Did the Lincoln Project have a casting couch ?

5 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

don't need a pass I don’t touch kids 

You seem like you do... You like to ask disgusting questions about it.

I think this hit you hard b.c it is you in a way... Which is why you went crazy in this thread.

Edited by TBBills

31 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

i hope your registered so kids know where not to trick or treat.  

I really would love to keep professing that you're not really a bad guy, you just play one on the internet. I hope you really understand the severity of a number of your posts in this thread. You wouldn't say it to people's faces for fear of getting your jaw broken so don't use the veil of internet protection to act like a coward. I really would like to believe that you're actually better than that away from your keyboard.

As disgusting as this story is and as severe as the consequences are for the people that have suffered because of these actions, I find it extremely difficult to watch people that have advocated for Donald Trump thinking that they have any moral high ground whatsoever crowing about the sexual deviancy of others. I don't love falling down the 'whataboutism' hole but a whole slew of inappropriate comments about women didn't put you off that guy. It's hard to buy that you're incredulous now for reasons other than because it's a stick to beat the left with.

I don't think anyone here is saying that they don't want John Weaver to be investigated and punished by the law to the highest standard possible if he's done anything that's illegal rather than simply immoral. I'll add my voice to those calling for a deeper look into who within the Lincoln Project knew and when. Accountability is absolutely paramount in these types of situations.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I don't think anyone here is saying that they don't want John Weaver to be investigated and punished by the law to the highest standard possible if he's done anything that's illegal rather than simply immoral. I'll add my voice to those calling for a deeper look into who within the Lincoln Project knew and when. Accountability is absolutely paramount in these types of situations.

He has acknowledged communicating inappropriately with people.

https://www.axios.com/john-weaver-former-mccain-aide-acknowledges-inappropriate-messages-32de0ee5-bf9d-4574-945c-bc0ef4777b81.html

To me that likely confirms to a degree his using his position of power to do this which absolutely scummy if maybe not illegal. Doesn't seem like he's confirmed the story with the 14 year old though. That story if true is creepy and probably would fit the description of grooming. From what the story said it seems he waited until the kid was 18 which would make it not illegal but creepy as hell, and it'd make you wonder if that was always the case.

Also would make you wonder about his medical departure from the Lincoln Project in the summer.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He has acknowledged communicating inappropriately with people.

https://www.axios.com/john-weaver-former-mccain-aide-acknowledges-inappropriate-messages-32de0ee5-bf9d-4574-945c-bc0ef4777b81.html

To me that likely confirms to a degree his using his position of power to do this which absolutely scummy if maybe not illegal. Doesn't seem like he's confirmed the story with the 14 year old though. That story if true is creepy and probably would fit the description of grooming. From what the story said it seems he waited until the kid was 18 which would make it not illegal but creepy as hell, and it'd make you wonder if that was always the case.

Also would make you wonder about his medical departure from the Lincoln Project in the summer.

His statement definitely looks like, at the very least, he's been an absolute creep. What he's admitted to in that is enough for him to be judged within the court of public opinion. I'm sure most of us have crossed a line before by misreading signals etc. but for more than 20 people to accuse you, you can't really call it a mistake. It's a pattern of behaviour.

The biggest issue is with the 14 year old lad. In the messages quoted in the NY Times article "resend me your stats" when he had turned 18 definitely makes it sound like he's asked for them before (and perhaps been given them). That alone is enough to raise an alarm that he was asking for explicit sexual information from a minor. The accusations certainly paint him as a pretty aggressive and persistent person so I can't imagine if he did ask, he only asked the once, even if rebuffed.

Edited by Blokestradamus
Added a link.

8 hours ago, wnyguy said:

Why can't you guys ever just comment on the subject at hand? It's not about Trump it's about one of the founders of the Lincoln Project grooming young boys to be molested. Care to comment on that subject?

I did.  The OP accused the Lincoln Project of being full of full of pedos and pervs, so I pointed out that Trump has had some notable connections to pedos and pervs.  

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, too, dude.    Not my problem the OP has nothing real/significant/timely to post about so settles for spreading manure. 

