How Allen will Work to become a better QB

Maybe he will hand the ball off a bit more on RPOs but that would preclude noticeably better run blocking... hint hint...,Daboll cough cough anyone...

Go Bills!!!

My guess is he works on...

1.   Continue to improve deep balls.  Especially the corner routes.  

2.  Check the ball down when its not there.  Progress that faster. 

3.  Keep improving footwork.  It gets sloppy from time to time. 

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

My guess is he works on...

1.   Continue to improve deep balls.  Especially the corner routes.  

2.  Check the ball down when its not there.  Progress that faster. 

3.  Keep improving footwork.  It gets sloppy from time to time. 

#3 +

better defensive awareness 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Singletary falls flat on his face in what should have been a big gainer. Oline had zero to do with it. Like Singletary Knox drops footballs. Good TE's don't drop footballs. 

Good luck you say on drafting the next Kelce? How about good scouting and the right amount of attention on a postion that increases Buffalo's physicallity in the passing game that is long over due.

Allens ball distribution appears to coincide with the the amount of confidence Allen gains by the individual achievements of each receiver. Something an intelligent QB would naturally do IMO.

The way I see it Hapless fixing the problem requires an upgrade in Allens security blankets IMO. 

RB, TE?

Singletary falls flat on his face in what should have been a big gainer. Oline had zero to do with it. Like Singletary Knox drops footballs. Good TE's don't drop footballs. 

I wasn't absolving Singletary of blame, just saying there's plenty to go around.  And both Knox and Singletary have made plays for us too.  I'm not saying we can't do with an upgrade, but I don't think it's fair to let one play define them.

Good luck you say on drafting the next Kelce? How about good scouting and the right amount of attention on a postion that increases Buffalo's physicallity in the passing game that is long over due.

Allens ball distribution appears to coincide with the the amount of confidence Allen gains by the individual achievements of each receiver. Something an intelligent QB would naturally do IMO.

The way I see it Hapless fixing the problem requires an upgrade in Allens security blankets IMO. 

That could be that we need an upgrade.  I don't know what they do in practice.  I just know I see them open a lot during games when Allen overlooks them for a better-covered deeper receiver, and I personally think that's between Allen's ears.  

Maybe if they got more attention in everyday games they would be more accustomed.

7 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Bills fans seriously need to stop paying attention to that guy. He says ridiculous stuff on purpose because he knows hundreds of bills fans will get all worked up over it and amplify his comments.

He’s a troll that craves attention. Don’t give it to him.

(this comment is not directed at you, just talking in general). 

I hear ya, I just think it's totally laughable at this point. He's just such an ass, lol

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I wasn't absolving Singletary of blame, just saying there's plenty to go around.  And both Knox and Singletary have made plays for us too.  I'm not saying we can't do with an upgrade, but I don't think it's fair to let one play define them.

That could be that we need an upgrade.  I don't know what they do in practice.  I just know I see them open a lot during games when Allen overlooks them for a better-covered deeper receiver, and I personally think that's between Allen's ears.  

Maybe if they got more attention in everyday games they would be more accustomed.

On the one play, no , its not fair. By way of argument in understanding why Allen lacks confidence on the other hand. A good example IMO. I also think to run the football better more of an emphasis does need to be put on the run game in practices and game planning. The thing is nobody knows these guys better then Daboll and Allen IMO. The fact that they don't place as much of an emphasis on running or using TE's is because its at the bottom of the list by way of what Buffalo excels in IMO. The athletes themselves are partly responsible for this lack of confidence IMO.

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

On the one play, no , its not fair. By way of argument in understanding why Allen lacks confidence on the other hand. A good example IMO. I also think to run the football better more of an emphasis does need to be put on the run game in practices and game planning. The thing is nobody knows these guys better then Daboll and Allen IMO. The fact that they don't place as much of an emphasis on running or using TE's is because its at the bottom of the list by way of what Buffalo excels in IMO. The athletes themselves are partly responsible for this lack of confidence IMO.

Isn't that a circular argument?

Buffalo doesn't place much emphasis on the run -> Buffalo not good at run -> therefore Buffalo doesn't place much emphasis on the run

We were better at running the ball last year.  Not great, but mediocre instead of negligible.  With the same back, and (for starters) most of the same OL.

