Stafford is officially my new favorite non-Bill (refused trade to Pats)

Virgil

5 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Ps.  I dont think his agent was approached for anything but Philly.  

The Bengals requested an interview with him and he rejected the interview! He was set to be the Colts next head coach (they even had a press conference scheduled to announce it) and he bailed at the last minute and left them at the altar scrambling.

His excuse? His kids were born in N.E. and he loves the area. Yeah, right. Hubris overload.

5 hours ago, QCity said:

The Bengals requested an interview with him and he rejected the interview! He was set to be the Colts next head coach (they even had a press conference scheduled to announce it) and he bailed at the last minute and left them at the altar scrambling.

His excuse? His kids were born in N.E. and he loves the area. Yeah, right. Hubris overload.

This year I havent heard Mcdaniels name in anything but Philly.  The Indy thing kinda took him off the hot list sort of speak.

14 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

BB is eyeing what's going on in S.F.

Also

The draft is coming..among other Free agent QBs.

This team won 7 with a QB who could barely throw pass the line of scrimmage. What do you think they could be capable of with a different actual QB. 🤔

I think perhaps you should reassess the barely throw a pass beyond the LOS.....take a look at the NFC Championship game.....last play of the 1st half and any other pass Brady completed in that game......there are more too.....if you take off the blinders

Edited by Kwai San

11 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

And I told you one of the pats options is going to be.....Jimmy G. they are playing close attention to the situation in SF. Jimmy G would be interested in returning if he shakes loose. What "both" ? 

pats have cap space over 50 mill, you keep talking like the pats are "dead in the water" not a lot of options and moves. But you can not be further from the truth. You do not have to believe me, but come check back with me at the beginning of the season.

If Jimmy G is their big plan, good luck with that one.  The guy can't stay healthy to save his life and needs good players around him.  Even if the Cheaters were to get him (and I doubt it since, given his injury history, he'll want to maximize his next contract), he's not attracting any of the top few available skill position players, which is what I meant by "both."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

If Jimmy G is their big plan, good luck with that one.  The guy can't stay healthy to save his life and needs good players around him.  Even if the Cheaters were to get him (and I doubt it since, given his injury history, he'll want to maximize his next contract), he's not attracting any of the top few available skill position players, which is what I meant by "both."

If Jimmy G isn't having particularly successful seasons when healthy - in the shanahan/kubiak offense (run and heavy PA).  I don't personally believe he is any good.  He's pretty much 30 years old, and has 1 full season - and no true success.  

With the rams making the move for stafford, seattle being seattle, and arizona being solidly in that 7-10 win range - you have to figure out QB.  He might be good enough to get it done, but he might be bad enough to finish 4th.

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

I think perhaps you should reassess the barely throw a pass beyond the LOS.....take a look at the NFC Championship game.....last play of the 1st half and any other pass Brady completed in that game......there are more too.....if you take off the blinders

I wasn' t talking about Brady. I was talking about Cam Newton. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

How is Jimmy G gonna try to "maximize his next contract coming off of injury? What team is going to pay him top dollars coming off an injury. And if it's not "their big plan"!?  i know your distain for the pats really puts you in a spot to not have a logic convo. on this, and that is fine. But BB has been coaching since 1979. I think he realize he needs to build his team, and i think they have an idea what they need to do. He wouldn't be in the league this long if he didn't. Again if he can win 7 with Cam Newton and no offense last season, what you think he could with a decent QB and an a decent upgrade at wide receiver and tight end. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

13 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

And I told you one of the pats options is going to be.....Jimmy G. they are playing close attention to the situation in SF. Jimmy G would be interested in returning if he shakes loose. What "both" ? 

pats have cap space over 50 mill, you keep talking like the pats are "dead in the water" not a lot of options and moves. But you can not be further from the truth. You do not have to believe me, but come check back with me at the beginning of the season. 

There is a lot of talk about SF just cutting (shaking loose) Jimmy G.  I'm sure they will look to trade him.

His cost for 2 seasons is 25M per.  That's not a lot for a starter of even middle skills.

I can see a needy team giving up a 3rd to secure him.  NE doesn't have a 3rd this year due to their "camera work".

$50M is a good chunk of money but after you pay a QB and re-sign a few of your UFAs (you guys got a boat load of them) some

I would hope the Bills are looking at, doesn't leave a lot of money to put together an offense.

I'm sure the Pats* will improve over the offseason but you my find that getting from a 7 win team to a 10 win team is not easy to do.

I will be watching what goes on with your Pats* very closely and I'm sure we will have some interesting talks ahead.

After all the crap that was dumped on Andy Reid for "not being able to win the big one" it's fun to see Belichick unable to compete while the big man coaches in Super Bowls. 

It's ALMOST like having the greatest QB of the past 25 years inflated Belichick's legacy a bit...

Keep this in mind: Andy Reid was winning all along with different guys, he just wasn't winning the Super Bowl. Belichick loses Brady and the team is so hopeless that the Lions QB refused to go there. To New England, where "all they do is win."

