in the middle and there's nothing you can do - if he can buy time and manipulate the LBs and safeties he's basically unstoppable.

He's massively improved on pre-snap reads and adjustments, but there's still work to be done there as well.