I do think that with limited off-season, there may have been a deliberate decision to focus on the passing game in training camp and early on.  It makes a lot of sense from a high-level organizational perspective - Allen's 3rd year and the addition of Diggs meant the Bills really needed to answer the question "Is he the Man? or no?" 

I think some folks may have a point that perhaps they didn't intend it to go so far but it snowballed.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Isn't that a circular argument?

Buffalo doesn't place much emphasis on the run -> Buffalo not good at run -> therefore Buffalo doesn't place much emphasis on the run

We were better at running the ball last year.  Not great, but mediocre instead of negligible.  With the same back, and (for starters) most of the same OL.

I do think that with limited off-season, there may have been a deliberate decision to focus on the passing game in training camp and early on.  It makes a lot of sense from a high-level organizational perspective - Allen's 3rd year and the addition of Diggs meant the Bills really needed to answer the question "Is he the Man? or no?" 

I think some folks may have a point that perhaps they didn't intend it to go so far but it snowballed.

Its whatever you choose to make it. I can't control how other people think or formulate opinions.I think its a circular argument until you upgrade the position. Oline hasn't changed. You help make my argument for me. 

How good was Buffalo's O last season in comparison to this season?

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Easy to do in a dome - now try that in buffalo in january.  Russel Wilson had like 30 TDs at the midway point this year and a lot of them were like that.  Then weather turns a bit and it becomes more challenging to chuck the ball 40 yards accurately without a bit of heat behind the ball.

I'd like to see him continue to develop his fakes.  He's shown the shoulder fake, and some head fakes - but thats what makes mahomes so dirty against zone.  He whooped edmunds on fakes in the middle and there's nothing you can do - if he can buy time and manipulate the LBs and safeties he's basically unstoppable.

He's massively improved on pre-snap reads and adjustments, but there's still work to be done there as well.

Buffalo has played meaningful games in January once in the last 16 years (the last time was the Bills-Steelers game in 2004). And the weather in the Indy game was fine. Most Bills games are played in good to decent weather. Regardless, it's a problem given the accuracy his approach requires. 

Edited by dave mcbride

6 minutes ago, Figster said:

Its whatever you choose to make it. I can't control how other people think or formulate opinions.I think its a circular argument until you upgrade the position. Oline hasn't changed. You help make my argument for me. 

How good was Buffalo's O last season in comparison to this season?

What do you mean "oline hasn't changed"?

Last year's OL was different, and for run-blocking clearly better.  It had Spain and Feliciano at guard.  This season Spain lasted 1.5 games and Feliciano didn't start at RG until Week 12.  From halfway through Week 2 until week 9, we were "muddling through" with some combination of Cody Ford, Winters, and Boettger at guard - and  Ford was NOT run blocking well at guard.

For pass blocking clearly Williams was an upgrade on Ford/Nsekhe.  For run blocking, unclear.  But the interior of the OL was a big downgrade for run blocking, a bit better after Feliciano returned but still not good.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What do you mean "oline hasn't changed"?

Last year's OL was different, and for run-blocking clearly better.  It had Spain and Feliciano at guard.  This season Spain lasted 1.5 games and Feliciano didn't start at RG until Week 12.  From halfway through Week 2 until week 9, we were "muddling through" with some combination of Cody Ford, Winters, and Boettger at guard - and  Ford was NOT run blocking well at guard.

For pass blocking clearly Williams was an upgrade on Ford/Nsekhe.  For run blocking, unclear.  But the interior of the OL was a big downgrade for run blocking, a bit better after Feliciano returned but still not good.

Simply repeating what you posted (With the same back, and (for starters) most of the same OL)

My point remains the same. Not checking down or turning to a TE security blanket is due in part to the lack of confidence IMO. Lack of confidence from Daboll and or Allen probably both IMO. Agreeing with you on practice makes perfect doesn't change my point IMO.  You have shades of elite in the WR corp.  You have middle of the pack at best RB's. Below average TE's

Myself personally, Brandon Beane can help fix the disparity IMO.

Edited by Figster

11 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Minor thing, but I'd like to see him work on his hard count a bit - watching Aaron Rodgers tape would be a good start. 

Ok you don't watch the games. I bet if they kept a stat on how many times a QB got a defender to go Offside I bet money that ALLEN would be top 5 EASILY