Edited by TheFunPolice

17 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

How is Jimmy G gonna try to "maximize his next contract coming off of injury? What team is going to pay him top dollars coming off an injury. And if it's not "their big plan"!?  i know your distain for the pats really puts you in a spot to not have a logic convo. on this, and that is fine. But BB has been coaching since 1979. I think he realize he needs to build his team, and i think they have an idea what they need to do. He wouldn't be in the league this long if he didn't. Again if he can win 7 with Cam Newton and no offense last season, what you think he could with a decent QB and an a decent upgrade at wide receiver and tight end.

Maximize doesn't mean "pay top dollar:" it means getting the best contract you can on the market.   Looking at the number of teams trying to acquire Stafford and the lack of good veteran QBs now available, there will likely be competition for even a guy like Jimmy G.  But again, even if they were to get him prior to the start of FA, he's not a draw for upgrades at WR or TE for them.

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

After all the crap that was dumped on Andy Reid for "not being able to win the big one" it's fun to see Belichick unable to compete while the big man coaches in Super Bowls. 

It's ALMOST like having the greatest QB of the past 25 years inflated Belichick's legacy a bit...

Keep this in mind: Andy Reid was winning all along with different guys, he just wasn't winning the Super Bowl. Belichick loses Brady and the team is so hopeless that the Lions QB refused to go there. To New England, where "all they do is win."

if Andy Reid didnt have Mahomes would he be coaching in a SB? no, he would be Marty Schottenheimer. This is BB first year of his rebuild. So now 20 plus season gets erased just like that? Mind you BB won SB rings before Brady was ever drafted.

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

[b]Maximize doesn't mean "pay top dollar:" it means getting the best contract you can on the market[/b].   Looking at the number of teams trying to acquire Stafford and the lack of good veteran QBs now available, there will likely be competition for even a guy like Jimmy G.  But again, even if they were to get him prior to the start of FA, he's not a draw for upgrades at WR or TE for them.

Because of his injury he can want whatever he likes, but again. He was inquired. he is not going to be that expensive to obtain and the Pats have the cap space. What are you not getting. They have the money, plus he is damage good according to you so why would the pats or any team want him? also I never said no other teams wouldn't look into him, but again doesn't mean the Pats can not get him...it was already mentioned and i heard this on the radio-if he does shake loose, BB knows if he truly wants Jimmy G he can obtain him and Jimmy G would come back here because he feels he owes BB for getting him his big contract. That doesn't mean that will absolutely be the turn out, but there is a good chance he could go back to NE if both sides are that interested. 

and your mistake is you are thinking like fan; BB is not going after any "Allen Robinson" or "D. Watson" type of players. He clearly knows their asking price and draft capital is too high. Anything they could get on the free agency market and in the draft is better than what they have. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

At this point the Pats are not a destination for just about any player with talent and a brain, think about it, who in their right mind wants to play for Belichick anymore... The luster is gone.

Edited by Don Otreply

23 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

There is a lot of talk about SF just cutting (shaking loose) Jimmy G.  I'm sure they will look to trade him.

His cost for 2 seasons is 25M per.  That's not a lot for a starter of even middle skills.

I can see a needy team giving up a 3rd to secure him.  NE doesn't have a 3rd this year due to their "camera work".

$50M is a good chunk of money but after you pay a QB and re-sign a few of your UFAs (you guys got a boat load of them) some

I would hope the Bills are looking at, doesn't leave a lot of money to put together an offense.

[b]I'm sure the Pats* will improve over the offseason but you my find that getting from a 7 win team to a 10 win team is not easy to do.[/b]

I will be watching what goes on with your Pats* very closely and I'm sure we will have some interesting talks ahead.

They had opportunities to win 9 this year had things bounced a little different for them...and with teams continually to crap on themselves for no reason (see the Pittsburgh Steelers) It's not to far fetch to think so. But I am not putting a number on how many wins. I am just looking at them being more competitive than their were last year. 

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

if Andy Reid didnt have Mahomes would he be coaching in a SB? no, he would be Marty Schottenheimer. This is BB first year of his rebuild. So now 20 plus season gets erased just like that? Mind you BB won SB rings before Brady was ever drafted.

Reid went to a Super Bowl with McNabb, went to the playoffs almost every year with different QBs on 2 different teams in 2 conferences, and has a very successful coaching tree including McDermott. To me that means his system and techniques are successful and adaptable. 

Belichick has made the playoffs once as a HC without Tom Brady as his QB, back when he was with the Browns. As a head coach, he was and now is totally mediocre to bad in terms of W/L without Tom Brady. 

Belichick also has no coaching tree to speak of, other than Saban who owns college football. He won 2 Super Bowls as an assistant on Parcells staff. Reid won a Super Bowl as an assistant on Holmgren's staff.

Obviously Belichick is a great coach, but when all is said and done this is going to be a debate. Reid will very likely come close to or even pass him in career wins. If Reid racks up a few rings along the way things are going to be very interesting. Don't forget Reid is 6 years younger, and the Chiefs are red hot and rolling, whereas NE is a mess. 

Reid likely won't get 6 rings, but he has a good chance of passing Belichick on the career wins list and he will have won more than half of those games with McNabb and Alex Smith as his QBs. The vast majority of Belichick's wins will be with Brady at QB. 

It's going to get interesting. People has this idea that there was some secret magic to Belichick, that he was smarter than every other coach. Turns out Tom Brady had quite a bit to do with it. 

• Agree 1