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1

Making this for Sunday - nothing like firing up the smoker in February

Smoked Al Pastor Tacos

Ingredients

3-4 lb Shoulder/Butt

3 tbsp Achiote Paste

2 tbsp Chili Powder

1 tbsp Garlic Powder

1 tbsp Dried Oregano

1 tbsp Cumin Powder

1 tbsp Black Pepper

1 tbsp Kosher Salt

3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar

1 cup Pineapple Juice

1 cup caramelized onions

1 cup Pineapple Jalepeno glaze (recipe to follow)

Flour Tortillas

Cilantro for garnish

Directions

1)  Combine achiote paste, chili powder, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt & pepper with apple cider vinegar and pineapple juice and marinate pork shoulder overnight.

2)  Prepare the Smoker – In our case we used a wood pellet smoker set to 225.  If using a charcoal / wood grill, arrange firebox or set up indirect cooking until the chamber registers at approximately the same temperature (225).  Feel free to use whatever hardwood you have on hand, cherry and maple were used for this recipe, but hickory or apple would also be good choices.

3)  Using the same spices as the marinade, lightly coat the pork shoulder with a even mixture.  This provides the end product with a more flavorful “bark” (crispy outside layer).

4)  Place the shoulder on the smoker and monitor the temperature accordingly.  Starting at the 4 hour mark, spritz with pineapple juice once per hour.  This is also the time where I use a meat thermometer to begin monitoring the internal temperature of the meat.

5)  Take the pork off the smoker one the internal temperature reaches over 195 (I prefer 203).  Wrap and foil and let it rest 30-90 minutes prior to shredding / pulling.

6)  While the meat is resting, prepare your caramelized onions….for more info on how to do this —-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-bhA0GcoLM

7)  To make your jalepeno glaze, dice 2 jalapenos (seeds and all), and mix with 1 cup of pineapple juice, 1/2 cup of brown sugar.  Bring this mixture to a simmer and add 1 tbsp of cornstarch that’s been combined with 1/4 cup of water.  Allow the glaze to simmer (and thicken) for 15-20 minutes.

😎  Warm your tortillas according to the instructions.  Build your tacos with pork, onions, glaze, and cilantro.  Feel free to add your own flavors to this dish and be your own Smoker Box Hero!

9)  Eat the tacos heartily while consuming copious amounts of beer or tequila.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, wnyguy said:

Why can't you guys ever just comment on the subject at hand? It's not about Trump it's about one of the founders of the Lincoln Project grooming young boys to be molested. Care to comment on that subject?

I think we have all made it clear that no one is above the law. That goes for Biden, Hillary, Bill and so on.

Just ask Al Franken and Katie Hill.

Meanwhile - folks w brains just happen to highlight Trump and the QOP for the sheer hypocrisy. And the fact that you or your party platform - QAnon - won’t even acknowledge the vile creep and pig that Trump indeed is - takes the cake.

So take a seat 

Edited by BillStime
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

I really would love to keep professing that you're not really a bad guy, you just play one on the internet. I hope you really understand the severity of a number of your posts in this thread. You wouldn't say it to people's faces for fear of getting your jaw broken so don't use the veil of internet protection to act like a coward. I really would like to believe that you're actually better than that away from your keyboard.

As disgusting as this story is and as severe as the consequences are for the people that have suffered because of these actions, I find it extremely difficult to watch people that have advocated for Donald Trump thinking that they have any moral high ground whatsoever crowing about the sexual deviancy of others. I don't love falling down the 'whataboutism' hole but a whole slew of inappropriate comments about women didn't put you off that guy. It's hard to buy that you're incredulous now for reasons other than because it's a stick to beat the left with.

simma down naaa 

none of these TDS’ers would be able to break my jaw.   

they have yapped for years on end about nothing and hyped this pedo outfit endlessly.  

idgaf what any of them think, they are a bag of kooks on their best day.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• SDS locked this topic

The pedo stuff stops. Either grow up or stop posting in PPP. Two people have been booted for 3 weeks because of their behavior in this topic. It's been used as a tool for radicalization and I want no part of it.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1